Things GTA 5 can learn from other games

deli2000

The Sneaking System from Skyrim:

user posted image

Basically if you crouch down, you automatically start sneaking and a reticule eye thing pops up in the center of the screen saying if you are hidden or you've been detected, if you are hidden it is just a line, and gradually it turns into a full eye. The more you move and make noise, the more chance you can be detected.

Now for GTA 5 we could take this a step further, have a detection meter for each person above their heads. This system allows for true stealth and sneaking. Also this could be used for many other things, such as assasination and pickpocketing

Which leads me nicely too...

The Inventory System from RDR/Skyrim

user posted image

user posted image

"Nonsense!" you say. "How Could This Possibly Fit in GTA?" Well for one thing it could be used for consumables. Food and Drink to increase Health, Stamina, Speed and more. Bottles of Alcohol to get you drunk Cigarettes for... well, just beacuse. And even illegal drugs to get you high. Secondly, misc items like thermal vision, binoculars and other random stuff could be placed in here. Think of the possibilities!

Gameplay elements from Max Payne 3:

user posted image

NO, not bullet time. But the animations and gunplay of this game are fantastic.

!. Seriously

So, what things from other games do YOU want in GTA 5?

MOVING STEERING WHEEL AND GEARBOX in cars...

Moving trigger in weapons and other parts what must be animated.

BTW better Shells too

GTA can learn things from other games BUT it would need to properly tweaked for it to be any fun.

Lets say for example, sneaking.

Now, for that to work we would need to have a entire new "call the cops" system.

The system would need to calculate who saw what, what are the chances someone in a building saw what you did, the random chance of this or that person not calling the cops and so on.

And, we would need to have a tweaking of the firefights difficulty and so on and on, so the player would think about trying to kill someone silently. And etc...

But as far as what I want.

- I want the car customization system that Need for Speed Underground 2 had.

- A weapons customization system + Human Shields (Hitman Blood Money, Metal Gear Solid 3)

- A Heat meter and FUN things associated with it (having to do missions to lower your heat instead of simply bribing people) - Scarface

A good sneaking system would be great. I don't know why I haven't seen any open world games utilize this more. I don't know how many people here have played Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with the snow mission where the dogs attack you? That mission requires you to be incredibly stealthy.

I think it would add a whole new element to a game like GTA if you could escape the police by hiding behind a wall while they are chasing you. It was so annoying in GTA IV that you couldn't hide anywhere without being found, even if they didn't know where you were. If this can be fixed it would be amazing!

We want GTA, not a Skyrim / Max Payne hybrid. GTFO.

He said he wanted some improvements from these games... not to be exact.

zeppelincheetah

They don't need to learn sh*t from other games.

Rockstar North knows how to do stealth, they've had meters exactly like the one shown in the skyrim clip in missions before where you follow cars and they also made a stealth game.... Manhunt.

Rockstar North co-developed RDR so they could incorporate a more robust inventory system but that seems very un GTA

As for Max Payne 3 ... dozingoff.gif

I don't mean to sound rude, but it's almost a no-brainer that Rockstar's games would incorporate things from their previous games, including improved gunplay and movements etc.

Things GTA 5 can learn from other games?

Well absolutely nothing there doing great things aswe can see in the trailer + there track record from all GTA's ,

BUT only 1 thing PC same time release then all is sik.... mercie_blink.gifcry.gif

I want them to implement:

Rollerblade physics from Hello Kitty: roller adventure

AI from Lemmings

gun physics from commander keen 4

Sorry its bull to say they can't or shouldn't be learning things from other games. I love GTA but they haven't come close to unlocking its potential yet, while they do many great things with the franchise theres tons of stuff they can be doing a hell of a lot better.

It's a game that revolves around earning money by doing jobs yet theres zero to spend it on. in GTA IV you have little to do after the story is completed. They create brilliant cities (with the last liberty city being a masterpiece) but you speak to a few dozen people over the course of the game in total.

They have everything in place now to make games to definite the industry again like they did with 3. I loved IV and the great characters and city in that game but they absolutely need to move things forward from here.

Anyone that thinks GTA have reached it's full potential should go out, take a few breaths, and re-think. GTA is not superior in any sense. It's all about taste. Let's not make this into a fanboy war. GTA can learn a lot from other games. The most important thing is that rockstar LEARN - not copy, which they probably never will do anyway.

What we dont want in gta:

- DLC maps

- Loads of overpriced DLCs

- Perks

- Autohealing

GTA V should not learn anything from other games, but other games should learn a lot from V when it's out. Rokstar are the best company for video games.

We want GTA, not a Skyrim / Max Payne hybrid. GTFO.

PREACH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!

The spam ends now, last warning.

They're not going to make games like LA noire, RDR, Max Mayne, invent great things in game that work so well. Then start developing the next installment in their biggest franchise, and one of the biggest out there, and not include any of the things tht work so well in the smaller releases. We have to give R* that credit at least, they are educated you know haha.

They could learn a lot from their own previous games.

- Such as the expanding on the awesome brutal mele combat of the warriors

Or the awesome wilderness of Red dead redemption (which i think they have learned a lot from for gta V)

- Details in cars from Midnight club LA, such as the convertible top going down in the trailer. Although may only be seen in a cutscene

- Unique NPC's from Bully with their own personalities and qualities.