Jetpack

MG3

Big_Mitch_Baker

Personally I thought the jetpack was kinda retarded in San Andreas...too over the top, even for that game.

But I'll probably be the only nay sayer...

Personally I thought the jetpack was kinda retarded in San Andreas...too over the top, even for that game.

Agreed. I want it in GTAV.

31805323.png

I would love if a jetpack was included in some form. Honestly, I don't give a damn if it doesn't fit with the realism. If that's really a problem, then just have the jetpack be completely absent from the plot and make it the ultimate reward for 100% completion or something like that.

But I'll probably be the only nay sayer...

To me, I thought it 'jumped the shark' at "Green Goo"

user posted image

yeah the jetpack would be awesome! and if you could shoot the canisters so it starts to spin around and go crazy!

Please, a 50 year old flying on a jetpack ? sounds like a comedy .

Not really, there are videos in YT with a 80 years old man with a jetpack...

Btw the Glenn Martin jetpack designer is too old and he fly everyday on his jetpack.

John The Grudge

A jet pack would be cool. I'd want it to be realistic though. By that I mean it would only have about 30 seconds worth of fuel. I don't know how they'd work that in the game though.

Where the hell would you get a jetpack in Los Santos???

Remember, in SA the jetpack was near Las venturas, a place far away from LS if taken realisticly. I don't think you would find one there.(I believe the R*s statement that its gonna be only LS).

Nothing wrong with the concept, but I think it should be nerfed a bit. Limited flight time might be a good idea for that thing.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

John The Grudge
Where the hell would you get a jetpack in Los Santos???

Remember, in SA the jetpack was near Las venturas, a place far away from LS if taken realisticly. I don't think you would find one there.(I believe the R*s statement that its gonna be only LS).

Perhaps at a film studio lot or something.

monkeystrummer

For sure it should be in there! - What is this obsession with 'reality' - You don't want games to become so realistic that they become dull like, well reality!! Everyone knows the best things are non reality based like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Beatle's Sgt Peppers album and the story of Jesus!

Jetpacks, IRL, are crap. If you're going to put one in the game, why not an unrealistic a.k.a. functional one? Given how ridiculous GTA is already, and how poor all semblances of realism in GTA IV were, they can afford to delve into silly territory again. As suggested by someone above, leave it out of the main storyline, and have it as an end-of-game reward. Everyone wins.

If you say you wouldn't use it, or wouldn't have a shed-load of fun using it, well - I simply don't believe you.

31805323.png

Make it a 13 second flight time like in real life and it would be ok. Like a reverse parachute for escaping a hairy situation on the ground or getting to a building top.

No flying all over the map, jet pack becomes a crutch.

Obviously it won't fit the story in any way I think. But as said, 100% completion reward or through cheat codes when we wanna be the flying death. lol.gif I don't know how it will perform considering the realistic physics. Just for the sake of fun and nostalgia: YES!! smile.gif

I agree that jetpacks should return, as a cheat or even a completion reward. In my opinion it would add fun and diversity to the game.

Also: Games are SUPPOSED to be unrealistic. They are tools so you can escape your own life, and do things you couldn't normally!

Jetpack should be in V.

Jetpack is a lot of fun in SA, just exploring the cities and shooting at the people.

If you don't like jetpack, go eat sh*t, then or play GTAIV.

G1T

It could easily fit the story, just throw in a mad scientist. I'd love to see some of the more crazy stuff return.

It could easily fit the story, just throw in a mad scientist. I'd love to see some of the more crazy stuff return.

Thats possible. smile.gif But, after the trailer, I felt that the story is much more practical and not the funny one like SA. So I guess there won't be any mad scientist or any presence of the jetpack in the story. I won't mind if I turn out to be wrong though. biggrin.gif

Yeah, agreed.

Mad scientists would be nice in V.

Realistic is not always good, look for example to SA.

You had to do a mission by some death high hippie and you must goto area 69 to steal that secret thing.

That secret thing is supposed to be very secret, it's a Green Goo lol

G1T

In the area 69 it was the jetpack, wasn't it?? I stole the GREEN GOO from a train full of soldiers high on alien sh*t. lol.gif

In the area 69 it was the jetpack, wasn't it?? I stole the GREEN GOO from a train full of soldiers high on alien sh*t. lol.gif

Ah yeah, I remember, I got it wrong.

But still, really funny sh*t lol.gif

Green Goo stealing it from the train and jetpack stealing it in Area 69.

Both are the missions we had to do for some hippie punk lol

Screw the realism.

G1T

The Jetpack, if I'm correct, was technology found or discovered nearby Area 51 which presumably wont be in the game this time.

People may say the Jetpack was retarded but I thought it was fun. It was a little out of place but you didn't have to use it if you didn't want to for the most part.

Also, it added to hype/conspiracy/aura of Area 51 and the technologies surrounding Area 51. Were people seeing UFO's/Flying saucers or was it a crazy Grove St balla flying around with stolen government technology!?!?

turn.gif