A Guestbook?

Fidzy

I'm not sure if it's possible with a pre-made forum software but I guess a coder could try implement it in. I was browsing a few user profiles and it takes time to PM them a few words, so why not add a guestbook?

Look at the blank spot here:

user posted image

We don't really need walls or guestbooks (whatever you want to call them) to write on. If you want to talk to someone, just send them a PM. It really does not take that long to do. Plus the forum can't handle any more modifications.

Yeah, there's nothing that can't be said in a PM that can only be said in a Guestbook. It opens up worlds of abuse. Can you imagine some of hassle more disliked members would get because of it? And the amount of spam? Clearing it up would become a chore, especially for a forum this large.

It should be noted too that while it may be a huge space on your profile, many members fill their interest/respect boxes with quotes and other such like, so it would horribly throw things off balance and mean they have to scroll right down to see what such-and-such said.

Why is it always the people that just joined who want to change everything?

FYI, I've been a member of GTAGarage since it had a seperate DB. Just forgot my name XD

SlickSpencer8
Why is it always the people that just joined who want to change everything?

They are just trying to help. bored.gif

What's so bad about that? Your making sound like it's a bad thing.

You're the one that took it as a bad thing.

I just find it funny when someone joins and immediately asks for unnecessary things to be added.

38773_s.gif

You're the one that took it as a bad thing.

I just find it funny when someone joins and immediately asks for unnecessary things to be added.

Oh sorry, should I leave? -.- First troll already

How is that trolling?

I honestly fail to see your logic.

Yours was only one of many topics I'm referring to, I was merely commenting on how it seems to be a strange trend.

Did I somehow insult you?

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

If you actually fill out your user profile a little more then you don't actually get that blank space. Guestbooks only create more problems for those in charge of keeping the forums clean.

DU8afL0.jpg

If you actually fill out your user profile a little more then you don't actually get that blank space. Guestbooks only create more problems for those in charge of keeping the forums clean.

Yea it was on someone's profile, but their awards overlapped the left tables tounge.gif

and harassment issues.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

The last time I was on a website with a guestbook was on Geocities in like 1998. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Temperr, but it isn't very logical here.

usZpdN9.png