GTA Intro Tutorials

Slamman

You know EVERY time you start a new GTA series game, it explains how things work, when you're ill/dead, busted, How things are saved (useful) How you must have a certain weapon to shoot from a vehicle. There was a Cell phone activated tutorial in GTA IV for something, I believe specific MP events?

Either way, I get pretty bored having to cycle through those early mission tutorials, there's not all that intrusive, but the Menus should now allow you to set them for Novice players??

This gets asked every few years, I know, but most of us know the GTA routine by now! haha

For the then newly added Six Axis I assume? That I read was added 11th hour by Rockstar pre-release, and they actually did a bang-up job on it!

For the then newly added Six Axis I assume? That I read was added 11th hour by Rockstar pre-release, and they actually did a bang-up job on it!

You are correct. The XBOX had no in-phone tutorial, and i know the PS3 had a sixaxis tutorial.

I'd like to see the tutorial disable-able; replaying IV's story and having to sit though the tutorial messages is a pain.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

spiderman3000

I actually like the tutorials. It brushes me up on some of the controls and stuff that I had forgotten about.

But there should be an option to disable the tutorials because it would be a pain to go through the tutorials for some people so R* can cater to all the audiences.

Edited by spiderman3000

In GTA 3, they were NICELY animated, and oddly, as the mini-cutscenes used the actual in game maps, it messed with whatever was there, or left residual elements when you returned from the animations, For example, being Busted outside the police station, watch the elements in the roadway where the animations take place, and what the game generates in real-time

You were left waiting for this tutorial animation, but it had an interesting residual in that regard

Intro missions for GTA SA were nice as there was so much new to do. If GTA V has new things worth a tutorial, I don't think they'll make it disable-able.

But most players will choose to skip a tutorial if they can, even if they haven't played the series before. Also, the way they usualy do it, is incorporate it into the story. So how would those missions play out for non-tutorial users?

By passing a cut scene, you merely press a button, but I'd like the stories to kick off straight away, and if you're new to GTA, you could opt for the tutorial method. I can't see how to do it neatly though.