Absence makes the heart grow.....

SCLASS

Not the most traffic friendly option for this site tounge.gif , BUT, thinking selfishly...could you not visit this site until game release ?

It was the ultimate not-licking-your-lips-after-donut challenge before IV that I guess few managed. It would make the whole experience that more of a surprise come May-Nov next year.

Conversely , like myself , do you perhaps feel that the run-up is part of the experience ?, I was more and more psyched for IV the more I read.

Finn 7 five 11

I enjoy the forum much more when i do not visit it for a while, but i am addicted to this place now, i wouldn't be able to stop visiting once in a while.

Yeah, I said I wasn't gonna visit here until the game was released but I couldn't wait. The main reason was not to have even the features spoiled for me. I wanted GTA V to be a complete surprise because I'm not sure if V is going to wow me like, say, San Andreas did. Maybe I'm just getting more older or growing out of the genre, but I don't think so, cause I crave a free-roaming crime game so bad.

i will always come on the forum before the game is released as i think that trying to unravel the mystery is all part of the fun. but as soon as the game comes out i will give the forums a miss for a few weeks, until i have at least completed the storyline. i prefer finding things out for myself in the game. after a few weeks i will re-visit the forums to see if i have found what everyone else has found.

Finn 7 five 11
Yeah, I said I wasn't gonna visit here until the game was released but I couldn't wait. The main reason was not to have even the features spoiled for me. I wanted GTA V to be a complete surprise because I'm not sure if V is going to wow me like, say, San Andreas did. Maybe I'm just getting more older or growing out of the genre, but I don't think so, cause I crave a free-roaming crime game so bad.

It is more spectacular when you are younger.

It is still great as you get older but not so awe inspiring.

Not only do i just visit the V forum, i come here for Big news regarding the world, and other random chitter chatter.

i use this site to get news and express MY OPINION but some people dont care. Oh well on there part as i will do it anyway. But when 5 comes out i might stick around for another month or so after then get bored and go inactive for a few months until i decide to mod something again... To be really truthful i forgot about GTA from august 2010-october 2011 then i came here for somereason again and stayed since.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I probably read more than I post. I like hearing what you folks found, ideas, speculation and whatnot.

I get more info here than I do elsewhere. Most of the time, this forum has the jump on

other sites, I find myself shaking my head at something on an info site that I read here a week ago.

I will likely come back after the release, just to see what people have found that I might have

missed, things like that.

Besides, I need a distraction from work.

biggrin.gif

yes like you 1975 - I like the banter, opinions etc...one of the best forums iv ever been on. It was really only a hypothetical - cant see many people holding out till release with no more info...

once i get a solid release date for game and next trailer i'll be able to leave it a while.

seconded

Couldn't agree more. icon14.gif

Could give less than two sh*ts, as long as the release date is available.

e.g. ME3 has a release date, but the previews, etc. aren't so important anymore -- same thing with Max Payne 3

If I don't at least visit this site once a day, I might forget it even exists. You see drugs have ravaged my brain and now I believe I'm a goldfish.

Edited by jamieleng

No way man, part of the reason i love GTA is talking with my fellow fans on these forums about the games and reading every bit of new info i find.

Do you remember the old days when video games had sh*tty marketing. You didn't hear much about a game until it was released. I remember when VC came out. I never researched it so all the features were presented to me for the first time in the game. When you buy a house, or go into the mall, or fly a heli with a mini gun on it. I jazzed my pants because I never expected any of it.

But when SA was released I already saw every screenshot and preview possible. I wasn't really suprised by the game even though I was thoroughly entertained. I feel that we rob ourselves of the experience when we set particular expectations depending on the content we see before hand.

I wish I had the will power to resist but I just can't. There are some things I want to know about but the rest I hope come as a suprise when I'm playing.

My two cents

ShnePmW.jpg?5

yes like you 1975 - I like the banter, opinions etc...one of the best forums iv ever been on. It was really only a hypothetical - cant see many people holding out till release with no more info...

I know. colgate.gif

I don't think I could leave until release. It doesn't ruin the experience for me

hearing info.

Yes I could, If I wanted to. But what would be the point?

Conclusion: there will be no point

My fascination with the game will be equal if I had information than if I didnt.

-an exception would be IV. the feature list sucked. killed it for me sad.gif

stupid topic

Conversely , like myself , do you perhaps feel that the run-up is part of the experience ?, I was more and more psyched for IV the more I read.

Absolutely its the best part of a new GTA release theres nothing quite like the anticipation of a new trailer and online previews, the speculation of possible maps, the camaraderie with forumers, heated debates, calling people idiots for believing fake info, and analyzing every damn theory/piece of info we can scrape from the bottom of the GTA barrel.

NO other game does this for me at least. We should really value these moments as we will not have them forever. icon14.gifwink.gif

Ever since I was a kid I've loved Games.

So, as time goes by you grow older, start learning more about what you love and life starts giving you less time to do things you love, so, in short, the forums are my way to relax a little, get my mind off the daily problems and just talk about something I really like.

I find it refreshing to see what people like in a game, what they expect and just to learn more about it.