Harder Storyline / Side Missions?

Miro

Hey all.

First off everything, if a topic like this exists already, please just go ahead and lock it, but after my searching I haven't found anything about GTA V related to this subjects, so here.

Anyway, don't you guys think that the GTA IV missions were just too easy? I mean, things such like following someone and killing him is a such boring storyline, if you ask me. I don't say that there weren't some interesting missions, but after a while it all seemed to be repetitive. This is just my honest opinion, no one has to agree with me.

I've found San Andreas one of the most challenging and interesting GTA at storyline missions and their difficulties. So much flying helps you in any GTA not just San Andreas. Don't you want challenging missions such like maybe Freefall? I mean, that mission is so original and although it's very hard at first, usually if you get the hang of how to fly it's a piece of cake.

Do you also remember the dancing missions? The Low-Rider missions? All those Tournaments? The Schools, the Quarry and what not. Things like collecting horseshoes, oysters, tags or snapshots we're pretty annoying and boring, I think, but all the rest was pretty cool. I mean, it all made sense. Once you learn how to fly, you unlock flying missions. Flying the Hydra... can you remember?

So, what I'm meaning with all this is, should GTA V have hard missions like San Andreas or even harder? What's you opinion?

Dead (Retired)

Snake Without a Tongue

I wish there was a difficulty setting. Like a three shot and you're dead thing.

I'm not really into dense gameplay, though. Until AI gets a kick in the pants all games will either be too easy or too frustrating.

I think it worked well with GTA IV. The new age of blockbuster video games has called for easier levels to keep up momentum and with the action packed story of IV it worked well.

Rather than harder missions, more drawn out missions which could be taken to in a sort of side missions style would be good. Sort of like the drawn out process of making process in LA Noire.

Hey all.

First off everything, if a topic like this exists already, please just go ahead and lock it, but after my searching I haven't found anything about GTA V related to this subjects, so here.

Anyway, don't you guys think that the GTA IV missions were just too easy? I mean, things such like following someone and killing him is a such boring storyline, if you ask me. I don't say that there weren't some interesting missions, but after a while it all seemed to be repetitive. This is just my honest opinion, no one has to agree with me.

I've found San Andreas one of the most challenging and interesting GTA at storyline missions and their difficulties. So much flying helps you in any GTA not just San Andreas. Don't you want challenging missions such like maybe Freefall? I mean, that mission is so original and although it's very hard at first, usually if you get the hang of how to fly it's a piece of cake.

Do you also remember the dancing missions? The Low-Rider missions? All those Tournaments? The Schools, the Quarry and what not. Things like collecting horseshoes, oysters, tags or snapshots we're pretty annoying and boring, I think, but all the rest was pretty cool. I mean, it all made sense. Once you learn how to fly, you unlock flying missions. Flying the Hydra... can you remember?

So, what I'm meaning with all this is, should GTA V have hard missions like San Andreas or even harder? What's you opinion?

OMG yes GTA IV was very easy to beat SA on the other hand speically the airplane toy missions where the hardsest for me SA was a very challenging game that's what made it so fun trying to beat the missions in order to get a new island or to another set of missions I hope GTA V will be more of a challenge. icon14.gif

Hey all.

Your post reeks of nostalgia.

Do you remember?

Yeah, I remember all those things and they fit that type of game. How it would translate to V is another story. I'd wait til I see more evidence/pics/videos before wanting things back.

No way.

Learning to Fly completely ruined San Andreas.

For you maybe. Flying school, and flying in general was lots of fun for me.

I hope they don't cut out challenging things just to make the game more newbie-friendly

It all depends on which platform you play both games. If you play on console, San Andreas is the easiest of the main GTAs, then come IV, VC and III. No wonder you have a tough time beating Zero's mission if you pilot with a keyboard or a mouse, but on PS2 those missions were very easy to beat.

About that, how is that that they f*cked up so bad with the flying controls on PC while they had done a good job on the PS2 version?

To be honest every GTA has presented me with at least one mission where I used a cheat code to get through. I get too addicted to the story replay over the same mission 25 times in a row.

Maybe I don't have the mad skillz others do dontgetit.gif

I personally think that the difficulty for Grand Theft Auto should start off easy, then as you progress through the storyline, the missions and the game get harder like it is with most games out there. The AI of course; especially for police and gangs, needs a boost to make this possible, though without making it frustrating as I am sure that an individual would get bored of just shooting up a hundred gang members or police officers, without them giving any real challenge to the player. I prefer games to be a challenge as they keep you playing for a longer period of time, but as already mentioned - crappy AI can make a hard game more frustrating then enjoyable.

I don't like the idea of having a setting to change the difficulty in the game. It hasn't been done before in the Grand Theft Auto series, so I don't see why they should start including such a setting now, in my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

Though I thought IV was particularly easy at times, I wouldn't want the missions much harder than that. Freefall in SA made me want to put the game down and quit. And Learning to Fly did, for a little while at least. No, I do not ever want another mission like Freefall, or Wrong Side of the Tracks. And please, keep RC missions out of GTA. I don't get any thrill out of failing the same mission 25 times. If there's going to be very hard missions, how about a difficulty system. Just because it's easy for you doesn't make it easy.

monkeystrummer

I dont think you would need to make the game harder, as such. I think there should be more variety to the types of missions you do. When you compare the bank heist mission to some of the later missions there is a kind of anti climax. The bank heist was not particularly difficult but it was more multifaceted than a lot of the later missions. I think some of the missions should be a lot longer with check points perhaps. They need to be more intricate and perhaps have multiple ways of doing them. Side missions could be more linear, but they need to be more numerable. I don't know how other people think, but I found GTA IV seemed kinda empty sad.gif the third island did not seem to have much happening there for example, there were no clothes shops for example and the side missions where you meet the strangers... i liked the idea, but they didn't nail it like they did with RDR. I think they will this time around tho!

CapitolLimited

They should add Easy, Normal, and Hard modes. It wouldn't make sense for gangs or cops to get progressively smarter. But the later missions should be more intense. Rather than you coming into contact with the Russian Mafia after the first few missions, maybe just have you take care of the neighborhood drug dealer or something.