Very low FPS

ripthejacker

My System specifications

intel i5 2400 3 GHz

4GB DDR3 ram

1 TB HDD

ATI Radeon 6450 2 GB DDR3

other than the card all other are more than the recommended and still i get fps = 10 at max

and 17 at min setting with shadow quality low, night shadows off and all other low .

I dont have this problem in any other game.

Pls help

That graphics card is not capable of running the game on anything but lowest settings, and even then it will be choppy. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about it seeing as the HD 6450 is one of the weakest cards of the 6000 series and wasn't really made to play newer games; rather it was intended to offer better HD playback on low budget pcs etc. The 2GB video ram aspect is merely a marketing gimmick, and it may appear that you have fallen for it. More video RAM does not always mean more performance. wink.gif

Only solutions (while you may not like them) are either to overclock or upgrade your graphics card. You won't be able to get much more performance out of overclocking your GPU, but its worth a try if you have the temp headroom.

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

reduce your draw distances (start at 5 each and work up - 10/16 = xbox 360 settings) and vehicle settings (1)

and if you are playing at resolution other than 1024x768, yes, definitely upgrade your video card

other than the card all other are more than the recommended and still i get fps = 10 at max

and 17 at min setting with shadow quality low, night shadows off and all other low .

most people with that card cant half play the game at all on low - check the forums

Edited by unc13bud

i used to live without video card

this is the first time i bought them sad.gif and its useless!!??

In that benchmark test

my processor and video ram usage is low

video ram usage about 20%

but ram usage is more than 70%

could it be a ram issue?

welcome to the world of learning, but we are here, happy to help you- and some of us like me are techs and can help you get the parts you need at the lowest prices.

... and me, OTB, mkey82, Yankees and many many more tounge.gif

You do have a very good system ... except for the videocard.

Give us a budget, your PSU model and we'll give you the help you need wink.gif

friendly luggage

If we knew what wattage your power supply was we could recommend you a graphics card. Your processor and ram are good but as others have said your graphics card is weak. If your power supply is only 350 watts and has no power connecters I would recommend the ati 5670 as it will run off the power from your motherboard. It's around £60 I believe.

(EDIT) A 2GB 6450 ruddy hell! I wouldn't mind a bit more VRAM cool.gif

Edited by illegal_luggage

If you want a good card that will give you more life out of it(if your PSU can handle it), is go for the ATI Radeon HD 6870. This would be a good budget card imo.