Improved Waypoint.

ajcr

Something came to mind when I was using Maps on my iPhone the other day, I thought about how good it would be if in the next GTA they have something similar to what Maps can do. With it being set in 2012 and the assumption that they'd use modern smart phones i thought there may be a way that they could incorporate alternative routes to where you want to go when you use Waypoint.

Being able to use trains effectively, in my opinion, would be a very cool feature. I don't know about any of you but trains have always been kinda wasted on me, I've never known where each stop actually goes on the map. I guess if I were to google it or become very familiar with the game id know but it'd be good if there was something right in the game that told me instead.

Also, there is never a clear route if you're on foot and using waypoint, so maybe again they could give us routes we can take by foot if need be.

The mobile phone in V will most likely blow the IV version out the window, and you have some good ideas right there.

Public transport is a cool feature to have, and hopefully V will have buses as well as trains. To have an easy-to-use guide in your phone would be great and could perhaps make us use those forms of transport more often.

They could give you an option when setting a Waypoint, these would be:

Vehicle (Ground):

-Legal (Legal routes, how it is in GTA IV)

-Fastest (Ignoring laws, going through shortcuts, jumps etc..)

-Concealed (Avoiding main roads, perfect if your keeping a low profile from the cops)

On-foot:

-Legal (Simply going by the pedestrian paths)

-Fastest (Hopping fences, and ignoring laws)

-Concealed (Avoiding open areas, going through alleys etc..)

What do you think? rolleyes.gif

Sargent Slaughter
They could give you an option when setting a Waypoint, these would be:

Vehicle (Ground):

-Legal (Legal routes, how it is in GTA IV)

-Fastest (Ignoring laws, going through shortcuts, jumps etc..)

-Concealed (Avoiding main roads, perfect if your keeping a low profile from the cops)

On-foot:

-Legal (Simply going by the pedestrian paths)

-Fastest (Hopping fences, and ignoring laws)

-Concealed (Avoiding open areas, going through alleys etc..)

What do you think? rolleyes.gif

Leaves nothing to the player..

We should all be able to navigate to an extent, i mean, having satellite navigation is enough help to me.

How many tom-toms do you know that map out back streets for evading police?

its fairly simple to go in the general direction avoiding roads, adding in more routes would over-complicate it to me.

When you get on a train, a map should come up and you should select where you want to get off, In IV i had no idea where the train stations were or which was which.

Toll booths should be scrapped. f*ck waiting for 4 cars that take a shambolic amount of time to go through.

On topic: The police on the map should be shown at all times when wanted and not "pop in" a street ahead when you are near escaping! Either shown w/ no annoying pop-ins and no continual stream of squad cars one after another, or not shown on the map at all..

I could see them using an iPhone as the updated phone for the protag, and even further the phone could take the place of the pause menu, similar to the PipBoy in FO3. You pause and bring up your phone, you got an application for the map, bus/train route schedules, a different application for your stats, etc. It'd make the interface a little more seamless is all. Actually now that I think of it isn't that sort of what they did in Chinatown Wars? It's been so long since I played, but I remember it had a PDA you could poke around with.