The Missions of 'V'

grope_4_that_date

grope_4_that_date

What if...

•The first 20 missions do not involve guns.

Yes. I'm being serious. The first 15 missions of IV were awesome. I loved how it built up to the murder of Vlad. It felt much more meaningful than just killing everyone. Movies can start with a bang, but they're better if they build up to the action. Ignoring guns and focusing on other aspects of gameplay would definitely change the mood. The first 20 missions should involve more hand to hand combat (aka kicking the sh*t out of people). Plus, there are plenty of other possibilities: using melee weapons, stealing cars, running from the police, stealth, lighting fires, etc.

Over time, guns should be included. But you gotta earn them. (or use cheats)

One of my favorite missions of GTAIV.

• For some jobs, you won't replay missions because you fail them. You simply won't get paid. (In some cases, it will even effect the storyline.)

Chases (in car or on foot) will become more thrilling and meaningful. However, this would only work for some jobs- a set of 20 opportunities to make money. For example, this idea could have worked for IV's 'The Fixer' missions. (Keep in mind, there will be plenty of missions and this wouldn't affect total game time.)

If you fail to kill someone, there could be a mission where they try to kill you. (started by a random cutscene) Now, you become the hunted!

• Some missions should become their own individual stories, which may take up several in-game days to complete.

Imagine if you were stuck in a particular place, like a jail, for 10-15 missions. Your savepoint would be a jail cell and you wouldn't be able to leave the particular area. One you get out, freedom in GTA will feel like nothing you've ever felt before.

I really liked the missions in GTA4, like the kidnapping and 'interview' missions. They actually had a story to it. It felt like you were building up to something.

Locked Up Missions

A jail in GTA should allow for a variety of activities. However, I don't imagine a player having that much free time outside of missions. Nonetheless, there should at least be a courtyard, where you can lift weights to increase your muscle like San Andreas, a cafeteria, where you can increase your health, and bathrooms, showers, a library, which mostly serve as 'Easter-eggs'. Your cell would obviously serve as the savepoint.

Activities would allow for more jail time. They'd get distracted in exploring the building, which would increase the amount of time they actually spend locked up.

Mission One: Food Fight

Setting: Cafeteria.

Albert sits down at a table. The others introduce him as the old man but Al keeps his cool. Another inmate, "Big E" busts his balls. Albert snickers back a sarcastic remark, and the other inmate loses it. He calls him out and forces Albert to fight. As if it were a caged fight, the other inmates create a circle around the two. They're all cheering; the cops are screaming. It's chaos. Big E charges with a dull knife and your forced to defend yourself. "Disarm your opponent, tap B to dodge then press Y or B to disarm." Albert disarms the other inmate and sends him to the infirmary. You win the fight, but not the war.

Mission Two: Bottles Up, Bottles Down

The warden calls you in. He takes away your cafeteria time. He says "You harm anyone else, there will be more consequences!" Now, your food will be served in your cell, and the cafeteria is locked off. As you walk out of his office, one of your new friends, "Blue," grabs you and pulls you off to the side. He's been around a long time, and has connections with just about everyone. He offers you a small job: help him steal liquor from the Warden's Office. Blue's got connections with one of the janitors, who provides a key to his office, but wants nothing else to do with it.

Mission Three: Scratch My Back

Setting: Courtyard

Outside in the courtyard, another inmate walks up to you and gives you two choices. He hands you a screwdriver and tells you to do him a favor. Otherwise, he says, he's going to get his boys and they're going to do it to you. You'll have a choice.

Kill The Inmate: If you kill the inmate, you'll get 'prison money' to buy other things, mostly weapons. However, the warden will take away the courtyard, and it will be locked off.  cool.gif

Don't Kill the Inmate: You'll get beaten up, but you'll get to keep the courtyard.

Mission Four: Make Love, Not War

"Big Earl," the inmate you sent to the infirmary is finally recovered. He ass is back and wants yours. This time, he's got some friends to help. I imagine this scene to be very similar to 'the Shawshank Redemption'. Big Early surprises you down in a secluded, quiet area. He brings five of his friends, and you have to fight them all to survive. The bad news is, there's no failing or repeating this mission. There's two possible conclusions. 1.) You go back to your cell and save the game. 2.) You get beat up, blacked out, and your butt hurts.

Mission Five: You've Got a Vistor

Cutscene with someone on the outside. Reminds you of freedom.

Mission Six: The Proposal

The cafeteria is now open. While having lunch, three other inmates discuss about "break out". It's not entirely Albert's plan, but he over hears it and wants in. Eventually, he takes over and plans everything out. This is his 'one shot'.

Mission Seven: ...

Mission Eight: ...

Mission Nine: Shoplifting

You steal guard uniforms/or regular clothes from the laundry room/locker room, which you wear underneath your prison uniform. The clothes are dark and hard to see, worst case scenario, you blend in as a guard and walk right out of there.

Mission Ten: The Great Escape

Not really sure how this one would play out... but it should definitely occur at night. I think the most epic break out would be 'stealthy.' Those search lights would surely be epic. No wanted Level. Clean get away.

• Choice effects storyline, but not the "ending" or "overall" story.

My EXAMPLE on how it would work. I tried to use examples from previous games to prove I'm not stretching the boundaries.

MISSIONS: Looking for that Special Someone

Checklist 1, The Search: You have to find a JAMES PARKER.  The first cutscene tells you where he usually is during the week. His location will be located by a circle radius on the map like Red Dead. (If you don't find him, no worries!, the mission isn't over. If you get bored you can move on and have to repeat anything.)

Checklist 2, Squeezing out Information: Once you find him, he'll say "Oh sh*t!" and start running. You'll have to chase him on foot (not kill him). Then cue an epic foot chase through malls, grocery stores, etc. Oh, you can tackle people to the ground like Madden 09. wink.gif Once you tackle him, a cutscene happens. Yada, yada, yada. He tells you what you need to know and you tell your boss.

Checklist 3, Kidnapping: Your boss calls you back the next  day. He tells you to Kidnap PARKER. "I need to speak to him personally." Now, you know who the character is and where he lives. You have to go to his house and do whatever you have to do to knock him out. You can use a baseball bat and put him in the trunk of your car like RED DEAD horse kidnapping, or you can do what Johnny did to Roman, just point a gun at him and force him into the car. Then you have to bring him to your boss.

Checklist 4, The Decision: You go back to your bosses house. He's sitting on the couch and hands you the gun. He tells you to go finish him off. A notification pops up, telling you to 'leave', 'kill PARKER' or 'RESCUE PARKER, KILL YOUR BOSS'. Here's where it gets complicated.

LEAVE: If you walk out the door, your boss will say "I knew I couldn't trust you. Get the hell out of here. Tell the cops and your a dead man." You don't get paid.

Kill PARKER: If you kill PARKER, you get paid and you get one more mission from your boss.

RESCUE PARKER, KILL YOUR BOSS: If you rescue PARKER, you have to kill your boss and his boys downstairs. You cut PARKER loose like Manhunt, and you both run out of there. PARKER introduces himself again and says thank you. Now, new missions (which replaces your bosses' next missions) begins, which revolves around your actions. Someone else might come after you, let's say, or you protect PARKER a second time. He'll ask 'How much did they ask you to kill me for?" You'll tell him, and he'll say something like, "That's a lot of money. I don't have that much, but I can get some of it and discounts at MODO (or a store in the game)."

Note: Choice wouldn't happen during every mission, I just thought it was a good idea, seeing as you connect with the character PARKER.

DISCUSS OTHER POSSIBLE MISSIONS AND COMMENT ON MINE!

ROCKSTAR NEEDS TO DO MORE THAN GO HERE AND SHOOT

Edited by grope_4_that_date

Good ideas. As much as I like to run and gun, I kinda like the idea of building up to the action more. And your example was pretty good too, I liked the choices we had in IV, so it'd be cool to see them expand on it and do things like that. Plus I'd like to kill more of my bosses in GTA, something about that just always felt so satisfying. lol

I agree with you in saying that Grand Theft Auto IV's missions were so much suspenseful and that they gradually built up to the main or minor objective that a particular mission strand entails. It made the game so much more believable then its predecessors, in my opinion - and it wasn't as predictable either. Going straight into the action doesn't really make the character development very believable, in my opinion.

The use of decision making elements was interesting in Grand Theft Auto IV though I feel that there could've been more to the decision making process. I would like to see a decision that you make in the storyline have more of an effect on the outcome of the storyline. For example, having to decide between two people in terms of who should die or live - I don't want the choice to be obvious as it was in Grand Theft Auto IV as one of the characters was extremely likeable whereas the other wasn't so likeable - if such a decision is present in Grand Theft Auto V, then I would like both characters that you have to choose between to be likeable and for either decision to have its advantages and disadvantages with either decision also determining who you work for in the game for future missions. I would like for there to be multiple such decisions in Grand Theft Auto V that lead to different endings.

As for failing missions and not having to repeat them, I think that should be optional. Anotherwords, upon failing a mission, you should be given the option of being able to replay the mission from the beginning, or continuing from where you are when you fail the mission. I do like the idea though of failing missions having an effect on the storyline - and missions taken from a particular character in the game could be locked out if you fail enough missions from that character - alternate cut-scenes and such for failing missions would also be an interesting touch to the game and making it more believable.

RE9mJnf.png

What if...

•The first 20 missions do not involve guns.

Yes. I'm being serious. The first 15 missions of IV were awesome. I loved how it built up to the murder of Vlad. It felt much more meaningful than just killing everyone. Movies can start with a bang, but they're better if they build up to the action. Ignoring guns and focusing on other aspects of gameplay would definitely change the mood. The first 20 missions should involve more hand to hand combat (aka kicking the sh*t out of people). Plus, there are plenty of other possibilities: using melee weapons, stealing cars, running from the police, stealth, lighting fires, etc.

Over time, guns should be included. But you gotta earn them. (or use cheats)

• For some jobs, you won't replay missions because you fail them. You simply won't get paid. (In some cases, it will even effect the storyline.)

Chases (in car or on foot) will become more thrilling and meaningful. However, this would only work for some jobs- a set of 20 opportunities to make money. For example, this idea could have worked for IV's 'The Fixer' missions. (Keep in mind, there will be plenty of missions and this wouldn't affect total game time.)

If you fail to kill someone, there could be a mission where they try to kill you. (started by a random cutscene) Now, you become the hunted!

• Some missions should become their own individual stories, which may take up several in-game days to complete.

Imagine if you were stuck in a particular place, like a jail, for 10-15 missions. Your savepoint would be a jail cell and you wouldn't be able to leave the particular area. One you get out, freedom in GTA will feel like nothing you've ever felt before.

I really liked the missions in GTA4, like the kidnapping and 'interview' missions. They actually had a story to it. It felt like you were building up to something.

• Choice effects storyline, but not the "ending" or "overall" story.

My EXAMPLE on how it would work. I tried to use examples from previous games to prove I'm not stretching the boundaries.

MISSIONS: Looking for that Special Someone

Checklist 1, The Search: You have to find a JAMES PARKER.  The first cutscene tells you where he usually is during the week. His location will be located by a circle radius on the map like Red Dead. (If you don't find him, no worries!, the mission isn't over. If you get bored you can move on and have to repeat anything.)

Checklist 2, Squeezing out Information: Once you find him, he'll say "Oh sh*t!" and start running. You'll have to chase him on foot (not kill him). Then cue an epic foot chase through malls, grocery stores, etc. Oh, you can tackle people to the ground like Madden 09. wink.gif Once you tackle him, a cutscene happens. Yada, yada, yada. He tells you what you need to know and you tell your boss.

Checklist 3, Kidnapping: Your boss calls you back the next  day. He tells you to Kidnap PARKER. "I need to speak to him personally." Now, you know who the character is and where he lives. You have to go to his house and do whatever you have to do to knock him out. You can use a baseball bat and put him in the trunk of your car like RED DEAD horse kidnapping, or you can do what Johnny did to Roman, just point a gun at him and force him into the car. Then you have to bring him to your boss.

Checklist 4, The Decision: You go back to your bosses house. He's sitting on the couch and hands you the gun. He tells you to go finish him off. A notification pops up, telling you to 'leave', 'kill PARKER' or 'RESCUE PARKER, KILL YOUR BOSS'. Here's where it gets complicated.

LEAVE: If you walk out the door, your boss will say "I knew I couldn't trust you. Get the hell out of here. Tell the cops and your a dead man." You don't get paid.

Kill PARKER: If you kill PARKER, you get paid and you get one more mission from your boss.

RESCUE PARKER, KILL YOUR BOSS: If you rescue PARKER, you have to kill your boss and his boys downstairs. You cut PARKER loose like Manhunt, and you both run out of there. PARKER introduces himself again and says thank you. Now, new missions (which replaces your bosses' next missions) begins, which revolves around your actions. Someone else might come after you, let's say, or you protect PARKER a second time. He'll ask 'How much did they ask you to kill me for?" You'll tell him, and he'll say something like, "That's a lot of money. I don't have that much, but I can get some of it and discounts at MODO (or a store in the game)."

Note: Choice wouldn't happen during every mission, I just thought it was a good idea, seeing as you connect with the character PARKER.

DISCUSS OTHER POSSIBLE MISSIONS AND COMMENT ON MINE!

ROCKSTAR NEEDS TO DO MORE THAN GO HERE AND SHOOT

I agree with you. Game nowadays are so repetitious due to this little layout right here.

1: Cutscene

2:Kill people

3:Mission complete

And the problem is it always happens with a little story twist and what not. That is what I love about the Assassin's creed series cause it seems like there is alot of gameplay mechanics in there besides just killing guards. You learn how to steal from people and there are also like missions where you sneak around gathering information.

It seemed in that trailer earlier this month though that we are not going to be just killing guys. also Hiking and who knows what else.

As far as the part with being paid as mission's rewards, it is a nice idea but I don't know if it would the best. From a stand point of Heavy Rain that purposely made real consequences for your mistakes other than starting over but just killing off your player with no restarts besides starting over the whole game, That game was very, VERY structured in the way that GTA is not. I believe since it was a structured game it gave the developers room to make it a complex story.

I view it like this as a balance of power.

Structured world/gameplay+ Complex story= Flows well

Unstructured world+ Complex story= A big mess of a game to follow.

Not saying GTA V will be like that if so but I felt that was the way it was for L.A. Noire. I felt sooo lost at times cause so many things were going on at once.

Agreed with mostly everything, haha. Especially your first point, I thought the beginning of the game was fantastic in that the story finally had at least some "meaning" to it other than kill kill kill. It was new, every GTA game had something new which is why I pray to the lord and almighty Houser brothers before I sleep at night.

grope_4_that_date

I do like the idea though of failing missions having an effect on the storyline - and missions taken from a particular character in the game could be locked out if you fail enough missions from that character - alternate cut-scenes and such for failing missions would also be an interesting touch to the game and making it more believable.

I had the same idea. cool.gif I imagine it like this... Eventually after failing 'X' many missions, your boss would grow tired of you and stop giving you work.

"You mess this next job up, forget about coming back!" This would greatly increase the suspense of missions. On the other hand, I only see this working for a select few missions, which don't affect the overall story.

Something I also missed from San Andreas was stealth missions. I'm PRAYING they bring the "stealth" aspect back to the game!

grope_4_that_date

I love the idea about the jail, would like to do a jail break from the inside.

There's a physiological aspect to it too. It's like in San Andreas, when you were forced out of Los Santos. You were FORCED into an unfamiliar environment- lost, confused, eager to explore, and clueless of what's about to happen next. You're just along for the ride.

The best part is, I don't think anyone will hate it. In fact, I can see most players replaying the game just to be in jail again. (And there are so many possibilities!)

What if...

• A player is sent to jail for 10 missions.

Your completely stripped of the outside world. No weapons, no cars, no freedom. Your safehouse is your cell, and if you don't go back to your cell at night, the cops beat the living sh*t out of you with nightsticks.

• You are stripped of all your weapons.

You can only use your fists and melee weapons. You can buy weapons from a supplier, named "Blue", but you have to earn 'prison currency' by completing jobs on the inside. Once you earn enough, you can purchase 'custom made' weapons including: homemade knives, a screwdriver, brass knuckles and a hammer.

• You escape.

The most memorable missions of Grand Theft Auto - a prison escape. It would be the most intense and thrilling mission yet. Once you get out, the idea of an 'open world of freedom' will never be looked upon the same way. You'll know what it's like to be a criminal.

However, after 5 missions, you grow connections and buy weapons of your friend "Blue", including a knife, .

grope_4_that_date

These are just my ideas:

----------------

A jail in GTA should allow for a variety of activities. However, I don't imagine a player having that much free time outside of missions. Nonetheless, there should at least be a courtyard, where you can lift weights to increase your muscle like San Andreas, a cafeteria, where you can increase your health, and bathrooms, showers, a library, which mostly serve as 'Easter-eggs'. Your cell would obviously serve as the savepoint.

Activities would allow for more jail time. They'd get distracted in exploring the building, which would increase the amount of time they actually spend locked up.

Mission One: Food Fight

Setting: Cafeteria.

Albert sits down at a table. The others introduce him as the old man but Al keeps his cool. Another inmate, "Big E" busts his balls. Albert snickers back a sarcastic remark, and the other inmate loses it. He calls him out and forces Albert to fight. As if it were a caged fight, the other inmates create a circle around the two. They're all cheering; the cops are screaming. It's chaos. Big E charges with a dull knife and your forced to defend yourself. "Disarm your opponent, tap B to dodge then press Y or B to disarm." Albert disarms the other inmate and sends him to the infirmary. You win the fight, but not the war.

Mission Two: Bottles Up, Bottles Down

The warden calls you in. He takes away your cafeteria time. He says "You harm anyone else, there will be more consequences!" Now, your food will be served in your cell, and the cafeteria is locked off. As you walk out of his office, one of your new friends, "Blue," grabs you and pulls you off to the side. He's been around a long time, and has connections with just about everyone. He offers you a small job: help him steal liquor from the Warden's Office. Blue's got connections with one of the janitors, who provides a key to his office, but wants nothing else to do with it.

Mission Three: Scratch My Back

Setting: Courtyard

Outside in the courtyard, another inmate walks up to you and gives you two choices. He hands you a screwdriver and tells you to do him a favor. Otherwise, he says, he's going to get his boys and they're going to do it to you. You'll have a choice.

Kill The Inmate: If you kill the inmate, you'll get 'prison money' to buy other things, mostly weapons. However, the warden will take away the courtyard, and it will be locked off. cool.gif

Don't Kill the Inmate: You'll get beaten up, but you'll get to keep the courtyard.

Mission Four: Make Love, Not War

"Big Earl," the inmate you sent to the infirmary is finally recovered. He ass is back and wants yours. This time, he's got some friends to help. I imagine this scene to be very similar to 'the Shawshank Redemption'. Big Early surprises you down in a secluded, quiet area. He brings five of his friends, and you have to fight them all to survive. The bad news is, there's no failing or repeating this mission. There's two possible conclusions. 1.) You go back to your cell and save the game. 2.) You get beat up, blacked out, and your butt hurts.

Mission Five: You've Got a Vistor

Cutscene with someone on the outside. Reminds you of freedom.

Mission Six: The Proposal

The cafeteria is now open. While having lunch, three other inmates discuss about "break out". It's not entirely Albert's plan, but he over hears it and wants in. Eventually, he takes over and plans everything out. This is his 'one shot'.

Mission Seven: ...

Mission Eight: ...

Mission Nine: Shoplifting

You steal guard uniforms/or regular clothes from the laundry room/locker room, which you wear underneath your prison uniform. The clothes are dark and hard to see, worst case scenario, you blend in as a guard and walk right out of there.

Mission Ten: The Great Escape

Not really sure how this one would play out... but it should definitely occur at night. I think the most epic break out would be 'stealthy.' Those search lights would surely be epic. No wanted Level. Clean get away.

Bravo topic. Decisions make the story unique, something like a personalised story. Who knows, maybe the protag could be "Create a character -> name him/her"

You have nice ideas there, grope. Rockstar needs to expand the scope of each mission, and that's also by providing more freedom by which we can accomplish a given mission. With IV, we had these more complex interiors compared to previous GTAs, which allowed for more freedom to execute our missions, but they were very limited to a few missions, and very basic. You can almost see that Rockstar was testing something for a greater thing in the future.

Anyone who played a Hitman game, knows that you have a big set of ways to assassinate your target. You can directly or indirectly involve in an assassination. You can go from a window and assassinate your target in his room, or just wear a black disguise acting like you're one his bodyguards, or poison a meal that will be sent to him. The possibilities are almost endless in this franchise, which allowed for almost an endless re-playability value for each mission/level. I'm not saying that GTA V should have the same level of freedom, because they're different genres, but at least we need to have a very noticeable evolution in this side to an extent that most of the missions can replayed many time without getting bored of it.

An example for more freedom, you're assigned a mission by a CEO of a corporation, called Brtue, to assassinate a CEO of a competing corporation, called Maibatsu . The story of the mission happens in the time of a financial meeting at the headquarter of Maibatsu. You're in the opposite side of the main entrance of the main building. The fancy cars start to arrive in the parking, they stop and the CEO gets out of the car and enters the building alongside his bodyguards. The building has several floors with multiple interiors and entrances. How to assassinate this CEO in such a well-guarded building, security cameras are in every corner, and the bodyguards are covering the whole building, even the entrance. Let me throw the following two possibilities:

//Why not just mining the car that will take the CEO with explosives, wait for him to get out and then press the bombing trigger? good idea, but it's not an easy job. Bodyguards are around the parking, so I can't just go in there and do it without being noticed. Also, what if the CEO didn't ride the same car he came in? well then, I think I have to take out the bodyguards around the parking silently without making any alarm, and without being noticed by the security cameras. After that, I can mine not that car only, but the all cars to ensure a successful assassination.

//OK, I can just assassinate one of the bodyguards, take his disguise and act like one of them. When the CEO arrives and about to ride one of the cars, I go in the driving seat. As soon as he rides it, I run away with the car while the other bodyguards will keep chasing me. After I lose them, I just go in a silent place, take him out and that's all.

You can go on and on with the possibilities, but to a reasonable extent of course. This kind of evolution will almost make GTA V an endless experience, rather than throwing missions here and there, some of which without any meaning to the story, and more of the same in terms of the gameplay 'go there, shoot, drive back' which GTA IV is full of.

Edited by FiS!!HeR

There already a topic about missions please talk on that

Was waiting for this post and honestly don't see the need to, just leave it to the moderators if there's a problem.

Love all the ideas about the missions, especially the more hand-to-hand combat - although it will need to be improved in V smile.gif

Harwood Butch3r

There already a topic about missions please talk on that

Are you a moderator? confused.gif

The thread will stay open. Anyway I reallly enjoyed how GTA IV built itself up. I would say the missions picked up just after Vlad was killed. I hope GTA V starts off the same. I don't want to be thrown into action straight away.

grope_4_that_date

An example for more freedom, you're assigned a mission by a CEO of a corporation, called Brtue, to assassinate a CEO of a competing corporation, called Maibatsu . The story of the mission happens in the time of a financial meeting at the headquarter of Maibatsu. You're in the opposite side of the main entrance of the main building. The fancy cars start to arrive in the parking, they stop and the CEO gets out of the car and enters the building alongside his bodyguards. The building has several floors with multiple interiors and entrances. How to assassinate this CEO in such a well-guarded building, security cameras are in every corner, and the bodyguards are covering the whole building, even the entrance. Let me throw the following two possibilities:

FiS!!HeR, this is a revolutionary idea! Wow! cool.gif Let me just modify your choices to be a little more obvious to the player. The thing I like most about your idea is that a mission can flow for several stages... but where you chose to act is your choice.

Takeout or Delivery

Setup: Kill the CEO of 'Maibatsu Co.'

Here would be four possible stages to act. Where you chose to act is your choice:

•Your target is being escorted to a location. He's heavily protected by two 'dummy cars' and four motorcycles. You won't know which one is the real him. Therefore, shooting isn't really the best option, because once you do, you'll get a four star wanted level.

• You follow the target to a parking lot. The gates close behind him, you'll have to enter on foot. A notification will pop up 'Buy a suit at Perseus to blend in. You won't get in looking like that.' Now, you have a choice, you can go in like a maniac and kill everything that movies, or go buy a suit and walk in quietly. Or, sneak in with the clothes your wearing! If the guard doesn't see you, you can just walk right in the parking lot.

• The target is seen walking into the elevator. A giant "5" lights up above the elevator. You know he's on the 5th floor.  If you have suit, you can just walk in and shoot him. If you don't, you have to shoot everything that moves.

• The target is in his office. (I really think they should include Manhunt features here.) If you use a gun, you get a three star wanted level. If you use a knife or a quiet weapon, you can pick up his body and hide him under his desk. Then you just walk out of there!

As long as I don't have to deliver gas stamps or lift heavy crates for part of a mission then i'll be good.

Buffalo Soldier

Cool ideas man.

Honestly though, if Rockstar checks these forums and I'm sure they do - one thing is for sure, we need a f*cking Jail.

The amount of guys on here that want a Jail is unbelievable.

I want the first few missions to involve alot of hand to hand combat and then gradually introduce guns as you progress.

grope_4_that_date

10 missions - Inside a Jail

They can take inspiration from a wide variety of movies:

I really liked the build up in IV. If you look at movies like The Godfather, it slowly builds up. Everything slowly builds up into a storyline that pretty much creates a monster(Michael).

It really gave me a connection to the game and the storyline. I'm almost certain that Rockstar knew this was one of the things that made IV great, so I personally think they'll do something similar.

Plus, the story is about a guy who WANTS to change. So it wouldn't make sense for him to all of the sudden go back to his old ways. There needs to be a reason he goes back to crime. It would be good to se that, as the game goes along, he gets in deeper to the point where he decides to go along with it.

As for the jail thing: It would be great if they did it well. Especially if it was a really sleazy slightly out of control jail. It could also be used as a good turning point in the game. The character loses everything, family, assets, reputation. So he becomes OBSESSED with taking down whoever put him there (It would be good if he was framed). Maybe even have a few missions working for the government to earn his freedom.

I think R* is bound to use a jail at one point or other. There's so much that can be done with it.

Actually, here's my own little story...

The character is in jail for life. It's unknown at the start what he did, but he claims he's innocent. There's a few missions where he's in a jail in a South American jail. They're mostly about him, struggling to survive in the jail that's pretty much out of control.

A little way in he gets a visit from an undisclosed American agency. They tell him that he would be perfect for a job back in the US that involves taking down a criminal organisation that the government for some reason can't touch (Politically immune bad guy?).

The character reluctantly accepts and heads back to Los Santos. He takes a little while to get himself set up. Starting from the bottom to slowly make his way to the top.

After a period of time destroying the criminal organizations' operations. The main character now has enough allies and power to take on the corporation headstrong.

A few epic missions happen that involve blowing up the headquarters (It would be extremely epic to have something like that happen biggrin.gif), killing high ranking board members and finally, killing the ring leader. The protagonist then somehow double crosses the government to allow him to keep his criminal enterprise.

I think it would be cool to have a story like that biggrin.gif