December 31, 2012 release?

zachmt123

On the GTA V page on the Gamespot website, it says the game is going to be released December 31, 2012. Do you think that this might be correct? Supposedly, R* told Gamespot about GTA V before it was announced so they might have also told them the release. I hope that's not the release date because that is a very long wait.

LINK- http://www.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-v

There's been so many similar situations of release dates 'leaked'. Retail stores, magazines, game sites..All different release dates. So, like all the others i doubt it was intended to be viewed as the real release date. smile.gif

December 31st 2012 - new years eve? It would be typical for video game websites and retailers alike to use a placeholder release date like December 31st, just like it is typical for them to use a placeholder release date for June 1st.

This is just a placeholder, in my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

UberChargedCJ

this is more like a delay but it's not true

at rockstargames.com i checked at GTA V and it's f*cking TBA

Edited by UberChargedCJ

Speculation. Just speculation. It's just a placeholder date. We don't actually know the real release date.

I think they are sure GTA V is going to be released in 2012, so they just wrote December 31 as the release date since it's the last day of the year.

The date will be confirmed only when we hear it from Rockstar. In the meantime, post in the "Guess the Release Date" topic.