Better Police Arrest's

MarkMck1994

Just something that annoys me when I am in "Citizen" mode in GTA

In GTA IV, occasionally you would see a Police Officer chasing down a member of public, with their guns drawn. It was always one police officer, even if the foot chase thundered past other Police Colleges on foot, they would continue to stroll down the road, as if they were high in Marijuana, again for other Colleagues in Cruisers, they would still be sitting in the car with no care in the world.

Its a little thing that has always irritated me, especially when they do not get caught cause the pursuing police officer weigh's the same as a freight train.

Also if and when the Officer makes an arrest he points his gun and usually say a stupid sentence in a calm and relaxed tone, is if they only had to run several meters like "Stolen Credit Cards, Eh?!" and the guy casually waits with his hands in the air until another Police Car arrives and they both get inside it... (I have also followed the Police car before, it just continues its driving cycle instead of actually heading to a Police Station)

I want to see Police Cars and other Officers joining in on the chase when it thunders past them, instead of sitting about...

I also want to see Police Officers actually in a struggle with arresting people like the video below presents.

It would just add that sense of real life to the game confused.gif

id like 4 the police 2 not turn their guns on the player if we just happen 2 shOOt the suspect trying 2 help their fat asses out. usually that means ive killed the suspect & now i must murk the cop since hes trying 2 arrest me.

Just something that annoys me when I am in "Citizen" mode in GTA

In GTA IV, occasionally you would see a Police Officer chasing down a member of public, with their guns drawn. It was always one police officer, even if the foot chase thundered past other Police Colleges on foot, they would continue to stroll down the road, as if they were high in Marijuana, again for other Colleagues in Cruisers, they would still be sitting in the car with no care in the world.

Its a little thing that has always irritated me, especially when they do not get caught cause the pursuing police officer weigh's the same as a freight train.

Also if and when the Officer makes an arrest he points his gun and usually say a stupid sentence in a calm and relaxed tone, is if they only had to run several meters like "Stolen Credit Cards, Eh?!" and the guy casually waits with his hands in the air until another Police Car arrives and they both get inside it... (I have also followed the Police car before, it just continues its driving cycle instead of actually heading to a Police Station)

I want to see Police Cars and other Officers joining in on the chase when it thunders past them, instead of sitting about...

I also want to see Police Officers actually in a struggle with arresting people like the video below presents.

It would just add that sense of real life to the game confused.gif

Lol it's the little things like this that can make the game great, i also agree with you.

you follow police cars around in video games?

you're pretty cool

And you make sarcastic, unfunny and pointless comments over the Internet. You're really cool.

I agree with you tbh, there are times when I've seen police chasing people and I'll help the police and for example hit the criminal with a bat or punch him, and then sometimes get a wanted level. I guess this in real life would warrant you an arrest, but come on its GTA

I remember when you got $50 for helping a cop by punching a guy to the ground... ah the times of the GTA III era...

I remember when you got $50 for helping a cop by punching a guy to the ground... ah the times of the GTA III era...

LOL yeah remember that also! "Good Citizen" bonus or something!

you follow police cars around in video games?

you're pretty cool

And you make sarcastic, unfunny and pointless comments over the Internet. You're really cool.

I agree with you tbh, there are times when I've seen police chasing people and I'll help the police and for example hit the criminal with a bat or punch him, and then sometimes get a wanted level. I guess this in real life would warrant you an arrest, but come on its GTA

I Know that really irritates me... just trying to help out god damn it!

I also agree with your points, in addition i would like to see the good citizen bonus return and the option to make a citizens arrest if a cop is chasing a suspect and you dive on him.

spaceeinstein

You're saying that as if that featured existed on more than one game...

I think vigilantism is not appreciated in the real world, so I don't think trying to help the police should be beneficial to you. As usual with every major GTA releases, it is always better to have more advanced AI interactions of criminals with the cops and with each other. Having criminals struggle with the police is a cool idea. The more variety, the better.

Edited by spaceeinstein

It shouldnt be fully realistic. It should be GTA style.

-Criminal runs

-Cop runs after criminal, shouting funny things at the criminal

-Criminal shouts funny things back at cop

-Cop catches up with criminal and beats him with Baton, again saying funny things

-Cop car pulls up and cops get out and put cuffs on him

-Criminal is put in police car

-Car arrives at station, criminal and cop enter station, cop says one last funny thing before entering...

grope_4_that_date

Totally agree with you. The Police AI and Wanted Level system in GTAV has to change as much as the physics did in GTA IV. The police need to arrest/chase you. No more unrealistic gun shots for bumping a police truck. The Wanted Level System

id like 4 the police 2 not turn their guns on the player if we just happen 2 shOOt the suspect trying 2 help their fat asses out. usually that means ive killed the suspect & now i must murk the cop since hes trying 2 arrest me.

In SA or VC, can't remember which one, didn't you get rewarded for taking down the suspect being chased? Something like $50?

Vegetarian Piranha

what i find funny is when they have killed you they continue unloading their clips into you

yes, i think police should behave in a much more realistic way... they should improve the AI a lot.

speeding i dont think they should respond to, but when we crash into them, and they chase us.. we should be able to pull over and they either give us a ticket or a verbal warning.

police should be less quick to shoot you to death i think, i gets annoying. they should handcuff us, we should be able to struggle out and run, but if they manage to, they should take us to their car.

The police AI, isn't the only thing that needs to be revamped. The entire way civilian AI's operate with one another, is needed.

I simply pushed a suspect down because with great minority power comes great minority responsibility and then the cops turned on me and ignored the dude.

The police AI, isn't the only thing that needs to be revamped. The entire way civilian AI's operate with one another, is needed.

true, people are idiots on GTA, when people drop their phone / bags / coffee, they dont even pick it up... when u put people at gun point, then run off screaming, up then turn back run down.. its all ridiculous

the reason cops are dumb on IV is because it makes fun of modern cops. Like some say "hey stupid! Im a cop!" or "i can get away with anything i want coz im a cop bucko". It makes fun of how cops abuse the privileges and most think they can do whatever (like run red lights and such). GTA always does that, makes fun of stuff. It also makes fun of cops like "get on your knees and spread em". Thats a term showing how cops can be. And there also hypocrites, you run someone over and get in trouble but they run someone over and nothing happens. They also need to bring back the thing from GTA LCS where when a cop is chasing a criminal you can fight the criminal and you wont get in trouble and instead get $50 as a good citizen bonus.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

You're saying that as if that featured existed on more than one game...

I think vigilantism is not appreciated in the real world, so I don't think trying to help the police should be beneficial to you. As usual with every major GTA releases, it is always better to have more advanced AI interactions of criminals with the cops and with each other. Having criminals struggle with the police is a cool idea. The more variety, the better.

Actually in New Zealand, if a cop is in need and you do not help, you can be charged and arrested.

There was something on our New Channels about it, if a criminal is running from a cop and it looks like the criminal is getting way, the public is meant to help the police.

Going out and determining what is a Crime etc is not right, you are only allowed to "help" cops in an active chase i.e. You cant just walk up to someone and knock them to the ground because they are smoking weed, that would get you arrested.

Thats how it sorta worked in GTA VC, if you punched someone infront of a cop, you'd get one star, if you punched someone running away from a cop, you get good citizen, if you overkill and keep beating up the guy, you'd get one star.

FlavouredMilk

In GTA IV the trick is just run at the suspect and let Euphoria take over, don't push or punch or shoot, just run into them, it should cause them to trip. The police officers have thanked me before, no cash or anything I don't think just a 'Thanks Bucko... Stolen credit cards, eh?'

Just knock them over with momentum, that's how you can help in IV.

true, people are idiots on GTA, when people drop their phone / bags / coffee, they dont even pick it up... when u put people at gun point, then run off screaming, up then turn back run down.. its all ridiculous

I Know, the AI in the game was pash. Another thing with the Police that annoyed me was sometimes they would be walking down the street with their pistol in their hand...

HOLSTER IT YOU FAT IMBECILE!