Computer Specs

Miccey

What will it take as a minimum to play V??

As of now i have a crappy Phenom9500Quad

3gb ram and a lousy 8500 nvidia card...

Will it even be possible to have the game NEAR the PC

without it been freezed down.....

I suggest waiting and using the time to save your money. No-one knows the requirements yet. Buying now just to play GTA:V would be a bad idea. When V is released, there will be faster processors and graphics cards and everything. Also top of the line stuff now will be cheaper then.

So just hang on. biggrin.gif

i use a Quad core 9450 2.7ghz

Asus gtx 460-1gb.

4grb ram & i can still use my settings in high ,but not all on very high.

Still fps = a solid 50.

Im guessing dual core should be fine

Gpu 775 mb min

2gb ram for required..

Tho who realy knows . suicidal.gif

i asked this question b4 got the same as ^^^...so wait & you will find out..

good question sry no 1 will be able to help.

And you should definitely be safe with a 8800GT

Hahahaha no, that's almost 4 years old right? And DX9? Anyway man just wait until V has a release date, as new hardware is released each year and dates quite fast unless it's top end stuff.

The requirements should be the same as, if not lower than GTA4.

I seriously doubt it will be more than DX9 due to Rockstar's record of simply porting games and being done with it. They would not spend the extra cash just to satisfy the few who actually give a crap about dx10/11.

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

Pointless even discussing this, nobody has got the slightest clue of how it will perform and what hardware you'll need and won't do for months yet.

Hahahaha no, that's almost 4 years old right? And DX9? Anyway man just wait until V has a release date, as new hardware is released each year and dates quite fast unless it's top end stuff.

Battlefield 3 runs great on the 8800GT. I doubt V's graphics are greater than BF3..

And the 8800GT is better than the consoles graphics cards. A lot better..

Battlefield 3 runs great on the 8800GT. I doubt V's graphics are greater than BF3..

Really? Would never had imagined, hopefully Rockstar manages to optimise their game better.

But that card is still DX9 right?

Really? Would never had imagined, hopefully Rockstar manages to optimise their game better.

But that card is still DX9 right?

Nope, directx 10. wink.gif

The 8800GT can pretty much run every game released on the PC. Sure not all of them high, but definitely medium settings.

Might as well buy a ps3 instead of upgrading pc. It'd be cheaper IMO coz I would imagine a decent pc upgrade would cost $300-$400 minimum and u can buy a 160 gb ps3 for under $300. The advantage of this would be that u'll get to play the game as soon as its out and with pc you MIGHT have to wait. But hey that's my opinion smile.gif

Also I would think if you want to run gta v on a pc, it'd probably need a 6gb ram and 1-2gb graphic card memory to run on a decent setting

Might as well buy a ps3 instead of upgrading pc. It'd be cheaper IMO coz I would imagine a decent pc upgrade would cost $300-$400 minimum and u can buy a 160 gb ps3 for under $300. The advantage of this would be that u'll get to play the game as soon as its out and with pc you MIGHT have to wait. But hey that's my opinion  smile.gif

Also I would think if you want to run gta v on a pc, it'd probably need a 6gb ram and 1-2gb graphic card memory to run on a decent setting

He won't need to spend more than 200$ to get a graphics card that is capable of much more than a PS3.

4GB RAM is absolutely fine for any game on PC at the moment, and 1GB is often enough video ram (unless you play at very large resolutions).

OP - do not bother buying an 8800gt. It's old tech and won't fulfill your gaming needs for very long if you purchase it in this day and age.

DU8afL0.jpg

Nope, directx 10. wink.gif

The 8800GT can pretty much run every game released on the PC. Sure not all of them high, but definitely medium settings.

While all of this is true, there's just no reason to buy 8800GT now. It made sense probably as late as 300 series, but now you can make a better investment with 400 or 500 series.

Also, DX10 is kind of useless. You probably noticed that not a lot of games bother with it. There is almost nothing you can't do with DX9 that you can with DX10. DX11 introduced many new features that games will start using very soon, making all DX9 and DX10 hardware obsolete. So if you upgrade now, you should make sure your hardware will support DX11. And that is again 400 and 500 series.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

What will it take as a minimum to play V??

As of now i have a crappy Phenom9500Quad

3gb ram and a lousy 8500 nvidia card...

Will it even be possible to have the game NEAR the PC

without it been freezed down.....

Buy a huge glass fishtank and fill it with jam.

Leave it with the lid off for a week, it will get all dusty and covered in flies, plus some pubes will somehow get in there, even if you are all hairless and smooth, like a pebble from a one-thousand year old Scottish loch.

Then, inject a massive pan full of custard into the centre of the tank, say about 4 or 5 inches in.

Freeze it in an industrial freezer, possibly full of dead cow, swinging when you bump into them.

After a day or two, remove it from the freeze and glue it to the wall - backlight it with green spotlamps. It won't actually play GTAV, but putting this project together and cleaning up the mess it causes will pass time, before the game comes out and you can think about getting a decent PC.

If you can run gta iv in the settings you like then most likely you will be able to play gta V in the same settings with more or less the same fps. Seeing that it is still on the same console the usage will be about the same except it will have maybe higher textures or reflection on highest settings. I don't know if that makes sense.

If i'm not mistaken, and I may be. For GTAIV, rockstar implemented a very different shadow from the console version.

Even on this very day, you would probably need a very advanced Graphics card to be able to play GTA IV with everything on high/very high. The shadows are a really performance killer on the PC, and I can imagine the whole lighting system for GTA V will be the same on PC.

So, I really doubt any of "today's hardware" will be able to run the game on maximum.

Yes, consoles are waaaay less powerful than PCs, obviously. But R* makes no effort to optimize their ports.

EvilEmperorZoRG

Battlefield 3 runs at almost full settings on 1280x1024 on a friends PC with 30 fps. His GPU is 3870 512mb, a bit better card than 8800 {3870 is GDDR4}.

Others are a 4+ years old Core 2 Duo E6600 O/C 3.1 GHz {Dual Core}

3GB Ram DDR2 800Mhz

M/B Asus p5vd2-vm

500W PSU

{Others, Vista Home Premium 32bit, 320GB HDD and a 17 monitor with maximum res. 1280x1024}

This PC is 4+ years old. It still runs every new game at better settings than a console including GTA IV. So yes, old 8800 and 4 years old hardware still has it wink.gif

Oh and Miccey, your CPU is good.

Edited by EvilEmperorZoRG

lol what are you running it at...1280x1024? time for an upgrade don't ya think. That card is old as hell and a piece of sh*t now days.

My guesses:

For smooth gameplay,

CPU

AMD line-up: Phenom II 960T/955/965/1055/FX-4100 or above

Intel line-up: i3-2310 or above

GPU

AMD line-up: Radeon HD5850/HD6790 or above

nVidia line-up: GTX550Ti/GTX460 or above

Memory

8GB or above

I'll get a really high end notebook when GTAV is released for PC.

I won't buy a console because of the crappy graphics and all that kind of blur crap.

An i7 series, 8GB RAM, GTX570M 1,5GB and SSD hard disk should be fine.

G1T

Minimum system requirements

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or newer

2.5 GHz Intel Core i3 processor or AMD Athlon II x2

2GB RAM

nVidia 8800GT or an equivalent DirectX10 card with 512MB VRAM

26 Gigabytes available storage space

Recommended system requirements

Windows 8 64-bits

3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor or AMD Phenom II x4

4GB RAM

nVidia GTX460 or an equivalent DirectX11 card with 1GB VRAM

40 Gigabytes available storage space

I don't expect gta 5 to be to much more demanding on the pc than gta 4 was. Hopefully it will be better optimized. I have a gtx 460, amd phenom 965 and ran gta 4 pretty well. I don't plan on upgrading my system for a long time

Minimum requirements are:

Windows Vista SP2, 7 SP2 or Windows 8 SP1.

CPU: i7 2700 Running @3.2GHz

GPU: GTX570 3GB VRAM or ATi 6990 HD 3GB VRAM

RAM: 12GB

Hard disk: 57GB

Hmm, sounds legit.

lol

G1T

Hmm, sounds legit.

lol

None of those cards are 3GB VRAM, and why should you underclock your CPU to run the game? user posted image

3lIXKDi.png

Hmm, sounds legit.

lol

Yeah right...

Then noone will buy the game. Considering how the trailer looked like, it will be about the same if not slightly higher demands as GTA4. Dual core PCs(about 2.4 ghz maybe, considering the manufacturer) with medium graphics cards(AMD 4/5/65x0 should play the game on low settings.

Geez, you are taking it seriously about the minimum requirements bored.gif

I wasn't serious.

The problem wasn't that your choices were ridiculous, the problem was that some didn't even exist.

3lIXKDi.png

Geez, you are taking it seriously about the minimum requirements bored.gif

I wasn't serious.

The problem wasn't that your choices were ridiculous, the problem was that some didn't even exist.

Yes, some thing don't exist.

But again, I was not serious.

G1T

The specs should be atleast like this... biggrin.gif

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel i3 2.4 Ghz

RAM: 2GB for windows 7 or 8

GPU: 512MB NVIDIA 9800GT

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Intel i5 3.3 GHz

RAM: 4 GB for windows 7 or 8

GPU: 1GB NVIDIA 560Ti

HDD: sata 3 SSD

how about this go to your local gamestop or something and buy a ps3 or xbox

stop being a little nerd and get yourself a real mans console xbox ps3> pc mac alienware dell...... etc