Could GTA V be a launch title for Wii U?

Chaise

So do you think GTA V might be a launch title for Wii U?

Wii U and GTA V are both likely to be released in 2012, and as we saw with GTA: chinatown wars, R* isn't afraid to release a game on a nintendo console. So it sorta makes sense that they might be released right around the same time.

Having GTA V on Wii U would bring a lot of "Core" gamers back to the system, which is what nintendo is trying to do with the Wii U, plus having it as a launch day title would defianiatly help them sell their console quicker.

Feel free to share your opinions.

It's possible, but I doubt it. I think GTA V is probably going to be released around May and the WiiU will probably be released later in 2012; but, GTA V might definitely be one of the launch games for the WiiU if the situation does indeed unfold like that. I don't think they'll be released together, though.

Fukk no and for good reason. Nitendo sucks after the Gamecube.

I agree, but that's a pathetic argument to use against good games being released on the WiiU. From what I've seen and heard, all my skeptical thoughts aside, the WiiU is more than capable of running current-gen/next-gen games.

It's certainly a possibility and it would be a clever marketing strategy on both Rockstar's and Nintendo's side.

Hell no ,well if the Wii gamers out there want it & it comesout hahaha good luck ...

P.S. how many ppl would get hit in the head from fights in the game ,(Ohh sorry sis)

Fractured cheek bone ROFL.

Sunrise Driver

Would like to see this, especially as WiiU temp. exclusive so PS3 and cockbox360 fanboys (only those who hate PC) could finally feel what PC gamers felt all these years.

do nintendo's consoles even have violent m18'ish games anymore?

Madworld, Conduit, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, Driver, Silent Hill.

Edited by Street Mix

zeppelincheetah

do nintendo's consoles even have violent m18'ish games anymore?

topic: I would love for the new game to be on Wii U - it's a more powerful machine than current gen which means the game could look and play that much better. my wallet hates it though

After WII U releases 6 months later it might come out on WII U. Definitely not a WII U launch title because Rockstargames doesn't know the system. Please Nintendo change the name WII U sounds like a ambulance siren WIIUWIIUWIIU suicidal.gif

praying-mantis32

idiotic statement.

and it is possible if the dates happen to align. if not then it would probably be released later like it is for pc

it's a more powerful machine than current gen

Well, this is false.

And what makes you think that? It already has been confirmed to be more powerful than the 360 or PS3.

Well, this is false.

And what makes you think that? It already has been confirmed to be more powerful than the 360 or PS3.

Haha, by whom? Nintendo? Yeah, trust the developers of a console to say something like that.

Johnny Playert

Uhhhhh,

no?

EDIT: i cant believe you're actually considering this as an option dudes... wth, OH THE DATES ALLIGN V MAYBE LAUNCH TITLE come on man, i doubt if that new Wii is even capable of running IV let alone V. Seriously, what's wrong with people?

Edited by Johnny Playert

It's possible, but I doubt it. I think GTA V is probably going to be released around May

I wouldn't get your hopes up: didn't they just announce that they "started development"?

A year at the least. Possibly even a 2013 release.

More likely to get a new Playstation or Xbox announced before this comes oot.

It's possible, but I doubt it. I think GTA V is probably going to be released around May

I wouldn't get your hopes up: didn't they just announce that they "started development"?

A year at the least. Possibly even a 2013 release.

More likely to get a new Playstation or Xbox announced before this comes oot.

Actually they said that its in "full development".

I wouldnt mind if its comes to wii U.

Technologically, Wii U will handle V. Not a question. I don't believe the claims that it's more powerful than PS3 and 360 either. It might have certain advantages, but Nintendo simply can't afford to put it in the same price bracket. We will see a lot of corners cut under Wii U's hood, and it will force the developers to do the same. That said, it wouldn't be hard to cut enough corners in V to make it work and look nearly as good. So again, no problem there.

Will it actually happen? That's a good question. First of all, launch title, no way. It's a trap that better 3rd party developers know to avoid. Launch titles are a good cash crop for lower quality titles. Publishers know that, so that's what they are going to invest in. The return on a AAA released at launch just isn't the same, and all of the problems can spoil things for an established franchise like GTA.

There might be an opportunity if PC version lags like it usually does. If R* releases PS3 and 360 versions first, with PC half a year to a year later, they could release the Wii U version at the same time. It would give sufficient time for R* or a third party to port the engine to Wii U architecture, and be just late enough into Wii U's cycle to make such a release possible. It also gives publishers enough time to cut their losses if it starts to look like Wii U isn't going to be profitable to release on. The dev costs would be a loss, of course, but for ports, marketing costs make up a bigger share of the budget.

tl;dr: Wii U can run GTA V. We might see concurrent release of Wii U and PC versions much later than PS3 and 360 release. Not going to be a launch title.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

annie_himself

idiotic statement.

and it is possible if the dates happen to align. if not then it would probably be released later like it is for pc

f*ck you, they suck.

Well, WiiU is slightly more powerful than the PS3 and Xbox 360 just like the Wii is slightly more powerful than the first Xbox.

It's possible. I don't know why do people still think Nintendo doesn't let 18+ games on its consoles.

Problemses?

Why does Nintendo want to release a new console?

I mean, their games looks sh*tty, cartooish and too low quality and mostly childdish.

Or they want 1080p Pokemon games, 1 milion polies Super Mario and Zelda on outstanding graphics and shaders?

G1T

Nintendo only release games for little girls and their grannies like Super Cooking Mama 5 or something.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

cough

Well, this is false.

Haha, by whom? Nintendo? Yeah, trust the developers of a console to say something like that.

Uh, yeah, anyone that knows anything about Nintendo knows that Nintendo doesn't talk about their consoles' specs. It was 3rd party developers that were talking about it. dozingoff.gif

@K^2: Even a new low end machine would be more powerful than the current generation of consoles. There is absolutely no reason to think they couldn't produce a more powerful console on the same budget pricing right now. However, that said, Nintendo is focusing more on 3rd parties this time, so they may even risk a higher priced console just for them.

Edited by jnzooger

Well, this is false.

Uh, yeah, anyone that knows anything about Nintendo knows that Nintendo doesn't talk about their consoles' specs. It was 3rd party developers that were talking about it. dozingoff.gif

Not that it even means anything, but source?

Honestly my hopes aint that high for the whole 'Wii U' console, dont get me wrong im sure it will be a great family orientated device in the same way the original Wii was, but for games like GTA, Call Of Duty, Red Dead redemption, Saints Row, Battlefield, Need For Speed and Skyrim etc etc I think Xbox 360, PS3, and of course PC will always have the upper hand for action and adult aimed games icon14.gif .

Thompson.png

Well, this is false.

Don't know why I should have to do the Googleing for you, but here are a couple of sites that talked about it...

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-i...n-ps3---report/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-put...nintendo-wii-u/ (this should be proof enough...)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/30869...ed-gabe-newell/ (Hell, this too..)

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/ea-totall...ive-controller/

Not that any of this will change your clearly jaded view of the console. moto_whistle.gif

Well, this is false.

Maybe nintendo will finally move on up. Theres been rumors of an adult mario game someday too. No joke. I hope this opens doors for sega to decide to come back into the console market too. The dreamcast was great till sony, nintenturd and crapsoft had to ruin the fun.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Well, this is false.

Maybe nintendo will finally move on up. Theres been rumors of an adult mario game someday too. No joke. I hope this opens doors for sega to decide to come back into the console market too. The dreamcast was great till sony, nintenturd and crapsoft had to ruin the fun.

"Adult Mario" Sounds call I spent my whole childhood chasing Princess Peach it will be nice to finally get a reward if you know what I mean icon14.gif .

Thompson.png

Well, this is false.

Don't know why I should have to do the Googleing for you, but here are a couple of sites that talked about it...

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-u-i...n-ps3---report/

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/ibm-put...nintendo-wii-u/ (this should be proof enough...)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/30869...ed-gabe-newell/ (Hell, this too..)

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2011/06/ea-totall...ive-controller/

Not that any of this will change your clearly jaded view of the console. moto_whistle.gif

Well, it's only logical for me to ask you for a source, especially considering you are using your information from a source or various sources. And no, my view on the Wii U isn't jaded at all.

Anyway, this is from your first source:

''but beyond that it's unclear how powerful the hardware will ultimately be when it ships sometime next year''

''Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50% more processing power compared to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360. This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo.''

''At E3 last week, Nintendo did little to prove this point. During the press conference, footage of Xbox 360 and PS3 titles was used,''

I think it speaks for itself.

As for your second source, that doesn't really prove that it's more powerful than PS3 or Xbox 360. I'm not denying that it's powerful, I just doubt that it is more powerful than the PS3 or 360, and processing power and disc size isn't everything, by the way.

And the third source, Gabe Newell is talking about the previous generation Nintendo console, not the 360 and PS3.

''"Wii U seems to be a lot more powerful than the previous generation," he said, adding, "It sort of fits better into the scalability in terms of graphics performance and CPU performance, so I think it'll be a lot easier for us to fit it into our scalability model."

He went on to note Valve's gradual adoption of console formats, traditionally being a PC-only studio before opening up to Xbox 360 with Orange Box and more recently PS3 with Portal 2. "We've always loved Nintendo," said Gabe, but with the vast performance gap between the HD machines and the current Wii, it's easy to see why Valve has avoided trying to shove its high-end games onto the Nintendo platform.

"Now it's a lot easier to look at Wii U and have it fit within that framework," said Gabe, giving loyal Nintendo fans who've missed out on some of the greatest first-person shooters of all time a ray of hope for the future.''

As is evident.

And your fourth source, they aren't talking about the console specs; they're talking about the innovative controller and how much they like it. Also note the keyword ''possibly''.

So yeah, that isn't any proof that the Wii U is more powerful than both the 360 and PS3. It's just pure speculation on your part, and might I add, some serious misreading.

Edited by Dale Nixon