must-have freeware

Law0070

well, I just installed my new laptop and there's still quite some programs left to install...now I wonder, do you guys have any (free) programs you consider a "must" on your pc? if so, share! we might find them useful.

what i tend to install on every pc/laptop: CCleaner, Notepad++, Paint.NET, OpenOffice (yes), Mozilla Firefox (duh) and VLC Media player

which are yours? I might make a list with programs and links to get them from.

//edit by Wolf68k

All of this is covered in the The Freeloaders Topic: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=419566

Edited by Wolf68k

Spybot and SpywareBlaster for immunization

Malwarebytes and Spybot for ad/spy/malware scanning and removal

A good antivirus (duh)

When reinstalling OSX the only piece of freeware I install is Firefox. Other than that I have Office 2011 and various Adobe programs installed.

Pinnacle Videospin of course. For all movie creators of youtube. Just like nero or a few other movie makers. But 100% free.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Pinnacle Videospin of course. For all movie creators of youtube. Just like nero or a few other movie makers. But 100% free.

"must have" means something that everyone must use, not just those with a need for.

If you're into video editing and need something that's free, then maybe this is a good choice. However if you're not then it's not a "must have" thing.

A web browser (other than IE), a media player, document editor (like MS Office but free in this case), anti-virus and so on; these are things that everyone must have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure someone would want to check it out. I didn't even know about so it's a nice thing for me to keep in mind for the next time I talk to someone with that need, that is to go long with all of the other choice I usually give.

actually no one came up with winrar confused.gif something everyone could use ^^

and I think it's better people get redirected to the thread posted by supreme, and said thread could be pinned again

YankeesPwnMets
actually no one came up with winrar confused.gif something everyone could use ^^

and I think it's better people get redirected to the thread posted by supreme, and said thread could be pinned again

WinRAR is shareware, not freeware....

Instead of WinRAR, I suggest 7Zip

You're right everyone should go here http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=419566

So for that I will close this.

As for it being un/pinned, I'm not the one that unpinned it and I don't know why it was unpinned.