How do i make a building.

ccrogers15

Im working on a new world trade center mod for GTA 3 and i want to design the new WTC1 tower (aka freedom tower).

I want the game more modern so i wanna place the new towers in. Is it possible to make a model and randomly import the model into game?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Lol. So much for your awesome building you already made and that crashes the game 10% of the time. turn.gif

Make the building and export it from your modelling program as a DFF. Import it into Zmodeler 1 or 3ds Max (or skip this if you made it in one of these) and then export it as a GTA 3 dff. Add this dff and its corresponding txd to the gta.img file and rebuild it. Make an ide line for it in the correct zone (comse, I believe) and then give it a line in the same zone's ipl file. Make sure to give it a collision file and add this collision file to the zone's .col file.

pkmTc.gif

Lol. So much for your awesome building you already made and that crashes the game 10% of the time. turn.gif

Make the building and export it from your modelling program as a DFF. Import it into Zmodeler 1 or 3ds Max (or skip this if you made it in one of these) and then export it as a GTA 3 dff. Add this dff and its corresponding txd to the gta.img file and rebuild it. Make an ide line for it in the correct zone (comse, I believe) and then give it a line in the same zone's ipl file. Make sure to give it a collision file and add this collision file to the zone's .col file.

lol the building is the lips building and i used map editior for that. I want to create a CUSTOM one, not a pre made. All i did for my mod before was add 2 lips towers on top of the current.

Too bad there is not a program that can do it for you lol. Im having a total brain coocoo moment now...

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Make the building from scratch in a modelling program and follow the steps...

Modding requires work, not sitting back while a program does it all for you.

You might be able to find a Sketchup premade model. If you can get the author's permission you can convert it to GTA 3.

pkmTc.gif

Make the building from scratch in a modelling program and follow the steps...

Modding requires work, not sitting back while a program does it all for you.

You might be able to find a Sketchup premade model. If you can get the author's permission you can convert it to GTA 3.

Thanks for the help. I will write in here again if i need further help.