Anger Management

Gundog

I never actually went to anger management but it was an option back when I was younger as I used to beat the sh*t out of anyone who annoyed me too much (or get my sh*t beaten by them). I never actually ended up in therapy because I, like Typhus, found a way to calm myself. Heck, I even had a huge teddy bear so I could hit it all I wanted and vent a bit. Later on, it became much easier for me to control myself, so I never needed those methods again.

In my early teenage years and childhood years, I was very hotheaded. I would start sh*t if I got insulted and etc. Now I'm a high-school Senior and I can say I have been calmer. Maybe because I haven't been exposed to such situations to that certain extent lately. When I get angry I haven't gone through the "energy burst" that you are describing, rather a slow burst of energy where I can still reflect before acting (I am a very reflective person).

I never liked counting to 10... it's very frustrating to me. I usually tell myself that if I do something, be it insult someone or physically kick the sh*t out of them, I may make things turn out worse, get in bigger sh*t or etc. I figured it is better to hit them back when they least expect it... make them regret what they have said. In a way you won't get in sh*t.

A similar situation happened to a friend who was about to be kicked out from university for having bad grades. He's a very intelligent and dedicated guy, but his problem is that he is a tutor in order to pay for university so he spends most of his day working rather than going to classes and etc. He loves to tutor High School students and etc. So, one day his course coordinator had a talk with him, talking sh*t to him in disrespectful ways. Calling him a dumbass essentially. What my friend did was dedicate himself to graduate with the highest grades of his course and when he received his diploma, he shook the coordinator's hands and whispered to him "Who's the dumbass now, bitch?" What my friend said was that this was way better than swearing back at him or beating the sh*t out of the dude.

So yeah, try to find other means to f*ck those people back. Try to slow down the burst of energy or go outside and waste them somehow. Aggressive music does work, but you still have that energy inside so playing a sport of going out to jog works pretty well with me.

I sometimes find myself squeezing my dick with my left thumb and index. I dunno why. It helps i guess...

Should try those spring loaded hand squeeze devices. The AG warned me I spammed above, but I'd already posted the day before. I really am a Peaceful chap, and that's why I made the above joke, Made me laugh

This topic got me thinking...

I am a calm guy, I don't get pissed off or lose my patience easily, yet behind the wheel of a car I do, why is this I wondered.

So anyways, maybe this is just being stupid or stating the obvious, but I think its all to do with your surroundings, I spend a lot of my time alone, outdoors and working in the countryside, I've lived this way almost all my life, its very rural and isolated, life is calm and peaceful almost all year round. Now I'm guessing most of you, are living in towns and cities, living in places were people dont say hi to each other and are afraid to make eye contact etc...you're surrounded by people, and this causes you to rage, there is very little escape, f*ck all to do and not much productive ways of venting your anger, unless you got a punch bag...I'll never really understand how you guys are able to do this and don't blame you for getting pissed off easily, I'm sure biologically we're kind of programmed in a way that makes us naturally aggressive towards each other at times, like survival of the fittest... I'd like to hear your thoughts..

doesn't fully explain, why I change behind the wheel of a car though, I guess I expect people not to be so f*cking stupid and when they are it really annoys me.

7cg1vNw.png

ajbns has got a point. It could be the environment and the pressure you're under. For some reason I tend to like stress and loads of work... maybe I'm a workaholic depending on the subject. But when I'm under pressure and doing something I feel no joy in, I tend to get pissed off easily.

ajbns has got a point. It could be the environment and the pressure you're under. For some reason I tend to like stress and loads of work... maybe I'm a workaholic depending on the subject. But when I'm under pressure and doing something I feel no joy in, I tend to get pissed off easily.

I hate stress and loads of things to do, since it is bad for yourself leading to a possible disease.

Personally, I love the feeling of having little or no responsibilities for something you don't like. Ajbns, I don't know if you can consider a city of 300k habitants, a big city. But I live in a city like that. People tend to don't look to your face nor say "hi", even though you met them some time ago or you were their classmates.

People from cities tend to don't give a little f*ck to others other than themselves and their family. Since they act like this, I've been obliged to be such selfish person.

I usually deal with stress just with some good sleeping. When I wake up, I feel better to continue my routine and to deal better with things that usually piss me off. This is my advice towards stress:

Give yourself a bit of relax, go get some sleep.

Inner City, Urban blight... violence. Makes me think GTA. But truth is, you should pine for World Peace, it's much less stressful, but people find it hard to actually grasp that it is, If you get mad, the old expression is go out for a walk, get away from the issue instead of feeding into it.

Find something relaxing or enjoyable. Music can do the trick for me. I wouldn't say gaming exactly, but getting a friend to plan some event, that can take your mind of stress