Military installations

xUSMC SSGTx

Ok, I was stationed at 29 Palms which is in San Bernardino county. There is also Camp Pendelton as well as MCAS Miramar in San Diego county (also a naval base). Do you guys think any of these will be included in the game? Do you guys even WANT military bases?

Discuss.

user posted image

Sure, where else am I going to obtain my Rhino or Hydra? Sounds like a good shopping centre for some other heavy weapons too. smile.gif

31805323.png

Sure.

But as long as there's no military going after you while having a 6 star wanted level.

Edited by Tomern11

Sure, where else am I going to obtain my Rhino or Hydra? Sounds like a good shopping centre for some other heavy weapons too. smile.gif

This. I do hope and I am sure that there will be military bases in Grand Theft Auto V as there has been at least one military base present in most Grand Theft Auto titles - and like past Grand Theft Auto titles, I also hope that they are loaded with military vehicles and heavy weaponry. You also see a Hydra flying past in the trailer, which is a give-away in my opinion that some sort of military base will be present in the game.

I am also one of the ones hoping that military will go after you in the game when you have a six star wanted level - it would make sense after all as the game is set in a redesigned "Southern California" and not just in the Los Santos metropolitan area (I am pretty sure that the reason for Rockstar not including military in Grand Theft Auto IV was because it's "not realistic having military present in just one city" if I remember correctly).

RE9mJnf.png

Edwards airforce base hopefully. Maybe Plant 42/Palmdale Regional Airport too (home of Lockheed's Skunk Works amongst other things).

user posted image

Edwards airforce base hopefully. Maybe Plant 42/Palmdale Regional Airport too (home of Lockheed's Skunk Works amongst other things).

I think everyone's heard of Edwards AFB.

Even me, here in the UK.

Safe bet to parody that.

Now if we can also have a small airfield for the Hydra like this .:

Would blow my mind away/....

Only hiddin right in the mountain so we cant it find straight away ... wow.gifbiggrin.gif

& for the air force i want this added

now this would be also be cool to fly around.creep up on the enemy like a ninja ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

UberChargedCJ

sure this sounds good rockstar should add a military rank system and also there will be XP progress on it if you kill the enemy gangs criminals or other that are

and you get XP from it

sure this sounds good rockstar should add a military rank system and also there will be XP progress on it if you kill the enemy gangs criminals or other that are

and you get XP from it

user posted image

This is not Call of Duty MW3...

user posted image

UberChargedCJ

and you get XP from it

user posted image

This is not Call of Duty MW3...

you dont need to say it unless you join in it

and no flame war please devil.gif

Even me, here in the UK.

Safe bet to parody that.

have you never heard of 29 Palms or Camp Pendleton?

user posted image

Would be a nice little touch, We haven't seen a propper military base since Vice City sad.gif Lets see the one from L.A Noire, But obviously an updated version, How i have so much fun racing around that track tounge.gif

Even me, here in the UK.

Safe bet to parody that.

'fraid not.

Heard of the Skunk Works. Didn't know exactly where it was though.

Even me, here in the UK.

Safe bet to parody that.

Heard of both of them, especially Camp Pendleton! Absolutely huge that place.

I'd love for some kind of El Centro style aircraft weapons range but then again I don't think it'd have much use other than novelty. I do think there will be a military base but it won't be large or particularly detailed. Oh well.

blowtorchrepair
Ok, I was stationed at 29 Palms which is in San Bernardino county. There is also Camp Pendelton as well as MCAS Miramar in San Diego county (also a naval base). Do you guys think any of these will be included in the game? Do you guys even WANT military bases?

Discuss.

sure. a small naval base or coast guard base with gun boats would be ideal for shelling the enemy from just off shore in a MP game.

Just Cause 2 had plenty of patrol boats with forward and after gun turrets, but no multi-player. (ghey)

There should be a large Military base in the countryside that is restricted and if you fly over it, The military will send Fighter Jets after you and fire lock on missiles. (Should make for some pretty fun dogfights) If you attempt to get the on land there should be a long road like area 51 and a sign halfway through the road saying ''Restricted area don't go any further.''

There should also be a Naval Base somewhere where you can steal some military boats and equipment.

I'd love to have both a military and naval base like in SA. Restricted areas are fun, especially with how nice gun fights have become with the new game engine. Then we could make our escape in a jet for some nice dog fight action, or if it'll make its return, break out of the base in a Rhino and crush cop cars. Hehe

The_Mario_Man

Unlike the small outposts seen in the previous GTAs, a proper military post is friggen huge. Seeing a full-size one in V would be really impressive.

Since there's a Hydra(?) in the trailer, chances are we'll at least have an airstrip, if not an aircraft carrier.

Yes, they do a lot there, as i love nearby

GrandTheftAuto 5SA
Sure.

But as long as there's no military going after you while having a 6 star wanted level.

that takes away the challenge of getting it and some of the fun