GTA5 Humor

kazann

Use to have an account on this site, forgot my username + password (lolz) anyway...

been playing saints row lately (inb4 sh*t storm) and what i love about the game most (srs) is its humor, the main character is always so egotistic, pissed off and is just a general smart ass. and johnny gat is great comic relief with his dark humor, for example:

"do you know how to use a molotov"?

"Yes, Pierce, I know how to throw a f*cking bottle"

^ a line during the mission exchanged between your character and another and it just made me chuckle. GTA5 will probably still be serious with its storyline and atmosphere which is fine but I hope it'll also have a lot of dark and witty humor.

Edited by kazann

Sounds childish. Do not want

if that sounded childish then I wonder what you made of Roman Bellic's jokes

Edited by kazann

Well, aren't you a grown-up lil' lad.

I'm constantly amazed at Rockstar's fresh jokes and spoofs. Its been 9 games since III and they hit my funny bone every time since then.

Edited by buzbegone

f*ck Saints Row. Rockstar are experienced game devs, they know how to put jokes in a serious game without copying from that bullsh*t.

f*ck Saints Row. Rockstar are experienced game devs, they know how to put jokes in a serious game without copying from that bullsh*t.

I don't know why people are putting hate on the SR series. They are both for different audiences like for example, GTA is for people who like to having fun while at the same time being serious, while SR is for people who like to be wacky and silly.

Eternal Moonshine

if that sounded childish then I wonder what you made out of Roman Bellic's jokes

They were childish too but Roman was just a simple guy so you kind of expect him to act this way. Sarcastic type of humor is more annoying than funny

I don't know why people are putting hate on the SR series. They are both for different audiences like for example, GTA is for people who like to having fun while at the same time being serious, while SR is for people who like to be wacky and silly.

pretty much this, I love both gta and SR... I can sit and play SR and laugh through nearly every cutscene cause its hilarious. GTA generally has a great storyline and is also pretty funny at times.

GTA always had the humour first Saints Row just picked up on it and elaborated on it and made it ridiculous. I think R* have noticed this and have wanted to create something different to what Saints Row offers.

I can't comment on SR3 but I only chuckled once throughout the entirery of SR2. That was when my "London Geezer" accented avatar attempted to sing along to 'Take on Me' by A-Ha. That was it.

Triple Penetration

My thoughts on your comment:

First part - Yeah, that's childish...

Second part - Chuckles, giggles and grins for couple of minutes. Thanks for reminding brilliant piece of art called Roman.

user posted image

Second part - Chuckles, giggles and grins for couple of minutes. Thanks for reminding brilliant piece of art called Roman.

I guess you're not into that sort of sarcastic humor, dont see how its childish...

I guess you're not into that sort of sarcastic humor, dont see how its childish...

It doesnt sound childish to me, its pretty funny if I imagine it delivered in the right way. Rockstar have always been funny since GTA 1 back in 1998 this trend will continue.

I hope there are more jokes this time round and considering they are in LA there'll be a smörgåsbord of things to take the piss out of: biggrin.gif

-Celebrities (e.g. peds worship celebs as their gods)

-Gap between rich and poor

-Demand for oil

-Illegal immigrants (aliens shot out of cannons over the border)

-Hollywood (e.g. gov spend more money protecting the hollywood sign than its citizens)

-Politics (movie stars can run for office)

to name a few.

Edited by johnny_zoo

It doesnt sound childish to me, its pretty funny if I imagine it delivered in the right way. Rockstar have always been funny since GTA 1 back in 1998 this trend will continue.

I hope there are more jokes this time round and considering they are in LA there'll be a smörgåsbord of things to take the piss out of: biggrin.gif

-Celebrities (e.g. peds worship celebs as their gods)

-Gap between rich and poor

-Demand for oil

-Illegal immigrants (aliens shot out of cannons over the border)

-Hollywood (e.g. gov spend more money protecting the hollywood sign than its citizens)

-Politics (movie stars can run for office)

to name a few.

lmao, yea thats the spirit

ikillionaire ii

I think gta humor is always better than SR I personally think sr try a bit too hard and have less discreet jokes.

I openly enjoy SR but I like it because its ott and fun where as gta is serious but enjoyable I want SR to stay SR and gta to stay gta of course SR wouldnt have existed without San An but im enjoying 3 so far way more than I expected too I do prefer GTA but im not gunna compare these two because is enjoy both

Harwood Butch3r

GTA humor = Spy hard, Wrongfully Accused, The Naked Gun etc.

SR humor= Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, Meet The Spartans etc.

IMO

Cutter De Blanc

I hope they have some "end of the world" jokes since it's set in 2012.

I remember playing EFLC and some guy called one of the stations and was all like, "f*ck the mayans!" lol.gif

How about something to do with 69? I've seen a lot of 69 throughout GTA. For example, Area 69 and Pier 69 in GTA SA, the runways in GTA SA have 69 written on them and GTA IV has a bar called 69th Street Diner. What makes 69 funnier is the fact that it's actually my door number as well as the sex position! (no, seriously guys, my house number actually is 69!)

Edited by Ayman1337

I hope they have some "end of the world" jokes since it's set in 2012.

I remember playing EFLC and some guy called one of the stations and was all like, "f*ck the mayans!" lol.gif

I'm hoping the Epsilon program returns with some Vinewood celebrity members. Didn't Juliette Lewis's agent tell her 'The Epsilon Program' is a parody of The 'Church' of Scientology?

pretty much this, I love both gta and SR... I can sit and play SR and laugh through nearly every cutscene cause its hilarious. GTA generally has a great storyline and is also pretty funny at times.

I agree.

For instance in Gta IV, sometimes when Niko

drags somebody out of a car, he'll say funny things.

Like.. Don't do anything you'll might wanna regret.

lol

Edited by bellicfromdk

I can't comment on SR3 but I only chuckled once throughout the entirery of SR2. That was when my "London Geezer" accented avatar attempted to sing along to 'Take on Me' by A-Ha. That was it.

That was pretty funny agree.

There are some laughs to be had in Saints row , but generally its not really funny. Roman bellic was hilarious.

Just one example of roman is when takes a sip of the coffee at the beginning of the game and spits it out in a disgusted way yells "ARGH tastes like a rat shat in it!" Roman was really funny

Original Light

They should keep it the way it is now, if they had more it would be too "Saints Rowish".

To me saints row is pretty poor. I've been playing it recently and i was disappointed, it looked pretty good looking at the trailer. A real let down if you ask me. As for the humour... to me it was crap, never made me laugh. But GTA never fails to amuse me. I could play the game all day smile.gif

i think that R* should take the humor from Niko in GTA IV whilst hijacking the car, as it just amuse whenever i play IV

i always liked rockstar humor in gta games

every gta game has serious storyline, but there is always some dark humor hidden inside the gta world everywhere about the way people live today

if that sounded childish then I wonder what you made out of Roman Bellic's jokes

They were childish too but Roman was just a simple guy so you kind of expect him to act this way. Sarcastic type of humor is more annoying than funny

I hope they just drop the humor all together because its not funny at all. The way they did Red Dead Redemption was perfect.

Now Roman and brucie are the worst characters ever and as far as humor is concerned gta was never really that good.