Call of Duty: Black Ops II

vertical limit

Phantomkick

i never liked Futuristic action games confused.gif

i'll be dissapointed then..... (Well i stopped as COD player since WAW) bought last cod i bought is MW2 The rest i get pirated one tounge.gif

LongHairedFreakyGuy
The site seems to be down at the minute, so whether they are working on it, or it's just a problem with the servers...

G The Generous

I was expected it to be a sequel of the first Black Ops because the story was good.

but well, look like we just have another MW but with the "modern cold war with futuristic sh*t" subject

Adam Jensen

Meh, they'd have to completely reinvent the damn thing to get me excited about it. I'm pretty much done with CoD. I don't see the point anymore.

Firefly8000

I wouldn't even mind if it had a new subtitle.

'Black Ops II' made me believe we had a direct sequel on our hands.

Clearly not. Probably a marketing scheme.

I was hoping for continuation of first black ops with Mason as main character, that story was interesting. What is this bullsh*t i really don't know yawn.gif ?

user posted image

DeeperRed

I for one am glad there going to the future. Since I couldn't care less about single-player in Black Ops for me was about as entertaining as Eastenders. The future, if done right could bring some pretty sweet things to multiplayer, because its a bit stale now we have done old/modern so many times. Some sweet futuristic maps could cool (As long as they don't go with the utilitarian aesthetic). I hope wager matches are back, those were a real blast with mates.

user posted image

Futuristic sounds good to me, at least it will feel a bit different.

Certainly looks a bit bonkers

user posted image

dirtycopVCPD
I was hoping for continuation of first black ops with Mason as main character, that story was interesting. What is this bullsh*t i really don't know yawn.gif ?

The cold war setting was probably my favorite aspect of Black Ops. Of course Activision jettisons it for what looks like Modern Warfare 4. Combat in a major American city? Let me guess the bad guys are Russians right?

Adam Jensen

Ahahaha. That Metal Gear looking thing is hilarious. But at least they're trying something new. Gotta give them credit for that. I only just saw those two images on the last page. I always wanted to see what a futuristic CoD would look like. I hope they do more than just a futuristic setting. The game needs a complete overhaul.

At least now they can go wild with weapon design without worrying about authenticity.

Edited by GTAvanja

friendly luggage

Wait wait wait. Are they really setting it in the future?

Wait wait wait. Are they really setting it in the future?

Yus

Pushing the boundaries of what fans have come to expect from the record-setting entertainment franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 propels players into a near future, 21st Century Cold War, where technology and weapons have converged to create a new generation of warfare.

Brown Sugar

Well I was hoping for the same setting as the last black ops game. This will probably be the exact same as the modern warfare series won't it?

DeeperRed
At least now they can go wild with weapon design without worrying about authenticity.

Exactly why I am taking a liking to this. I just hope they don't whoosie out and stick more to now than then.

user posted image

Adam Jensen

Exactly why I am taking a liking to this. I just hope they don't whoosie out and stick more to now than then.

If they have an ounce of creativity they should be able to deliver something new-ish.

My current reaction to the futuristic setting:

user posted image

I personally welcome this whole setting they've got, they can have a ton of freedom with what they do in a multitude of ways, hell they've got a walking tank for gods sake. They may have taken a tiny bit of inspiration from GR:FS with having the whole drone thing in there but i don't mind at all, i just hope they don't get too ridiculous with some of the freedom they have when it comes to weapons etc.

Also, calling it now that there will be some futuristic looking AK in there, it really isn't a CoD game these days (or any FPS for that matter) which at least one AK variant.

user posted image

user posted image

I'm not going to judge just yet. I'll wait until the trailer is released to unleash my fury.

jqmqKlq.gif

Sunrise Driver

Last thing that was keeping me interested in CoD is lost now - urban modern day setting.

Bye then.

Well they finaly started with Future Warfare which Activision registered some time ago.I did want to see one more game set in cold war but that didnt happened.Wonder what would Infinity Ward now covers when they overused modern setting. Probably gonna rent it to see SP,becouse WAW and BO1 were better than MW 1 and 2. Also,realistically Activision wont change nothing until sales start to dropping,and then there couldbe some changes,but until then it would be probably too late for this franchise.

Triple Penetration
calling it now that there will be some futuristic looking AK in there

I sense sarcasm. MW2 and MW3 had futuristic AK-47s (they weren't 74 or AKMs at all), where all the gangs had same strange modifications.

user posted image

Jackal1337

I sense sarcasm. MW2 and MW3 had futuristic AK-47s (they weren't 74 or AKMs at all), where all the gangs had same strange modifications.

and gun named m21 ebr doesnt even exist lol

keep adding dem ufo weaps

Oh not sarcastic at all, i guarantee there will be some AK type weapon somewhere.

user posted image

Oh not sarcastic at all, i guarantee there will be some AK type weapon somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42552005@N06/3921840624/

Something like this? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Carbine23

I was hoping for AT LEAST another cold war setting like the Russians in Afghanistan

Narcis_speed6
The countdown has reached 0 about 2 hours ago, and I can't enter the official website or view that video posted above...

Blackadder.
Last thing that was keeping me interested in CoD is lost now - urban modern day setting.

Bye then.

The Treyarch titles have never been modern, the modern setting hasn't been 'lost' I'm sure it will be in the next IW/Sledghammer game. turn.gif

Don't know why they didn't give it a different subtitle like Future Warfare though, I'd expect something called Black Ops II to take place in a similar time period.

user posted image

Narcis_speed6
I was hoping for AT LEAST another cold war setting like the Russians in Afghanistan

3 locations have been revealed so far: China,Japan and Afghanistan.