Hidden Reason as to why GTA returns to San Andreas

brs320

When I first heard that GTA V was to be set in modern day Los Santos, I was psyched. Then I began to wonder, maybe they're telling us something.

We all know that in GTA: SA, practically everything could be customized. Weight/Muscle, tats, haircut, clothing colors. And buyinh safehouses.

Maybe GTAs return to SA signifies the return of customization and stuff.

Since money already appears to play a big part in GTA V, these could all serve as ways to spend your hard earned cash. Maybe they'll incorporate these things with other new ideas such as upgrading safehouses or buying cars and other devices, maybe even buying commercial real estate.

Thoughts?

Not exactly a new theory (Many have said this before), but I do hope that all of what you said is possible. But I don't think it's only because it's set back in San Andreas, that is daft reasoning. Customization would be easily possible in any setting, it was only popular from GTA:SA.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Black Sunshine

I sure hope so, Niko looked stupid ALL THE TIME. Those russian clothes and Modo sucked. and it was annoying that you couldn't change his hair. Needs to be like SA was with the wardrobe and like 6 clothing stores.

There's nothing inherent in the west coast setting being more appropriate for interactivity and customization than the east coast setting. I think the pattern you're seeing is a symptom of Rockstar being headquartered in New York. When they were making GTA III and GTA IV they were dealing with technical problems, just making the basic game work, and so for the setting of the game it was more comfortable to use the immediate surroundings of their headquarters so at least the location research would be easier. In each generation of game, after GTA III and GTA IV were successful, they were confident in the technology and that confidence gave them the ambition to deal with a more far-flung location and a wider variety of content. GTA SA couldn't exist without GTA III (and VC) and GTA V couldn't exist without GTA IV.

@Len- Sorry if it's something over posted confused.gif haha Kinda new to these forums

@Black- I agree, more clothing stores to cater to all the players different styles, but all available at once, not having to be unlocked like in SA. Maybe bring back Binco and Didier Sachs as well as others. Maybe use some brands already established in GTA 4: http://gta.wikia.com/Designerslave.com

Harwood Butch3r

I sure hope so, Niko looked stupid ALL THE TIME. Those russian clothes and Modo sucked. and it was annoying that you couldn't change his hair. Needs to be like SA was with the wardrobe and like 6 clothing stores.

How was it annoying you couldn't change Niko's hair? GTA III, VC, VCS and LCS never had it, so was it annoying in those games too?

Anyway as I've said before there needs be more quality clothing. SA had too much rubbish for my liking. I don't mind if it's as extensive, but less crap and more quality clothing that suits the protagonist.

GTA IV didn't have as much, but what it had was much better than the majority of the clothing in SA IMO.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Really, that's all been speculated before, the real reason is because the 5 years it's taking is too long to plot out a completely new map, and apparently they knew that fans wanted to see the old game running on the new engine, and if it were a question of when and timing, Just equate that same idea to the Rockstar Staff...

In other words, they saw a return to previous maps after they reinvented Liberty City and saw how natural and Alive the new engine and physics, Euphoria were. They felt revisiting the old maps would be just as enticing as gamers outside the "Golden Circle" (Rockstar North)...and saves time in the build between hardware / console releases

I think it was known while developing GTA IV that it would be a good idea to introduce the new engines to us with LC as III's LC introduce the new 3-D GTA's. Then the next game could expand the new engines with a bigger and better variety of gameplay options like country side and other features SA introduced to the III era games. It is a relatively simple formula and it is very smart.

Gtaplayaminigun

How was it annoying you couldn't change Niko's hair? GTA III, VC, VCS and LCS never had it, so was it annoying in those games too?

Anyway as I've said before there needs be more quality clothing. SA had too much rubbish for my liking. I don't mind if it's as extensive, but less crap and more quality clothing that suits the protagonist.

GTA IV didn't have as much, but what it had was much better than the majority of the clothing in SA IMO.

Are you kidding? SA had much better variety in clothing than IV and all those clothes did suit the protag's ghetto background and as the story progressed and he became rich, he did get access to better looking clothes which again suited him and his lifestyle. In case of IV they just made some jackets and pants along with some suits. No variety at all. IV's clothing was way more rubbish imho.

I hope so. I hope it allows for more role playing like SA did. I liked dressing my character in clothes that suited his place in the story ie. starting off with ghetto clothes then going for more serious things.

It adds a lot to immersion, plus it's a good way to waste money smile.gif

... GTA III, VC, VCS and LCS never had it, so was it annoying in those games too?

Because GTA:SA set new standards in many ways; one of those was the scope for character customisation.

GTAIV also set new standards but, in my own opinion, many of those were in the implementation of graphics and physics. The payoff for that was the retrograde removal of car/character customisation - something that was a lot of fun back in SA.

Sorry bro there's no "hidden reason" why were back in los santos I think rockstar knew there was an overwhelming demand for a san andreas based game in the fan base but also knew they would'nt be able to put the entire san andreas map on IV's engine so they choice los santos as the main city which makes sense to me.I mean it is where we started off in san andreas.

Really hope that this will be featured again. Player modification was a great progress for the GTA series.

Yes, I think that's true.

Just imagine what kind of expectations people got and still get when they hear that the game take place in L.S. If Rockstar didn't include all this, the game would be overhyped like hell, and people would be extremely dissapointed. It would be suicide. Also, if the game is about money, it means that it's about spending money. Or at least I think so. We must also consider the fact that with the ballad of gay tony Rockstar simply sold a DLC to people including what they realized probably was missing in GTA IV: Parachutes, night clubs, minigames etc. Even the fact that the countryside RETURNS means that Rockstar have CHANGED their opinion about the countryside: Prior to GTA IVs release they considered countryside as 'waste of space', but they've probably realized that people enjoy it, otherwise they wouldn't bother to implement it unless they know people like it.