i believe prisons/jails will be more used

gsbadreligion

gsbadreligion

since we've seen the trailer and seen all the people falling on hard times it is obviously something that increases crime and this leads to jail and prison which i believe will be more used in this game. i hated how you couldn't even go in prison without a high wanted level in gta 4 and how even if you went there, you couldn't do anything or go inside anywhere. prison will probably be enterable and maybe you can get caught and go to prison for a limited amount of time or have to break out. i know this isn't much to go on at all but its a possibility because rockstar is trying to improve the game and la is a city with a lot of crime.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

That would actually be pretty cool if you were taken to prison once you were busted. You know how in the old GTA games you would be let go on a "bribe" if you were busted? This time around, you should have the option of choosing to either pay the bribe and go free instantly (but the amount of money that the bribe costs needs to be increased dramatically for this to work), or not pay anything and have to spend time in an actual prison (I'd suggest the amount of time you spend there would be relative to your crimes/wanted level).

It would be nice to play as an inmate and be told it's time to go to lunch and such. Lol, in my opinion at least.

EDIT: I mean, how many of us actually got "busted" on a regular basis? You know everyone would much rather die than be caught by the cops cool.gif

While I do love when games take hard to implement concepts and turn them into something fun, I'm not sure a Jail System would work in a Game like this.

The problem is: while it can be fun and surprising the first time you get busted and sent to jail, walking around with the inmates, searching for a way out, bribing people, dealing with your business with a secretely stashed phone and so on... I can't see this being fun the second or third time around.

Unless we were talking about procedural creation of possible "ways out" or more than one prison, we will be touching a matter that IMHO in a GTA game would work better as a mission/part of the game.

In the future, when procedural generation of content gets more "useable". I think we could see this as a integral part of the gameplay, but was it is now... I'm not sure.

I feel that this would add an RPG element to GTA V.

GTA: San Andreas was full of RPG elements e.g. working out, dating etc.

Maybe as in a mission to take someone out or to kill someone inside.But to be sent in jail every time after busted...people would be complaining on that more then a bowling issue.

Maybe as in a mission to take someone out or to kill someone inside.But to be sent in jail every time after busted...people would be complaining on that more then a bowling issue.

Exactly, hate it in SA:MP.

GRINCH ASS BITCH

Maybe as in a mission to take someone out or to kill someone inside.But to be sent in jail every time after busted...people would  be complaining on that more then a bowling issue.

Exactly, hate it in SA:MP.

Lol, I play on a server where people regularly have to spend 1-2 hours in jail depending on their crimes. I've never actually been there (since they've mapped a new prison and I rarely get in to trouble with the law), but I've been to OOC prison for hours at a time and it's pretty freaking boring.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA

That would actually be pretty cool if you were taken to prison once you were busted. You know how in the old GTA games you would be let go on a "bribe" if you were busted? This time around, you should have the option of choosing to either pay the bribe and go free instantly (but the amount of money that the bribe costs needs to be increased dramatically for this to work), or not pay anything and have to spend time in an actual prison (I'd suggest the amount of time you spend there would be relative to your crimes/wanted level).

It would be nice to play as an inmate and be told it's time to go to lunch and such. Lol, in my opinion at least.

EDIT: I mean, how many of us actually got "busted" on a regular basis? You know everyone would much rather die than be caught by the cops  cool.gif

if they would implement this in the game I would get my self busted on daily basis biggrin.gif . looking at my stats in gta 4 i see i never got busted so i guess it wouldn't be annoying

Edited by GrandTheftAuto 5SA

zeppelincheetah

they could make it where your "friends" in the game periodically get thrown in jail/prison and you either have to make bail to get them out or break them out. the idea of you yourself going to jail every time you're busted would get old fast - but it would be ok if it was part of the story. I wouldn't mind a mission where you have to break from prison.

I got a great prison mission idea for GTA 5, it's a bit like GTA III

So you are casually driving a car with a friend in vice city (this is a cutscene)

Then you go to the airport with your friend to collect some drugs from a friend of his at the back of the airport.

This guy is an undercover cop but didn't tell your friend, then he kills your friend, and you (the protagonist keeping watch around the corner) come from behind the wall and get shot by the undercover cop.

You wake up in the back of a SWAT van with cops surrounding you.

You sit up and say "Where Am I"

The cops driving say "Hey shut that bastard up"

The screen then fades and says "2 Years Later"

You are locked up and have just recently got a new cellmate.

He says "What you in for bro?"

The protagonist then says "What Ain't I Here for?"

Then he says "I know what you mean man... this is my first time here, i only been here 3 days..."

"Yeah well... try being here for 2 years... i'm sick of this sh*t, i wanna just end it all..."

"Woah man, don't be harsh on your self..."

"Well what else is there, theres now way out, the only way out is suicide"

"Don't be too sure, I got connections, I can get us both outta here"

*Cutscene fades*

It is then Lunch

Your friend says "Look... that's the guy there"

You say "Well what are you waiting for, get over there man..."

He says "Alright man chill chill, i got it..... Yo homeboy! Get your ass here!"

"Listen me and my friend here gotta get out, you got those explosives you tell me about?"

"Not yet my cousin needs to bring them over tonight, they will be ready at say hmm 10:00"

You say "yeah it's cool"

It fades, everybodys sleeping exept for you and your friend

You say "sh*t, ain't he done yet, it's almost 11... damn!"

Your friend says "Yeah well this sh*t takes time man"

You then say " Yeah but I wish he would...."

Then the bomb explodes, and cutscene fades out, you now finally get to play

Your objective is to run out of the hole and escape a 2 star wanted level... Coincidentally when you get out of the prison there is a car there, you hotwire it and get the f*ck outta there, you can just drive or got to the pay and spray which is just 2 blocks away. Your friend has a house and you drive him there, it is just a sh*tty apartment, but he has money and clothes, you borrow some of his clothes and he gives you $200, mission passed!

I know it's sh*t xD

Edited by djbranston

It would be cool the fist few times then get aggravating.

You mean agitating? Aggravating just means building up...

His use of the word was fine, actually.

there should be prisons sentences

I would have no problem serving time in Gta. Imagine the plan devised to get you out of there.

Yussssss!!!

It would be cool if you did the first several missions being rich and successful but then the cops bust you for embezzling or whatever then you get sent to prison and have to break out using a prison guards uniform that you get to keep. After the mission where you breakout your poor and have to work your way up again.riches->rags->riches. Then if you put the prison guard uniform on you can enter the prison without getting a wanted level.

As long as I don't spend all day in the cell or get locked up in solitary. That would be boring.

I'd argue more, but this topic has been done before. And I just don't feel like rehashing anything anymore.

annie_himself

It means to make worse or excite.

Hydro_PlayboyX

it would be cool if you and your friend were on a mission and after that in cutscene you got busted and you have to make a plan how to break out and starting to assemble a team by doing missions for prison gangs

If you are arrested for murder you get 24 years in gaol so you can't play the game for 24hours.

Aggravating means building negative feeling on an existing issue (in the context in which the poster used it). It's the right word to use, at least in UK English.

On Topic: I think regular visits to the prison could become annoying, it would be good to see it as a playable area but not to end up there every time you get busted!

Harwood Butch3r

If you are arrested for murder you get 24 years in gaol so you can't play the game for 24hours.

Are you serious? That would suck. confused.gif

A RDR like cutscene for getting arrested and thrown into jail would be fine IMO.

Edited by Miamivicecity