Ned Luke up for the task?

PSFalcon

So, this is something I have thought about for quite some time now. IF, and I say IF, Ned Luke is our protagonist, wouldn't that mean that gyms are basically out? For let's face it, a man of his age can't really improve much on his physic, unlike the gentleman in the red convertible. I would say the same applies to tattoos. It's not likely for him to get any tattoos.

To be honest, this is pretty much a restriction on every aspect of a game like GTA. A man of his age is not cut out to run around chasing younger people in their prime age.

Which makes me believe we might actually see the rumored multiple protagonists. This is, obviously, only speculations from my part. The part above however, is basically just facts.

I think we will hear a different voice in the next trailer.

First of all, we don't even know the age of his character in the game. Ned Luke is 53 years old, but that does not mean that the character he is voicing is of the same age. Personally, the character that is supposedly voiced by Ned Luke looks like he is in his 40s.

I don't understand how people think that someone in his 40s must walk with a cane and is incapable of doing anything really. There are plenty of people who are still incredibly fit within that age category.

So, if Ned Luke's character does indeed turn out to be the protagonist, it wouldn't limit anything.

agreed he dosent seem the type to be running all over and getting ink and stuff i can see the old f*cker in the gym tho.

and being a ladies man but im hoping for either multiple protags by choice or a jump from player to player

and in multi player our choice

gtaalldayallnight

Exactly! since when does a 50 year old man run from cops and look cool cruising the streets. and when does an old man with kids go get hookers? Never and if thats the case, hes a perv and R* Never made a pedo protag

The Nefarious

Maybe the guy is gone into midlife crisis after his divorce and he'll be getting inked up and banging hookers and eight balls like Charlie Sheen (who is 46 by the way). It would certainly explain the blue sports car.. and the black one too.

gtaalldayallnight
Maybe the guy is gone into midlife crisis after his divorce and he'll be getting inked up and banging hookers and eight balls like Charlie Sheen (who is 46 by the way). It would certainly explain the blue sports car.. and the black one too.

naw that would be a boring storyline IMO. either way ill play it because it's gta

Exactly! since when does a 50 year old man run from cops and look cool cruising the streets. and when does an old man with kids go get hookers? Never and if thats the case, hes a perv and R* Never made a pedo protag

Lol, there are plenty of middle-aged men with kids and a wife that go and bang hookers.

I think Jason Statham is in or nearing his 40s and Bruce Willis is another example. Someone staying fit their whole lives and is a "professional" can make a believable protag in GTA5. As for hookers and tats and working out and the like. It adds to the flavor of the game but ultimately is not what is going to keep me busy.

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Wow, this would be like IV, where you beat the game constantly and get bored, and that's when most fans hop right back to GTA:SA. icon14.gif Great thinking but not gonna happen.

So, this is something I have thought about for quite some time now. IF, and I say IF, Ned Luke is our protagonist, wouldn't that mean that gyms are basically out? For let's face it, a man of his age can't really improve much on his physic, unlike the gentleman in the red convertible. I would say the same applies to tattoos. It's not likely for him to get any tattoos.

To be honest, this is pretty much a restriction on every aspect of a game like GTA. A man of his age is not cut out to run around chasing younger people in their prime age.

Which makes me believe we might actually see the rumored multiple protagonists. This is, obviously, only speculations from my part. The part above however, is basically just facts.

I think we will hear a different voice in the next trailer.

I don't know about that, I've seen some pretty good looking and fit older men. lol.gif

user posted image

Edited by GTAlove
user posted image

Lol, there are plenty of middle-aged men with kids and a wife that go and bang hookers.

I hope that if he has a wife, he won't bang any whores. I hated how in L.A. Noire Cole Phelps ended up cheating on his wife without our consent.

user posted image

Wow, this would be like IV, where you beat the game constantly and get bored, and that's when most fans hop right back to GTA:SA. icon14.gif Great thinking but not gonna happen.

Never got bored with IV. The action is what kept me playing. Even in SA.

Spaghetti Cat

naw that would be a boring storyline IMO. either way ill play it because it's gta

tiger blood power-up?

No Image Available

47 years old:

user posted image

Age means nothing.

How natural do you think this guy is?

Besides, giving examples of people in their 40's and fit doesn't really prove our middle aged guy is fit enough. When I look at the trailer, I don't think he looks fit at all.

Harwood Butch3r

47 years old:

user posted image

Age means nothing.

Or this guy..

user posted image

65 years old and I guarantee is more fit than some of the "youngins" on here.

People need to open their eyes. From what is shown of the guy who most people think is the protagonist he doesn't look like he'll have a heart attack from running from the cops.

He looks to be in great shape. I think it's about time we play someone who's 40+. Niko, Johnny and Tommy were all in their 30s and John was too in RDR. Hell Ezio is going to be over 50 in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

R* aren't going to give us some World War II veteran to play as.

Edited by Miamivicecity

Remember this character only has an image or likeness to Ned Luke. R* could make him shoot webs of any size out of his penis and swing from building to building if they so desired. Doing all the normal GTA stuff should be no sweat.

Sam Fisher is supposedly in his 40's-early 50's. He's ripped and fit.

I, like what has been said before, don't know why everyone assumes 40-50 year olds are feeble old men.

47 years old:

user posted image

Age means nothing.

Or this guy..

user posted image

People need to open their eyes. From what is shown of the guy who most people think is the protagonist he doesn't look like he'll have a heart attack from running from the cops.

He looks to be in great shape. I think it's about time we play someone who's 40+. Niko, Johnny and Tommy were all in their 30s and John was too in RDR. Hell Ezio is going to be over 50 in Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Stallone takes a sh*t ton of HGH and Steroids.

Harwood Butch3r
Also the scene where he kicks open the door to the jewerly store. He looks pretty in shape to me.

That can't be right. He's too "old" and would just break his hip in the process.

confused.gif

to be honest people, who are you gonna be more scared of in a fight,,,,

some 25 year old dickhead or....

some massive older 40-50 year old c*nt.....

this possible protag, and the guy on max payne 3 look like they could beat the living sh*t out of CJ, or Luis, or tommy vercetti....

and i swear the main character on the lost and the damned, was also old... pretty damn old. grey beard if i remember correctly.

Also the scene where he kicks open the door to the jewerly store. He looks pretty in shape to me.

That can't be right. He's too "old" and would just break his hip in the process.

confused.gif

Ha ha. And then the rest of the game will be Grand Theft Wheelchair.

47 years old:

user posted image

Age means nothing.

Or this guy..

user posted image

Stallone takes a sh*t ton of HGH and Steroids.

Maybe the protag does too?

My next door neighbor.

When they are someone like De Niro from the movie Heat.

Also, there are at least 2 people I know that are late 40's, early 50's that could give a twentysomething more than a run for his money. Actually one of them I know could tear your head off (he is ex special forces).

Also, most women in the GTA world always come across as being late twenties, early thirties. So its hardly being a perv or a pedo.