We Have Seen the End of the Story!

CryptReaperDorian

CryptReaperDorian

Actually, I highly doubt it (talking about the topic's title), but it's too common for movies and video games to do. Why is it that either the climax or the most intense parts of a video game or movie happens to be spoiled in a trailer? I'd say that just shows a serious lack of content, and R* isn't void of guilt.

If you didn't complete GTA IV yet, then don't watch the following videos.

The trailer is "That Special Someone".

Well, "that special someone" is at about 0:47.

Also, note that what is probably considered the most intense mission in GTA IV was shown in this trailer.

Is that the end of the Deal path at 1:26?

That "most intense mission" was also spoiled in the fourth trailer.

Another thing I hate is that the "coolest toy" of GTA IV (which wasn't that great of a toy) was shown in all three of the trailers. Why can't we have surprises?

Okay, how about we look at GTA V?

The "most intense mission" is possibly at 0:45.

The "coolest toy" is possibly at 1:00.

All I see at 1:00 is some drunk bum on the right. Or maybe you meant the "Hydra" at 1:01? Could you be more specific please?

CryptReaperDorian

All I see at 1:00 is some drunk bum on the right. Or maybe you meant the "Hydra" at 1:01? Could you be more specific please?

Yeah, it's the "Hydra" (or whatever it will be called). That scene starts just a little bit before 1:01, and it only lasts a brief second.

You really think robbing a diamond store will be "the most intense mission" ? Anyway I watched IV's trailers many times before it came out and I didn't really feel like they spoiled the game at all.

Intriguing thread... never thought of it this way. When the new trailers start to pop out in the coming weeks and months we should take a look at them and see what we can come up with. It seems like more than just R* does this. Though I doubt they really spoil the game, you can find a lot more clues now that this has come to light.

While I understand the point you are making, I don't believe that the trailers ruined the gameplay for me. Because when I was doing the missions you mentioned I definitely wasn't thinking, "Oh man WTF I remember seeing this in the trailer." I was too immersed into the game to even think back to the trailers.

So to reply to your topic I do not think that GTAV will be in "lack of content", and R*....Not Guilty.

Harwood Butch3r

I never felt GTA IV's trailers ruined the game. I mean they don't reveal that much anyway IMO.

That is exactly the reason why I try to avoid trailers altogether, especially film trailers. Games are a bit different in that sense, I usually just stay away from any gameplay vids.

Ehh I don't think it spoils the game at all, because when you view the trailer for the first time, and especially if the game is not out yet, the person would have no real idea what happens and when does it happen. So we know they are robbing a diamond store..but do we know how did that scene evolved into that. No big details are given. We would not know what part is towards the end of the game until we play it.

Ehh I don't think it spoils the game at all, because when you view the trailer for the first time, and especially if the game is not out yet, the person would have no real idea what happens and when does it happen. So we know they are robbing a diamond store..but do we know how did that scene evolved into that. No big details are given. We would not know what part is towards the end of the game until we play it.

Agreed 100%!

Finn 7 five 11

What content revealed is not really a big deal, since you sort of see what happens, but not enough to ruin the story, just enough to say "hey that looks interesting", and until you actually play the mission the cutscenes and such shown in the trailer really are nothing.

From what we can see there is a robbery, poisoning farmers crops/farmers (or Maybe harvesting drugs?) flying a jet, running away from cops and a helicopter, in a car chase as well, helping out at a nightclub, or maybe finding someone there and then beating them up?

An explosion on the bridge (car on fire) what previous GTA does that remind you of?

There are many things within the trailer, but really make no sense at this point, we just know it's there/

Harwood Butch3r

Exactly. It may show something from a mission/cutscene, but we don't know why it's happened or when it happens. Who's going to be thinking of trailers anyway while playing the game?

I get the OP's point... but I respectfully disagree. I also think the topic title is a bit 'meh'...

Yeah when I watched the IV trailers I totally felt raped by rockstar, those assholes. I knew everything and the game wasn't gona be fun anymore, that's why I bought the game for pc and console and played the storyline at least 5 times. Pff. From the moment he said "We are all looking for that special someone." I knew it was going to be that dude that looks like a hobo. I also knew that Roman screaming at Niko's face for 3 seconds was going to be a mission that takes great part on the story.

Edited by Toup

I don't agree. The little bits we know, are never enough to equate up to spoilers. The only reason it feels like that, is because we know the story, so we can relate back to the full cutscenes that contain the snippets.

The GTA IV trailers may show you more than you think they should, but you only realise that after playing the game. The trailers usually show you bit then once you play the game you notice it happening and are liek "O' thats that bit from the trailer".

I think R* have always done the GTA trailers well, as they show enough to get you wanting the game without really giving anything away other than the basic plot of the game.

IMO it seems like the OP is going a little bit over board. It's almost like saying "ZOMG THE STATUE OF HAPPINESS IS IN GTA 4 TRAILER END OF GAME IS SPOILED/RUINED!!!!!!!1!1!11!11!1!!1!!1" I don't see anything in that trailer that hints to the end of the game...just my two cents.

Snake Without a Tongue

I think it's a good topic, but nothing we haven't all considered. The speculation over scenes from the IV trailers turned out to be completely ass-backwards due to editing (and the stupidity of the people speculating). Example: that scene of Niko getting smacked in the face with the rifle butt was assumed to be general combat, but it was actually a major plot point in the story.

The narration from the V trailer is probably anything BUT an honest introduction. It's probably a facetious comment made after things go bad for the protagonist.

Buffalo Soldier

I noticed this ages ago - well about the ending being spoilt and it didn't bother me, because we didn't know all this at the first time of watching the trailers, did we?

I mean that 'Special Someone' that Niko grabbed in that trailer - to someone who hasn't played the game, that could of been any old character.

But above all things, watching them makes me so excited for the next batch of GTA V trailers to come until the release.

Movies & videogames are two completely different entertainment platforms so you can't really compare a spoiler heavy movie trailer with a similar game trailer. You only watch a movie (unless it comes with a scratch & sniff card tounge.gif) but watch & play a game.

A closer comparison would be a GTA V demo that contained the best level & a major story spoiler. Thankfully that would never happen, as GTA is too good to need a demo.

As many guys said before me, I don't fully agree with the OP.

Don't really think they've spoiled the story for us.

Sure, that robbery mission that's suggested in the trailer is, probably, a big in-game mission.

But we don't know anything else about it.

And, after watching all those IV trailers again, I can say it only spoils the mood of the game.

They don't even stress who are going to be the biggest characters. I remember I learned all the one-liners from the trailers, by the time I actually played the game, when the real lines appeared the context ended up being so different from what I was expecting...

Watching the trailers again, my hype for GTA IV came back.. for about 10 seconds. lol. Niko looked badass in those trailers... in the game.. ehhh not that much confused.gif