No Cameo For Luis

HoweyLad

Been meaning to post for a while, apology in advance

About 2 weeks ago i asked mario d'leon (luis' voice actor) if he would be appearing in GTA V. He said to me no(if your friends with him on fb it should be on his profile somewhere) He's either telling the truth or has been sworn to secrecy but since its come from the man himself i wouldnt get your hopes up for a return of the impossible trinity !!

Damn, i hate breaking bad news...

What would Luis be doing in LS anyway? If he would have found any reason to leave LC, he would have went to VC. And that's assuming that he left. If there's any character we should expect to see, it's Jerry Kapowitz.

What would Luis be doing in LS anyway? If he would have found any reason to leave LC, he would have went to VC. And that's assuming that he left. If there's any character we should expect to see, it's Jerry Kapowitz.

Pfft, yeah exactly. OP wasted his damn time even asking.

And even if he was going to make a cameo, what makes you think he would just outright tell some random guy on the internet? Please...

caprisig.jpg

Who cares about Luis? He was the dullest out of the "Impossible Trinity" crew.

I'd prefer a Gay Tony cameo over a Luis one. I absolutely love TBOGT, but Luis was a pretty weak character

I'd prefer a Gay Tony cameo over a Luis one. I absolutely love TBOGT, but Luis was a pretty weak character

Honestly i liked Luis. I though he was cool, but even I didn't expect him to be in V. It wouldn't make any sense.

And even if he was going to make a cameo, what makes you think he would just outright tell some random guy on the internet? Please...

Which is funny because if you asked Young Maylay the same thing, he'd probably tell you he was making an appearance, even if it was a flat out lie.

Honestly i liked Luis. I though he was cool, but even I didn't expect him to be in V. It wouldn't make any sense.

Yeah it wouldn't make sense to have Luis because he wouldn't fit in the plot and all..........oh wait, we don't know the plot.

oh dear, this has ruined my whole week. thanks a lot i was really expecting luis to be in V.

dozingoff.gif

Edited by hambones

Thank God. Luis was the worst protagonist GTA has ever seen. Hope he never comes back.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

Thank God. Luis was the worst protagonist GTA has ever seen. Hope he never comes back.

Finally you say something that I agree with. Well done, Zee.

G1T

I'm expecting few, if any characters to be carried over from IV and its Episodes to GTA V. Just look at III and VC - with the exception of people who appear on the radio, the only characters they shared were Phil Cassidy (who was only in one mission in III) and Donald Love (who barely has a speaking role in VC).

But good on you for asking. I think someone else already asked Roman's voice actor, and he said he didn't know of any IV actors who were returning.

What does Mr D'Leon do with his time nowadays? Few of the voice actors from IV had done anything larger than a minor role in Law & Order before.

Anybody working on GTA V has to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Anybody not working on it is not under contract and can say they're not. Or can lie and say they are, but nobody should believe it because anybody who really is isn't allowed to say. If you're not one of the top executives at Rockstar you don't talk without permission.

What does Mr D'Leon do with his time nowadays? Few of the voice actors from IV had done anything larger than a minor role in Law & Order before.

Also Law & Order after. Rockstar does voice and motion capture in New York, so most actors in the games are New York actors and it's practically a career requirement that New York actors work on a Law & Order show since they've shot something like 900 episodes in New York for over 20 years.

I didn't know D'Leon was a stuntman on GTA SA. Too bad there's no way to know who's who when you watch motion capture in games.

Edited by Magic_Al

so anyone that says they are not could be lying and people that say they are, are lying.

lol

Which is funny because if you asked Young Maylay the same thing, he'd probably tell you he was making an appearance, even if it was a flat out lie.

You likely wouldn't get an answer. have you seen how many people Tweeted him about GTA V? he just retweeted them.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

How

Luis had very little character development in his story. His situation doesn't change. He never even experiences moving to a new safe house, which might be unique for GTA protagonists. There's nothing wrong with him, but he's probably the most under-written protagonist. His situation is contrived to be a way for the player to get to know uptown and downtown Algonquin, but it ends up being kind of shallow look at both his poor upbringing and his supposedly successful adult life because the real point of TBOGT is to play with some new toys (parachute, tank). Luis is enjoyable for people like me who can relate to being the top underling in a small organization.

How

Luis had very little character development in his story. His situation doesn't change. He never even experiences moving to a new safe house, which might be unique for GTA protagonists. There's nothing wrong with him, but he's probably the most under-written protagonist. His situation is contrived to be a way for the player to get to know uptown and downtown Algonquin, but it ends up being kind of shallow look at both his poor upbringing and his supposedly successful adult life because the real point of TBOGT is to play with some new toys (parachute, tank). Luis is enjoyable for people like me who can relate to being the top underling in a small organization.

Luis is cool protagnist to me but he seems less develop then niko and johnny, his motives in the game arent clear enough in the game, too me and others luis does not fit the role of a main character.

Edited by Gtaman_92

Luis is cool protagnist to me but he seems less develop then niko and johnny, his motives in the game arent clear enough and too me and others, luis does not fit the role of a main character.

His motive is to maintain the status quo and keep what he has. It's a reasonable motive except "what he has" is a glorified bouncer/gofer job, an apartment, a handful of incredibly shallow relationships, and little apparent ambition to improve any of this.

The Scottish Guy

This is great news. I hated the Luis character. He just came off as a really boring prick to me. And whoever did the voice for him was a terrible actor. Completely ruined TBOGT for me.

G

Luis is cool protagnist to me but he seems less develop then niko and johnny, his motives in the game arent clear enough and too me and others, luis does not fit the role of a main character.

His motive is to maintain the status quo and keep what he has. It's a reasonable motive except "what he has" is a glorified bouncer/gofer job, an apartment, a handful of incredibly shallow relationships, and little apparent ambition to improve any of this.

I see what you mean, but niko and johnnys goal in the game was reasonable and their background fits the overall theme of gta 4. Niko came from nothing, he was in the army, he served time in prison all of which left him with a destorted view of the world and he came too liberty city in hopes of leading a normal life but that only brought him back to the life of crime with all the bad circumstances. Johnny came from an outlaw gang and he threated them like family and loyalty only for billy to twist the gang around and bring them to war. Luis on the other hand is given everything from the start and he shares no rough past time or that much of an experience for anyone to feel a connection to him thus he doesnt fit the role of a gta 4 main character.

It's sad, Luis could of been a really cool character, but he seems to be really shallow.

But if you think about it, TBOGT is just to add some flavour to IV.

Off topic: Real quick. Is it just me or did the topic of the protags. age just disappear. I know topics get locked but do they also just get thrown out completely?

It's sad, Luis could of been a really cool character, but he seems to be really shallow.

But if you think about it, TBOGT is just to add some flavour to IV.

Yes, I would say that TBOGT was more fan service than anything. People were complaining about the lack of parachutes, sticky bombs, and some vehicles, and R* implemented it. Luis was okay by me but he could have been better.

caprisig.jpg

Off topic: Real quick. Is it just me or did the topic of the protags. age just disappear. I know topics get locked but do they also just get thrown out completely?

It did disappear. I posted to it and it's no longer in my profile. Wonder what happened.