Buying gun's (Primary source)

nkjellman

How will we buy guns in GTA V?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. How will we buy guns in GTA V?

• We will buy gun's from the Amunation store like in the III era games.
    • We will buy gun's from Amunation.net like in CTW.
    • We will buy gun's from a private store like GTA IV/EFLC.

How do you guys think we will buy gun's in GTA V?

Note that primary source means it's the normal way of buying gun's that is the way you get them from a location. Not the personal way like buying gun's from a freind, or randomly finding them laying around.

Also to do with gun's I hope Rockstar decides to allow us to pick up droped weapon's. For example we pick up a gun that a person droped and it replaces one of our curent weapon's we should be able to pick up the weapon we droped. Like in Saint's Row, incase it turn's out you like your first weapon you had better than the one you picked up.

Well, I think they're gonna do the private store GTA IV method, but I really hope Ammunation makes a return.

Well, I think they're gonna do the private store GTA IV method, but I really hope Ammunation makes a return.

I honistly hope they do both. Each store could have it's own benifits.

But I think it would be realy cool if they let us costomise our gun's. At least things like larger clip, grenade launcher, lazer, silencer, and different scope. Maybe camo's too. Perhaps the private gun store could sell gun's cheaper but their stock but Amunation let's you customise them.

Oh, and I hope the good ol' 'gun van' makes a return. Always liked getting the same weapons for cheaper prices!

Oh, and I hope the good ol' 'gun van' makes a return. Always liked getting the same weapons for cheaper prices!

Same.

Also hope Rockstar will leave room in the gun shop for Episodic weapons. In TLAD and TBOGT you couldnt buy the Episodic weapon's in the gun shop, because there was no more spots on the table's to put them, however it would explain why the DLC gun's wernt there for Niko.

Harwood Butch3r

Why not a mixure of all 3?

You have legitmate means of weapons purchase via Ammunation and its online website and have shaddy back alley arms dealers that perhaps deal in weapons Ammunation doesn't have?

You have legitmate means of weapons purchase via Ammunation and its online website and have shaddy back alley arms dealers that perhaps deal in weapons Ammunation doesn't have?

That's probaly the idea I was thinking about too. I think it would be cool if they did that. Maybe the tool shop will make a return from Vice City.

I always thought the gun shops were too expensive, especially for just ammo.

I always just used what I found in the missions, by the end of the game I had tons of ammo for my fav guns.

Gun shops will undoubtedly return, I wanna see another shooting range too.

Tool shop NEEDS to be in there. We need more weapons that aren't guns.

Really? aren't all weapons based on either a baseball bat or a knife? I mean, 95% of the melee weapons from VC were just reskined knives or baseball bats, so I really don't see why people want a variety of melee weapons. It would be nice, but its not on the top of my priority.

I'd like to see all three too, just think of the possibilities!

Really? aren't all weapons based on either a baseball bat or a knife? I mean, 95% of the melee weapons from VC were just reskined knives or baseball bats, so I really don't see why people want a variety of melee weapons. It would be nice, but its not on the top of my priority.

But a knife re-skinned to be a katana does an awesome weapon make.

To be fair, you could say the exact same thing about most of the guns. Still, it's different, as the different weapons would have different animations, and you'd use them differently. Generally, assaulting someone with a screwdriver seems funnier to me than assaulting someone with a boring knife. I don't think a little diversity could hurt.

Also, bring back brass knuckles.

A mixture of all 3 methods.

Player can buy from Ammu-Nation stores

Weapons available (legal): Melee, Pistols, SMGs, Assault Rifles.

Others: Bulletproof vest

Player can buy from back alley dealers

Weapons available (illegal): Customized melee, Snipers, RPGs, Grenades, Bombs e.t.c

Player can buy online from Ammu-Nation.net and have it delivered to their safehouse.

Weapons available: Same as store

Others: Same as store

Something like that...

Vegetarian Piranha

true, we need some crowbars, 2x4's, golf clubs, cricket bats, wrenches, steel poles, brass knuckles, hammers/mallets, axes/tomahawks.

Tracksuit Hitman

Seen as though the gun laws might not be as controlled as in Liberty City, I'm hoping they bring back the Ammu-Nation stores back. As-well as that, the game should have the back-alley shops, but only have 2-3, whereas having quite a lot of Ammu-Nation's. In the back-alley stores, the weapons should be cheaper than what Ammu-Nation sell their weapons at. The reason I say have less back-alley stores, is because if they're cheaper, there shouldn't be as many. There should only be 1-2 (depending on the size of the island) back-alley gun-stores in each island.

I'd also say only sell firearms, explosives and body armour at the stores. To purchase melee weapons, such as a knife or a baseball bat, the player should have to visit a whole other store. The game, if bringing back the melee store, should contain weapons such as the hammer, the baseball bat, the knife, the chainsaw, the katana and so on, until we have a great big store with all of our favourite GTA melee weapons.

aka geobst

I want AMMO NATION back.

However, special weapons, and more heavy weapons, with and mods for them, could be sold in a van or something.

stuff

I had a similar idea:

Gun Shop Unlock Mission

-sh*tty backstage shop

-Weak weapons - 9mm, Tec9/Micro Uzi, Molotov, etc.

-Melee weapons

Ammu-Nation Unlock Mission

-Ammu-Nation

-Online AND physical store

-Legal (GTA-Wise) weapons - MP5/MP7/MP10, Desert Eagle, Hunting Rifle (why the hell not?), M4, Grenades, etc.

Mid-Game Unlock Mission

-Secure underground shops

-Illegal weapons - Snipers, AK-47, RPG, etc.

-Weapon mods - Nails for the baseball bat, silencers, extended mags, sights, etc.

-Bombs - In garages next to the main operation; they install car bombs

That s it.

And if you have bought your weapon legally and shot someone the police will recognize that it s your weapon and will look for you. If you have bought the weapon on the black market they just don t find a registered weapon with that serial.

Claude4Catalina

didnt Niko and Dimitri have a conversation about firearm control in LC compared to Los Santos (shopping carts full of AK-47's, an Ammo-nation on every block) or something to that effect?

whilst it's a bit of a hyperbole; it would makes sense for the sake of continuity for Los Santos to have a few Ammo-nation's that sell non automatic weapons (pistols and rifles) and then back alley places for heavy weaponry.

Tracksuit Hitman
And if you have bought your weapon legally and shot someone the police will recognize that it s your weapon and will look for you. If you have bought the weapon on the black market they just don t find a registered weapon with that serial.

That would be too realistic for Rockstar, and it would eventually become annoying and boring. Plus, they won't do it because it'll take way too much time to do, and it will also cause gamer's that are lazy to buy their guns from an illegal gun dealer (or as you say, the black market).

aka geobst

I voted like IV/EFLC, but the question should really be how do we want to. How we will? I haven't got a clue, but I so much hope we dont buy them online.

Johnny Playert

I hope (and think) we will buy guns off a high-end arms dealer, a real professional setting. (a la Lord of War kinda guy lol) since i feel the protag is a real high-end professional criminal, he won't be buying guns from a rastafari n e more (lol of course) YOU GET THIS ONE YOU WIN RASTA

I dont know about AmmuNation ne more, buying underground feels better in some way.

You forgot about calling a friend to buy out the back of their vehicle. That is probably the most realistic depiction of buying illegal weapons & was always my preferred method of buying them.

iGrandTheftAuto

Why not both except online? I liked the ammunition stores that were in the III era and it would be great if they came back, but the private place to buy ammunition was alright but I'd prefer to bring back the ammunition stores from the III era. I didn't mind getting guns from a friend, but I didn't like the fact I was being charged.

Edited by iGrandTheftAuto
user posted image

oblivionskate

forgot all about the tool shops. now i want to go play vice city. thumbs up

guns should be earned by leveling up online.

and the odd occasional gun should be left lying around the map for lower levels.