Max Payne 3 as a marketing tool for GTA V ?

Tilemaxx

People are speculating about the release of GTA V since Oct. 25th. I've heard many saying that "it won't came out at May, it will hurt Max Payne's sales". Is it truth? I believe not. Actually, a 2 month launch ahead of Max Payne 3 will actually boost MP sales. How?

It's simple.

Rockstar could use MP like Epic used Bulletstorm for promoting Gears 3. For example, if we pre-order Max Payne 3 from specific retailers, it will feature exclusive GTA V content, screens, and possibly a new trailer.

But as R* is known to reject those "cheap" marketing methods, a May GTA V release can still be possible if we take in mind that an upcoming GTA release right after Max Payne will actually lead to a huge boost in MP's sales.

What do you think?

Edited by Tilemaxx

If it was released a few weeks after MP3 it'd hurt MP3's sales, but 2-3 months? Nah, not really.

I think it's the other way around. GTA's marketing campaign will probably boost Max Payne 3's sales. First MP3 trailer increased with about 100.000 views on youtube when the GTA V trailer was released.

user posted image

If GTA V was released BEFORE Max Payne... Rockstar can put a card with ''Max Payne 3 Coming Soon'' in every copy of GTA V. tounge2.gif Just like they did with red dead redemption.

That would increase the attention for MP3.

Sunrise Driver

2 months before GTA 5 won't hurt Max Payne 3. Especially when Max Payne is a well-known title.

It's the same sh*t as "simulteneous PC release will hurt console sales dramatically".

• 1 month later...

Could be possible. Would be a smart marketing move if you think about it.

teehee.

Edited by GTA-King

kSTG7.png

[O]tter[ba]nned Oct 8, 2013, for 91 days.

Whatever it is they're doing, R* probably and ultimately want both games to act as a promoting tool for each other.

G1T

They better do it.sh*t,they better do SOMETHING about V. ANYTHING,really.It's been months whitout even so much as a reference to the damn game. They're acting like it doesn't exist,wich doesn't piss me off, but makes me impatient.

Rockstar could use MP like Epic used Bulletstorm for promoting Gears 3. For example, if we pre-order Max Payne 3 from specific retailers, it will feature exclusive GTA V content, screens, and possibly a new trailer.

What do you think?

I think R* might have an invitation code for GTA V online multiplayer beta when you buy a copy of MP3!!! How about them apples!

Mr Bubbleguts

THIS IS BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had anything from MP3 since November!!!! How are they gonna sell units without information and videos. R* being real sloppy and falling behind, the game comes out in March for christ sakes / end rant.

G1T

THIS IS BULLS**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't had anything from MP3 since November!!!! How are they gonna sell units without information and videos. R* being real sloppy and falling behind, the game comes out in March for christ sakes / end rant.

Maybe MP3 will get a delay to push out GTA V instead?

I cant see MP being a marketing tool for GTA, I think GTA is probably a marketing tool for MP3.

Release a teaser video for GTA get loads of interest, get people signed up to mailing lists/fb and then bombard them with MP3 info until they think - hmm no info on GTA maybe ill buy MP3.... then BAM month later full info on GTA5.

Well thats what id do, I mean most people havent even heard of MP but even my dad has hear of GTA...

Maybe MP3 will get a delay to push out GTA V instead?

Doubtful. That would take wit, which they are lacking.

G1T

Exactly bro. R* is real sh*tty on releasing details, who ever got a degree in marketing at that place should throw that sh*t in a trash.

grope_4_that_date

I think it's the other way around. GTA's marketing campaign will probably boost Max Payne 3's sales.

Exactly. Rockstar wants more advertisement for MP3. They want more people to come to their website. Hmm... what's a good way to do this? biggrin.gif

A: Release GTA5's debut trailer online!

Exactly bro. R* is real sh*tty on releasing details, who ever got a degree in marketing at that place should throw that sh*t in a trash.

Yup. I'm glad you are all noticing this too. icon14.gif

G1T

Sunrise Driver

Some screenshots and info came out in Dec and Jan.

Mr Bubbleguts

I don't want any damn screenshots and what info are you talking about? I want videos, I want multiplayer videos. The typical R* marketing before a freaking game comes out. We have 2 videos and the game is coming out in March WTF is that?

G1T

I don't want any damn screenshots and what info are you talking about? I want videos, I want multiplayer videos. The typical R* marketing before a freaking game comes out. We have 2 videos and the game is coming out in March WTF is that?

To be fair, March is 3 months away, thats quarter of a year.

Good things come to those who wait.

Has anybody heard about the second design and technology trailer coming out? They have four more trailer to release before release date of MP3 from what I understand.

Mr Bubbleguts
Has anybody heard about the second design and technology trailer coming out? They have four more trailer to release before release date of MP3 from what I understand.

Exactly my point. Look out for the next video in the series blah blah f"n blah blah, I'm not waiting 3 months for a new video in a damn series. /end rant and exit forums lol

G1T

Exactly my point. Look out for the next video in the series blah blah f"n blah blah, I'm not waiting 3 months for a new video in a damn series. /end rant and exit forums lol

I don't get your point. The only thing that makes you want to buy the game is the trailers?

I don't get your point. The only thing that makes you want to buy the game is the trailers?

Damn right it is. That is how I know what it will look like.

G1T

This is only a guess, but with the Special Edition pre-order ending on Sunday, and the Take-Two financial report on 2nd Feb, we might get a trailer in the next two weeks (if so, it should be announced next week) and (I hope) a specific release date.

This kinda throws me for a loop... Watching a trailer does usually play a big part in a purchase.

Zee, I mean Joan, the fullest marketing campain of MP3 has not yet begun so your impatience is unnecessary.

Zee, I mean Joan, the fullest marketing campain of MP3 has not yet begun so your impatience is unnecessary.

Well, they need to get this thing rolling because three months is not that much time.

G1T

Cole Phelps Gta

why do you guys keep saying 3 months ? It's like a month and a half till march . The game should be set to realise once march rolls around. What are you going to do ?

cram a sh*tload of info in a two week period that would be overkill imo. better of realising info in small doses rather than a heap at the last minute

#HEEL

You're too cowardly to even take the heat for it from the people you troll, instead running to the moderators wasting our time with sh*t you started. GTFO.

#BANHAMMER

why do you guys keep saying 3 months ? It's like a month and a half till march . The game should be set to realise once march rolls around. What are you going to do ?

cram a sh*tload of info in a two week period that would be overkill imo. better of realising info in small doses rather than a heap at the last minute

Exactly. But I think they are just not going to release any more info until the games release date. They think that staying silent is just an ingenious plan that they have created and they are going to use it for GTA V too.

G1T

You are proof that it is working, they always do this and people always complain about it, but because of that you're now talking about Max Payne on GTAForums. This means you've spread the word, so more people know about Max Payne. They'll keep teasing it, but you wont see any huge details about the game until it's released, and the same goes for GTA V. The sales Rockstar achieves even with 'new' franchises like Red Dead proves that their marketing works. I say 'new' because Read Dead Redemption's completely different to the previous games in the franchise, and it wasn't nearly as popular before becoming a free roam game. As for either game being a marketing tool for the other, definitely not. These are both triple A games. GTA V will sell more because there is less competition within the genre, and it's marketed as more of a 'blockbuster' title than Max Payne, but Max Payne is no slouch either. Each game stands alone on its own merits.

Edited by gtasadude