NEED HELP REGARDING RENAMING VEHICLES

sousaptak

hii friends,

i recently started modding san andreas... i m using gxt editor 1.3 to change my modded car names... i've changed many vehicle's name with it.... however now when i m checking each vehicle indivisualy some of the vehicles dont show any name when i enter it...i ve tried several times to rename them & save. but in game they stays the same....can any one tell me how to fix them ? thanks in advance..

aStiffSausage

Some symbols cause the names not to be displayed at all. And there can be multiple GXT-entrys which have the same name, so changing one won't affect in-game name.

Can you post some names that won't display right?

thnks for your quick reply bro.. i wish i could upload my gxt file here....the names are following...

CAR ID ORIGINAL NAME CUSTOM NAME

400----- landstalker -------- jeep cherokee

405--- sentinel --------- mercedes 780 LI

411 ---- infernus --------- audi r8

417 ------ leviathan -------- ch-47

419 ---- esperant -------- camaro ss

424 ---- bf injection ------- jeep

487 --- maverick ---------- explorer

517---- majestic --------- mercedes e55

541---- bullet ------------ mustang GT

548--- cargobob --------- skylift

554---- yosemite --------- dodge ram

563---- raindance ---------- ec-365

581---- bf400 ----------- suzuki hayabusa

586---- wayfarer ------------ H D fatboy

592 ---- andromeda ------- ac-130 spectre

these are the names which are not working.... when i enter these vehicles, they show up no names....

Edited by sousaptak

aStiffSausage

Hmm, they are like any GXT-entries... If you have Cleo installed, you could try this:

Create .fxt-file in "CLEO_TEXT"-folder. You can create one with notepad, while saving change the file-extension to .fxt.

Then, add there GXT-entry of the vehicle, and name after it.

You can find GXT-entry's of each vehicle from vehicles.ide:

Open vehicles.ide, and find the line of the vehicle you want to change name for.

For example, I've chosen Landstalker:

400,	landstal,  landstal,  car,  	LANDSTAL,  LANDSTK,  null,	normal,  10,	0,	0,  -1, 0.768, 0.768,	0

Sixth digit on the line is the GXT-entry, LANDSTK.

I hope this helped you enough. smile.gif

PS. You have any other .fxt-files in your CLEO-TEXT-folder? And what Cleo-mods are you using?

i ve tried cleo vehicle rename mod... but its not working so i've discarded it.....i m using cleo 4, with javelin mod,eject seat mod, radio mod, anti material rifle mod....is there any other way to fix this through gxt editor ?

Create vehicles.fxt in CLEO\CLEO_TEXT

Example:

AT400 Boeing 737 LOTELEGY BMW M3HOTKNIF Talbot Lago T26CPCJ600 Aprilia RSV4NRG500 Suzuki GSX-R600SANCHEZ Yamaha YZ250FHAYABUS Suzuki Hayabusa

First string is GXT name (sixth field from IDE cars section), the second is your own text.

thnks 2 both of u...

@ oska8

i replaced the gxt code entry with the one in the vehicle.ide as u said.. & BINGO now all of my cars showing custom names...thnks again bro... i owe u a beer....can u please give me a link for a good texured fgm javelin skin ??

@ fastman92

thnks for ur elaboration...

• 6 years later...
Pranjit Das

Hey guys, can you help me on how to change city names of GTA SA with Cleo fxt files? In the past, I was used SA GXT Editor to change car and city names,

but now I learned that GXT Editor is a malicious program so I decided to remove it. But I still want to change city names,

I already know how to change car names with cleo .fxt files, but I have no idea how to change city names with this method!

Can anyone help me? It would be better if you guys reply fast!

Thanks in advance!!

From Sanny's reference files

8SA2		// San Andreas
8SA3		// San Fierro
8SANTOS		// Los Santos

But this was the first hit in a search. City names are defined in multiple GXT... tables(?), and sometimes multiple times within the same table. Some missions load a special table.

[MAIN]

10LS		// Los Santos
10LS2		// Los Santos
10LS3		// Los Santos
10LS4		// Los Santos
10LS5		// Los Santos

BTW, I haven't messed with it much, but there's a cleo4 opcode that allows you to create and remove GXT keys without an FXT file.

Edited by OrionSR