The 'Meaning' of the V

Xayias

As we most know, GTA V is set in Los Santos (Los Angeles)

The V, is going to play a big part in the game and the money in the game so what do we know about money?

What do we know, suspect, or want to spend things on? (Ex. Houses, Cars)

Based on the trailer it seems like we will be able to buy such things as Houses form all shapes and sizes, Pets which is unknown but it would be cool to have trained a pet to fight and also Car Mods.

For the Houses I want it to feel more like a home and not just a 'Safehouse' for I believe having stuff do to there besides Saving and watching TV will give it more of a feeling that you live there.

Well that is pretty much it. So my question to you is what aspects of money will we see in the game and how will we use it and how will it influence us?

u should be able to buy hookers first of all, then u can buy cars and customize them. u should be able to hire servants too, or maids.

i agree, in gta 4 the houses were basically pointless except to save the game and change ur clothes. there was nothing else to do in there. they should play a bigger role in the next one and u should be able to customize ur house, and add secret torture chambers

StickyWickett
u should be able to buy hookers first of all, then u can buy cars and customize them. u should be able to hire servants too, or maids.

i agree, in gta 4 the houses were basically pointless except to save the game and change ur clothes. there was nothing else to do in there. they should play a bigger role in the next one and u should be able to customize ur house, and add secret torture chambers

You need a smack upside the melon.

You need a smack upside the melon.

Trust me, If I could block him from my post's I would in a heart beat.... -_-

Vegetarian Piranha

well when i heard the casting call(fake) that was code named "Rush" the first thing that came to mind was drugs, i have a good feeling that it will be a "life in the fast lane" sort of theme. lots of money, women, drugs, people etc.

i believe they'll have a few pathways affecting how the story ends, and how powerful and brutal the pursuit of the almighty dollar can become. (scarface is a great example).

Edited by Vegetarian Piranha

well when i heard the casting call(fake) that was code named "Rush" the first thing that came to mind was drugs, i have a good feeling that it will be a "life in the fast lane" sort of theme. lots of money, women, drugs, people etc.

i believe they'll have a few pathways effecting how the story ends, and how powerful and brutal the pursuit of the almighty dollar can become. (scarface is a great example).

Adding from the sacrifice part, Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that in the end the main character has to sacrifice either his dream life or his family? For the character the two go together in a way.

Vegetarian Piranha
Adding from the sacrifice part, Wouldn't it be interesting to find out that in the end the main character has to sacrifice either his dream life or his family? For the character the two go together in a way.

ive got a feeling that there will be some tough decisions to make.

for eg:

it wont ahh f*ck it ill just kill him and save him.

set up this person/gang or set up this one.

but both decisions will either have a great result the other not so great, or they can both be good or bad but there will be benefits.

ive got a feeling that there will be some tough decisions to make.

for eg:

it wont ahh f*ck it ill just kill him and save him.

set up this person/gang or set up this one.

but both decisions will either have a great result the other not so great, or they can both be good or bad but there will be benefits.

Yes, very true. I just hope R* knows what they are doing and gives me a happy ending because to be honest with you I am tired of good R* characters dying like in RDR and L.A. Noire..

I am quite excited to see what money will do for us players though. Pretty much it is tradition to enter cheats and to just buy everything of to spawn cars, but if money is such a big deal this time around maybe it won't be so easy.

Vegetarian Piranha

i havent used cheats in IV.

the death of John Marston in RDR was more of a letdown then finding out Santa Clause wasnt real (didnt want to destroy some of the little kiddies childhoods tounge.gif)

i havent used cheats in IV.

the death of John Marston in RDR was more of a letdown then finding out Santa Clause wasnt real (didnt want to destroy some of the little kiddies childhoods tounge.gif)

Haha, it is understandable.

Yeah, GTA IV didn't really 'have' any cheats...

Or fun ones atleast.

I got San Andreas a few months ago. (I know I am late) but there were ALOT of cheats that were just a blast to use haha.

And yeah.

John Marston was a hard character to let go because even though he was a Outlaw he was really innocent doing the dirty work for the agents in that game. ( I am not trying to give out hints to who we are talking about.) biggrin.gif

Pets which is unknown but it would be cool to have trained a pet to fight

If that was in the game, it would be WAY worse for R* than the Hot Coffee controversy.

If that was in the game, it would be WAY worse for R* than the Hot Coffee controversy.

The dogs don't have to 'kill' anyone. Just slow down a cop or gang member or something. Whistle for a dog and the dog is how do I say this in a non-violent manner? Gripping the cop/gang member with it's teeth and the slowing the guy down with him trying to get the dog off of him. As long as a animal doesn't get hurt, i don't think it will cause much of a stir.

The dogs don't have to 'kill' anyone. Just slow down a cop or gang member or something. Whistle for a dog and the dog is how do I say this in a non-violent manner? Gripping the cop/gang member with it's teeth and the slowing the guy down with him trying to get the dog off of him. As long as a animal doesn't get hurt, i don't think it will cause much of a stir.

In RDR you could kill and then skin a dog if you wanted to. If V has dogs they'll be kill-able almost guaranteed.

V = 5

I know, but R* them selves said that they based the game in Southern California because of the 'rich' economy there and from the looks of it, the main character is wanting to have a wealthy life and all that. Why else would the V be designed as if it was from a dollar?

Vegetarian Piranha

well the narrator says "so i bought a big house" so he may be wealthy or in fact owes money to loan sharks and banks etc.

I want cars to become permanently attached to me. So, if I take it for a drive and destroy it, it reappears in my garage. Same with weapons etc.

Edited by Zendorphin

I want cars to become permanently attached to me. So, if I take it for a drive and destroy it, it reappears in my garage. Same with weapons etc.

Yeah, I am reading alot about Car Customization but I will leave that to a thread about that. But considering you could customize a car in SA I think it is highly possible.

^Think we'll get a riches to rags to riches saga with perhaps an ending where the character decides to settle down in one of San Andreas's smaller towns/cities. Perhaps there's a minor romantic subplot with the character falling in love with a park ranger, camp director, waitress, small-town cop or whatever. And in the end he turns his back on all the material possessions and life in the big smoke to be happy and settle down in the countryside and have those kids to play ball and sit in the sun with. But then, maybe you have the option to turn your back on that relationship and be the kingpin & in that ending, the final shot of the game has the character looking out over his empire, in thought as if he's wondering whether he's made the right choice.

Off-topic but think you should check out this great Australian crime comedy/drama series about a guy trying to turn straight - mnc.tv/small-time-gangster

It will be about Greed basically. Poor envying the rich, rich wanting to become richer. How a man can break all his promises and boundaries when he sees an opportunity to get a huge bank roll and a lavish lifestyle. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...view=getnewpost

Thats what I think it is about.

For the people who complain about certain people dying in some games. Do you really want a repeat of a Disney ending again & again?

BaldadigeAnton

The V means "five". Just like IV meant "four". However Rockstar doesn't want to be mixed up with the bad tv-series "V" (also "Grand Theft Auto Vee" sounds stupid). So in order to prevent being mixed up for "Grand Theft Auto Vee" they placed a banner calling it "Five", so people will instantly read "Grand Theft Auto Five" instead of "Grand Theft Auto Vee". With GTA III and GTA IV this was not a problem because you don't call it "Grand Theft Auto aye aye aye/aye vee".

So "V" or "Five" just means the fifth GTA in the series. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by BaldadigeAnton

The V means "five". Just like IV meant "four". However Rockstar doesn't want to be mixed up with the bad tv-series "V". So in order to prevent being mixed up for "Grand Theft Auto Vee" they placed a banner calling it "Five", so people will instantly read "Grand Theft Auto Five" instead of "Grand Theft Auto Vee". With GTA III and GTA IV this was not a problem because you don't call it "Grand Theft Auto aye aye aye/aye vee".

So "V" or "Five" just means the fifth GTA in the series. Nothing more, nothing less.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great post !

people still dont know what (V) stands for

iii =3

iv =4

v = 5

not money or 5 protagonist LOL

G1T