Re-used GTA V map, borrowed from other games?

EUgamer

I heard that Rockstar games did a very good rendition of Los Angeles for their game Midnight club LA. Since we know, that GTA V will be based in a realisticaly recreated Los Angeles, it is possible, that MCLA map will be (maybe just partly) incorporated in GTA V. It would save them a lot of work if they recycled their previous effort and just improve it a little bit, since the whole map is going to be huge. I have never played MCLA, but maybe you did, so I was wonderig if anybody notced any similar looking places from what we saw in GTA V trailer?

I heard that Rockstar games did a very good rendition of Los Angeles for their game Midnight club LA. Since we know, that GTA V will be based in a realisticaly recreated Los Angeles, it is possible, that MCLA map will be (maybe just partly) incorporated in GTA V. It would save them a lot of work if they recycled their previous effort and just improve it a little bit, since the whole map is going to be huge. I have never played MCLA, but maybe you did, so I was wonderig if anybody notced any similar looking places from what we saw in GTA V trailer?

I own the game midnight club LA. And i must say judging from the Gta V trailer. It actually feels like they have worked from scratch. So much more detail in Gta V. I am sure they will take some things from Midnight Club LA like the general geography of the game, but it will most definitely stand alone on its own.

Midnight club LA is a great game though.

Sunrise Driver

In MCLA it's Los Angeles. In GTAV it's Los Santos. Judging from GTA4 and previous GTA games, LS won't be an accurate geographical replica to LA.

They're not reusing the map of MCLA or L.A. Noire or GTA SA. The map is designed for the kind of game it is and MCLA and L.A. Noire are different kinds of games, while GTA SA has a Los Santos that is too small for the ambition of GTA V. L.A. Noire was the only one that tried to copy the actual real-life map of a section of Los Angeles and even that is fictionalized.

What Rockstar can reuse is the location research they've done in Los Angeles for all these games. No need to send people out to photograph things that haven't changed since the last time they were photographed. They will still have done new location research but it will focus on things that are new for GTA V.

I believe that GTA V's map would be fairly different from MCLA's since it would appeal to a lot of gamers to experience new, fresh and yet unseen location. But GTA V is a big project and I just can't imagine to throw away so much well done work and start completely from scratch, especially when it would come in so handy to to continue from where they already started few years ago.

I just found out, that I am not the first one who got that idea – it was gamefarter who pointet it out a long time ago (although I was not aware of it until now). Here is his topic about it: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=493575

Although, judging from your responses and responses from other related topics, I assume that there is a very little possibility that GTA V map will seem familiar to us, when it comes out (which is actually what makes me anticipate it even more).

I would also like to thank Darrel for his observation of the trailer content, which adds more credibility to this topic.