Call of Duty: Black Ops II

vertical limit

friendly luggage

I can't wait to know what era it's going to be set in. 70's, 80's or the 90's would be cool but I don't I'll bother buying the game. Just ain't enough guns.

Claude4Catalina

I'm hoping for the 70's, since Call Of Duty has become a bit blury along the lines of a war shooter and generic action game, I could forsee the last stages of the Vietnam war and some fighting on the home turf as a CIA agent or something...smoke and mirrors, all that jazz.

vertical limit

It would be amazing if it was in the WW 1 or 2. I really wish it was set at that time, but however I doubt it.

LongHairedFreakyGuy
It would be amazing if it was in the WW 1 or 2. I really wish it was set at that time, but however I doubt it.

Yeah, there's a real lack of games that are set in that era...

G The Generous

I don't have any interest for COD anymore since it's just a same sh*t with different story.

however, if the next COD is Black Ops 2, hell... I would get it right away.

I like Treyard's COD, don't like COD 3 and WAW much. but Black Ops is awesome, the level design is great, awesome atmosphere (some are stupid unrealistic, though) and the story based on real history instead of a dull fiction story in MW. however, like many nowaday COD, SP is short and too many "I shoot every last of your mofo" sequenceg. I hope Treyard will find someway to end this same sh*t and create a new fresh COD.

I don't have any interest for COD anymore since it's just a same sh*t with different story.

however, if the next COD is Black Ops 2, hell... I would get it right away.

I like Treyard's COD, don't like COD 3 and WAW much. but Black Ops is awesome, the level design is great, awesome atmosphere (some are stupid unrealistic, though) and the story based on real history instead of a dull fiction story in MW. however, like many nowaday COD, SP is short and too many "I shoot every last of your mofo" sequenceg. I hope Treyard will find someway to end this same sh*t and create a new fresh COD.

I agree with you that BO is one of my favorite titles right behind COD 4. The Era was different and I like the mp maps for the most part. Nuketown, Array, Launch, Jungle, Villa and WMD were all enjoyable maps.

• 2 weeks later...
Los Santos Pedestrian

Why don't they have a CoD in World War I or Korea for a change? They already wore out World War II (which lasted only two years and five games), and there's already been four in modern-day (five if you count Black Ops). However, Activision is hell-bent on duplicating their games for the most amount of monetary gain so the point in them doing that is useless.

Firefly8000

Why don't they have a CoD in World War I or Korea for a change? They already wore out World War II (which lasted only two years and five games), and there's already been four in modern-day (five if you count Black Ops). However, Activision is hell-bent on duplicating their games for the most amount of monetary gain so the point in them doing that is useless.

Korea, I wouldn't mind, however a WWI era game would be real boring imo, not much weapon variety and I don't really think the story would be that appealing either. Also WWII lasted 6 years, in a later time period with more weapons etc. That's why it stands out when it comes to war games. I'm hoping for a Black Ops 2, as it will give us another look at the Cold War era, Korean War maybe? (unlikely if it's a direct sequel) I definitely wouldn't class Black Ops as a 'modern-day' game, I hate those with a passion. CoD4 is the only decent one.

Edited by Firefly8000

I must say that that logo look's bluntly retarded. What - are we going to be battling in f*cking space? And the name... ugh, Activision. When you rehash I guess you really do just rehash..

On a side note... I can't wait to hear more about this. Can't be worse than MW3. icon14.gif

Los Santos Pedestrian
I must say that that logo look's bluntly retarded. What - are we going to be battling in f*cking space? And the name... ugh, Activision. When you rehash I guess you really do just rehash..

On a side note... I can't wait to hear more about this. Can't be worse than MW3. icon14.gif

Yeah, Black Ops II just sounds like sh*t. This is one of the only instances where you can judge a book by its cover; I can tell this game's already in the gutter.

Apparently this is in the game as a kill streak reward.

I'm actually looking forward to this game i enjoyed the first one online more than MW3.

Finn 7 five 11

Yeah I saw that video, it will be like a more powerful Rc car.

Or a recon drone with guns.

Hopefully it is like a 6 killstreak not a pathetic 3 like the Rc car.

Finn 7 five 11
Call of duty: Black ops II? You have to be Bloody joking sad.gif

Why?

Call Of Duty is released yearly, there is three iterations of Modern Warfare, so why not more iterations of Treyarch's Black Ops?

Call of duty: Black ops II? You have to be Bloody joking  sad.gif

Why?

Call Of Duty is released yearly, there is three iterations of Modern Warfare, so why not more iterations of Treyarch's Black Ops?

I don't like that Name And I'm thinking that The Next Call of duty which is Black ops II, would be Much better in my opinion.

user posted image

Adam Jensen

Seriously guys what the f*ck did you expect? It's Activision. I'd be surprised if they didn't make Black Ops 2. They are afraid of innovating. A lot of people like CoD and a lot of people bought Black Ops. It's so obvious that Activision would simply make another Black Ops.

Don't expect any innovation from these guys. They might change the graphics when the next gen consoles hit the market but that's it.

Finn 7 five 11

Why?

I don't like that Name And I'm thinking that The Next Call of duty which is Black ops II, would be Much better in my opinion.

Dude that sentence made no sense at all, you say you don't like the Black Ops name then say you want it to be called Black ops? Whuuu!

@Vanja, yes you are absolutely correct, but it is cheap (Not money wise) fun and until i get bored of it i will keep buying treyarch's call of duty games.

Why?

Dude that sentence made no sense at all, you say you don't like the Black Ops name then say you want it to be called Black ops? Whuuu!

@Vanja, yes you are absolutely correct, but it is cheap (Not money wise) fun and until i get bored of it i will keep buying treyarch's call of duty games.

1st I don't like the Name... & 2nd the game "itself" would Be better makes Sense?

user posted image

Why?

1st I don't like the Name... & 2nd the game "itself" would Be better makes Sense?

Nope. Not really.

there prob will be 3 black ops duo to storyline example BO1 was set in 1968 BO2 would be set in 1978 & the fnal 3 in 1988/89/93 where the war ends

Damnit i HATE Activision. They should've kept their mouths shut and not have had COD released yearly back to back with Treyarch/Infinity Ward. They raped the series yet it's still making bank

If it's similar to it's predecessor and has good hit detection, hell, i might even buy it.

Definitely won't touch anything from IW though.

jqmqKlq.gif

Remember when the games used to have decent characters and stories to follow? I miss Captain Price and Captain Foley sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

John The Grudge

COD games are good value for money. The single player gameplay is very poor and old fashioned. However it's nicely presented and very theatrical (if a little silly and melodramatic) so that balances the poor gameplay somewhat. The multi-player is lots of fun and addictive for a few months but after that it's a trade-in and quickly forgotten.

I place a much higher value on a well crafted single-player game. They're keepers. I find that in the long term I get more time out of them because I enjoy revisiting them. Several CODs have been bought and traded whilst the best single-player games have remained in my collection.

COD has become a very boring prospect for me now. I can confidently say that I wont be going out of my way to buy another one.

friendly luggage

I used to think Infinity Ward made the best CoD games but their latest offering changed that.

I used to think Infinity Ward made the best CoD games but their latest offering changed that.

Well most of the people from the original Infinity Ward left. They were awesome in the beginning, they delivered excellent games but yes that has all changed..

Remember when the games used to have decent characters and stories to follow? I miss Captain Price and Captain Foley sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Since when were one dimensional stereotypes decent characters?