Animation Dynamics for GTAV

johnny_zoo

While IV had a marked improvement in fluid player motions thanks to Euphoria, a while after playing it it still felt to me things could run alot smoother with the environment. E.g. The cover system was blocky and sometimes I hated staying in cover for too long because movement was limited.

Another e.g. was stopping suddenly and turning around - it took forever they need to speed that piece of physics up a bit.

Jim Jagger, as we know already, is working with Rockstar North on V and I really hope he has implemented the system which was seen in Eight Days. Take a look at the video below and try not to be amazed I dare you. tounge.gif

So do you want this type of animation in GTAV?

That would be great for GTA V with a couple of tweaks. It would make the gameplay a lot more fluid than GTA IV. In IV, it always frustrated me how sluggish your character felt.

That cover system always blows me away. Look how fluid that is. Thats way ahead of its time. Would be amazing in Gta V

I mean no disrespect, but wasn't 8 days another one of these "CGi" fake trailers that Sony threw away after she announced the PS3?

8 Days, The Getaway, that KillZone CGI.

I mean no disrespect, but wasn't 8 days another one of these "CGi" fake trailers that Sony threw away after she announced the PS3?

8 Days, The Getaway, that KillZone CGI.

Nope. All the footage of Eight Days is rendered with it's game engine. Except the Diner Trailer shown at E3 2006. I think that was CGI. Everything else though, is 100% gameplay.