Shifting theme to more stealthy mission oriented t

73duster

I think GTA needs more stealth oriented gameplay. I'm not saying to completely change the mayhem aspect of the game, but throw in some stealth, with slightly more intricate objectives in completing missions. It seems like games that required more planning, sneaking and quiet assasination are things of the past, where most of today's games are focused on indiscriminately blasting everyone in your path away. I miss games like Syphon Filter and hitman. I KNOW GTA is a totally different type of game, but it would'nt hurt to impliment things that required more thinking and planning. Sneaking into a highly guarded building in order to kill a specific person without being seen, or breaking out of prison using stealth tactics, would REALLY add something different to the same old kill everyone in sight missions. Again, i'm NOT saying they should abandon GTA's entire gameplay structure, just to add something more diverse into the mix.

I'd tend to agree with this. I'd like to see the stealth element return in some form. But not to the exclusion of missions that feature a more normal approach.

I'd like to see a mix of missions that can use this. Perhaps two or three stealth only missions, one early in the game to train you and then one or two later on in the game in which you have to use it.

Then have more than a few missions which can be approached in differing ways with varying advantages either way. This way it gives the player a choice and increases replayability.

I'm all for diversity, so I agree with you. Have you played any of the Assassins Creed games? You can get a huge bowl of stealth from that game. Sorry to get side tracked, just a recommendation.

I see your point. I think it would be a good design to let players choose how to handle missions. Would you rather charge in, guns blazing or pick your enemies off one by one and they wont see it coming?