GTA IV installation problem

Aldin777

Ok, today I've decided to install GTA IV on my PC which uses Windows Developer Preview as OS. And when i put my first CD into the driver, RSGC installed automaticly and all went ok but then when GTA IV installation started, I've got an error which said: Your system is incompatible with %P.

So could anyone help me, I really want to play GTA IV.

PC specifications:

4GB ram

2,53GHz

512 Graphic card memory

x64 bit operating system

GTA IV worked for me on windows 7 but when i Installed windows 8 it wont even start the installation...

Ok, today I've decided to install GTA IV on my PC which uses Windows Developer Preview as OS. And when i put my first CD into the driver, RSGC installed automaticly and all went ok but then when GTA IV installation started, I've got an error which said: Your system is incompatible with %P.

So could anyone help me, I really want to play GTA IV.

PC specifications:

4GB ram

2,53GHz

512 Graphic card memory

x64 bit operating system

GTA IV worked for me on windows 7 but when i Installed windows 8 it wont even start the installation...

Found the solution on my own, thanks for "help"

Apparently a full system reformat has helped other ppl, but I'm too busy to test it. Try installing a partition if you have sufficient HDD space and install GTA4 on that.

The sh*t thing about the new patch is if anyone had the game already installed and updated to patch 1.0.5.0 before patch 7 was released the patch installed fine.

But all those who installed the game afreash after the patch was released (which includes me) found that the patch didn't install over the basic disc installation because of ..DUN DUN DUHN...!

GFWL and RGSC.

Who would have thought!? rolleyes.gif

46 minutes passed lol don't be a self centered dumbass

46 minutes passed lol don't be a self centered dumbass

Ok, sorry. I have another problem right now, I've just installed GTA IV last patch and game wont run. When I launch "launchGTAIV" It only show's the launcher window and nothing happens. Could anyone help me?

When you say it shows the launcher window do you mean that the log in to Rockstar Social comes up but then you get a message saying windows has encountered an error and has to shut down?

have you tried the GFWL Market Place fix?

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/GFWLupdate/

install that and log in to GFWL Market place

Then try running GTA

When you say it shows the launcher window do you mean that the log in to Rockstar Social comes up but then you get a message saying windows has encountered an error and has to shut down?

have you tried the GFWL Market Place fix?

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/GFWLupdate/

install that and log in to GFWL Market place

Then try running GTA

Ok, I'll try, but do I have to install all the patches from 1.0 to 1.7 or just the latest one?

Just the latest one

Ok, GTA IV is reinstalled right now, I've updated GFWL and next what I have to do is to install patch?

Installed the patch and the GTA IV still wont run. It just opens the GTA IV launcher but the game wont start.

Edited by Aldin777

I must admit I know very little about Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8) - have you reverted back to Windows 7 now and it now won't work on that either?

2,53GHz

Can we have a little bit more info on the processor - make and model

512 Graphic card memory

Again, make and model please

So, you have reinstalled the disc version and I assume you have no error's on the install

You then install the GTA 7th patch - http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Grand...-IV-Patch.shtml -That is that includes the removal of Rockstar Social as a program but still requires you to log into it on load up of GTA IV

I would recommend a restart of computer after that just to allow it to fully update

You then install the GFWL update - http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/GFWLupdate/ - That is the one i posted on here earlier which logs you onto GFWL Market Place - remember to log fully in - once in I find you can x out of that screen

After that, try GTA IV again

If it still does not work, I am at a loss to exactly what is wrong - as someone on here mentioned before, a clean format and reinstall of Windows 7 and drivers maybe the only possible solution but no way that is certain

Edited by marmoo

I must admit I know very little about Windows Developer Preview (Windows 8) - have you reverted back to Windows 7 now and it now won't work on that either?

2,53GHz

512 Graphic card memory

So, you have reinstalled the disc version and I assume you have no error's on the install

You then install the GTA 7th patch - http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Grand...-IV-Patch.shtml -That is that includes the removal of Rockstar Social as a program but still requires you to log into it on load up of GTA IV

I would recommend a restart of computer after that just to allow it to fully update

You then install the GFWL update - http://www.rockstargames.com/support/IV/PC/GFWLupdate/ - That is the one i posted on here earlier which logs you onto GFWL Market Place - remember to log fully in - once in I find you can x out of that screen

If it still does not work, I am at a loss to exactly what is wrong - as someone on here mentioned before, a clean format and reinstall of Windows 7 and drivers maybe the only possible solution but no way that is certain

Ok, I'll try. My PC is wery good, I run gta IV maxed out and there's no any lag.

2,53GHz

512 Graphic card memory

Ok, I'll try. My PC is wery good, I run gta IV maxed out and there's no any lag.

Nothing, again. The game wont start.

My PC is wery good, I run gta IV maxed out and there's no any lag.

I highly doubt you can max. out IV with no lag on that PC, as I too have a 2.53GHZ processor(with Turbo Boost to 2.93GHZ), and a 512mb video card, and 6GB ram, and can only max the game out using Patch 4 AND the memrestrict commandline to double my vram(using some system ram) and even that is prone to lag at certain times/points in the game....So, we will need video proof or that is deemed not true.

Also, What Processor do you have?

What Video card do you have?

Also, since you say you have Windows 8, that means you have an illegal OS, as Windows 8 is NOT released for sale yet. As such, there is NO support for Windows 8 at this time....Just a few friendly heads up.

Also, just another friendly heads up, Please learn proper English so you are better understood-I mean there is no reason not too, as English is taught in school from Kindergarden all the way to 12th grade(the last year of High school)...Thanks for your cooperation. smile.gif................I mention this, since there were A LOT of typos/errors in the quote, which is from your post.

My PC is wery good, I run gta IV maxed out and there's no any lag.

I highly doubt you can max. out IV with no lag on that PC, as I too have a 2.53GHZ processor(with Turbo Boost to 2.93GHZ), and a 512mb video card, and 6GB ram, and can only max the game out using Patch 4 AND the memrestrict commandline to double my vram(using some system ram) and even that is prone to lag at certain times/points in the game....So, we will need video proof or that is deemed not true.

Also, What Processor do you have?

What Video card do you have?

Also, since you say you have Windows 8, that means you have an illegal OS, as Windows 8 is NOT released for sale yet. As such, there is NO support for Windows 8 at this time....Just a few friendly heads up.

Also, just another friendly heads up, Please learn proper English so you are better understood-I mean there is no reason not too, as English is taught in school from Kindergarden all the way to 12th grade(the last year of High school)...Thanks for your cooperation. smile.gif

Im good in English but I didn't learn the grammar yet, but I can understand you smile.gif

I thought the preview was a Beta Version of Windows 8 released by Microsoft?

YankeesPwnMets

Windows Developer Preview is legal...

and OP, forget about it. It's called "Developer Preview" for a reason... its unsupported. Why are you even bothering? Just go back to Windows 7. If you put Win 8 as your main OS, while SOL I'd feel bad for you when Microsoft decides to lock up your OS in a few months

Windows Developer Preview is legal...

and OP, forget about it. It's called "Developer Preview" for a reason... its unsupported. Why are you even bothering? Just go back to Windows 7. If you put Win 8 as your main OS, while SOL I'd feel bad for you when Microsoft decides to lock up your OS in a few months

It's legal. What do you think about this? Should I install the patch in compability mode, like I've installed GTA IV. I inestalled it in Windows Vista Service pack 1 compability. And the GTA IV installed without any problem in about 30minutes. I hope you can understand me, cause I'm not so good with grammar.

YankeesPwnMets

If GTAIV won't work on Developer Preview, then it won't work. Hell I'm still learning the OS and I was part of the development team. The OS is pretty different from every other OS. I don't know what you need to do. It probably is just an OS issue. This isn't a final version, so you are guaranteed to run into bugs. When Microsoft says to not use the OS as your main OS, they mean it. It isn't a joke. You get fools complaining here and there that they are locked out of their OS, but sh*t you should have read the directions.

Go back to Windows 7 for your games. Windows 8 is called "Developer Preview" for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not certain on it or anything but from what I've seen while trying to install things on Win 8, it appears that installers check your operating systems name and tell you you can't install on an unsupported OS. Sadly this would also mean that you can't install these programs on linux with wine as well. I wonder if the same holds true further down the line? Perhaps since gta4 is all ready done, you might never be able to install it on windows 8.

Ok, i installed windows 7 as my OS and installed GTA IV correctly. Everything went fine. But, now GTA IV wont work with patch. I always get an error: Invalid resource detected, please reinstall the game(1.4 patch). And when I put xlive.dll, and scripthook. GTA IV runs correctly, but when it's loading the game, gta iv crashes(GTA IV has stopped working)

Do you know what's the probleM? Sorry for my bad english

DOES anyone wants to help me?

Yes, but first you have to answer the questions from the Required Pinned Troubleshooting topic so people can help you. Here they are:

Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?

If Downloaded, from where?

If Retail, Is this the Original DVD being used OR a No-DVD Crack OR a Copy of the DVD?

Any Mods/Trainers?

Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-If so, this can be causing problems.

Do you have a Genuine copy of Windows?

Do you have the latest SP for Windows?-which is SP1 for 7.

Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug lists/fixes. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already. In addition to these pinned topics, please utilize the forum search engine. adamcs has produced an extremely helpful guide which explains the finer points of successful searching, accessible here.

If all of the above is no help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:

• What platform: PC, PS3, or X-Box

• What version number of GTA: IV

• What CPU and its speed

• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed

• What video card AND Total VRAM AND Dedicated VRAM

• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)

• Which DirectX version AND Driver version

• What sound card AND Driver version

• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.

• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.

• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of seeing people ask questions and everyone else trying to help have to turn around and ask that person questions that should have been already included with the original question. Please note that this is simply a copy and paste job from the VC topic originally posted by Wolf and continually updated by Spuds and myself. The topic has proven very successful in the VC forums, and I daresay it's damn necessary here.

Thanks to Spuds and Wolf for their input into the content.

Please answer ALL the above questions, so we can better help you.

DOES anyone wants to help me?

Yes, but first you have to answer the questions from the Required Pinned Troubleshooting topic so people can help you. Here they are:

Is this the Retail(DVD) version OR a Downloaded version?

If Downloaded, from where?

If Retail, Is this the Original DVD being used OR a No-DVD Crack OR a Copy of the DVD?

Any Mods/Trainers?

Any Daemon tools or the like installed on PC?-If so, this can be causing problems.

Do you have a Genuine copy of Windows?

Do you have the latest SP for Windows?-which is SP1 for 7.

Before you post a topic, please read the pinned bug lists/fixes. It is likely that you're not the first person to encounter a problem, and we may have found a solution already. In addition to these pinned topics, please utilize the forum search engine. adamcs has produced an extremely helpful guide which explains the finer points of successful searching, accessible here.

If all of the above is no help, you'll need to post a new topic. Please provide useful topic titles. "Help" or "problem" give us no insight into the problem - every topic in the Troubleshooting forum will no doubt entail a problem seeking help!

To get the most amount of help for your problem, we need as many details as we can get about your system's specs. Therefore it is highly suggested (read: demanded) that you provide:

• What platform: PC, PS3, or X-Box

• What version number of GTA: IV

• What CPU and its speed

• How much RAM, also what kind (DDR, SDRAM) and speed

• What video card AND Total VRAM AND Dedicated VRAM

• Which version of Windows (and any service packs)

• Which DirectX version AND Driver version

• What sound card AND Driver version

• History: Is this your first install? Did it work once before? Anything that is relevant.

• Screenshots, if applicable. This is especially necessary with display issues which can be explained far easier by use of visual aids.

• Above all else, a detailed description of your problem. Give as much information as possible! Keep it relevant, though. We don't need a fifty-page printout from some diagnosis program. Usually the above prompts will suffice.

If you don't know the more detailed specs of your system, and the system control panel is of little help for most of these, download and use Everest Free Edition 2.20 or Fresh Diagnose. Be sure to extract only the relevant information from these programs - again, lengthy printouts are meaningless and tedious to rifle through.

Do not ask questions relating to modding in any way or form - we have an entire editing subforum to house any such inquiries.

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of seeing people ask questions and everyone else trying to help have to turn around and ask that person questions that should have been already included with the original question. Please note that this is simply a copy and paste job from the VC topic originally posted by Wolf and continually updated by Spuds and myself. The topic has proven very successful in the VC forums, and I daresay it's damn necessary here.

Thanks to Spuds and Wolf for their input into the content.

Please answer ALL the above questions, so we can better help you.

It's copy of the DVD, there's no mods or tainers, Just power iso, yes I have(GENUINE), Windows 7 service pack 1 downloaded from Microsoft site.

It's copy of the DVD

^^^

Yep, there's the problem-you have an illegal game version. Go BUY the Legal version, it is only $14.82 for the DVD version OR right now, it is only $5 and some change from Steam...So, since the game is dirt cheap, there is NO reason to not buy it. If you had the Original DVD, you would not have any trouble with the game.

Where to buy(DVD):

Wal-Mart.com

Target.com

Gamestop.com

Amazon.com

EBGames.com

K-Mart.com

OR Go to any of the stores above and buy it in person(except for Amazon.com obviously). tounge2.gif

OR Just get the Steam version for a little over $5.

It's copy of the DVD

^^^

Yep, there's the problem-you have an illegal game version. Go BUY the Legal version, it is only $14.82 for the DVD version OR right now, it is only $5 and some change from Steam...So, since the game is dirt cheap, there is NO reason to not buy it. If you had the Original DVD, you would not have any trouble with the game.

Where to buy(DVD):

Wal-Mart.com

Target.com

Gamestop.com

Amazon.com

EBGames.com

K-Mart.com

OR Go to any of the stores above and buy it in person(except for Amazon.com obviously). tounge2.gif

I dont think so.. I have already installed all patches on gta iv when I had Windows xp as my os, and they worked.

It's copy of the DVD

^^^

Where to buy(DVD):

Wal-Mart.com

Target.com

Gamestop.com

Amazon.com

EBGames.com

K-Mart.com

I dont think so.. I have already installed all patches on gta iv when I had Windows xp as my os, and they worked.

Windows 7 has higher security measures than XP did. Also, Since you have a copy of the DVD, which is illegal, we cannot help(as per the rules-Pinned in the Announcents section, as there is a No-Warez Rule on the forum), until you get a LEGAL version of the game....Just a friendly heads up. icon14.gif Please see the Forum rules here regarding the No-Warez policy. Thanks for you cooperation on this matter..