Next trailer

RobbiSig

What do you guys think is the longest Rockstar might have us wait for the next trailer?

I looked it up and the trailers for GTAIV had these dates:

1st: 29th march 2007(3 months until next)

2nd: 28th june 2007(6 months until next)

3rd: 6th december 2007(4 months until next)

4th: 27th march 2008(month until release)

1 year 2 months from 1st trailer to release. if we were talkin' the same for GTA5 it would have a release date of 2nd january 2013 and if we consider the delay GTA4 had of 6 months we are looking at a June release??

What are your speculations on this?

*Edited

Edited by RobbiSig

Keep in mind, GTA 4 was originally on track for an October 2007 release before getting delayed to April 2008.

Source

So really, it was supposed to be 5-6 mths after the original trailer. As for the next trailer, or next piece of info, I'm assuming a late November/early December release.

Just because.

Edited by Coral_City

I think it would be ambitious to expect a release of a few months. I think the delays only created more hype and build up to which saw GTA IV break all kinds of sales records. I'm pretty sure R* would be happy to repeat the process again.

Early January I think is when we will hear more about GTA V.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

all i know is it better come before a nex gen console comes. Im not and i repeat NOT buying another system again. Ive had 4 xbox 360`s from this gen and all got RROD, and i have 1 ps3 slim and its fine. The ps3 is better anyways, its got better reliability and it has the best storage (blu ray. It holds 50GB on disk, while 360 and wii use 9GB dvd).

Plus sony said there will be no ps4 till 2015 or 2016, but i guess microcrap is making a new xbox and its gonna be on shelves holiday 2012.

(no fan war starter attempts attended. Its just a plastic box with parts. Dont freak out)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

08LasVenturas

I know the DLCs are different than a full game, but when The Ballad of Gay Tony was set to be released, the trailers were all released within 7 days of eachother. Granted the first one premiered on September 1st and the game was released in late October. And obviously a week has passed since the first V trailer, but keep in mind the might have an all new formula on how they release trailers.

I still reckon the next trailer will be out around the end of January or early Febuary with it being released late October/November time next year.

The Nefarious

I'd say the next trailer will either be in December or January. After that I'd say we will get them at 2-3 month intervals.

Trailer is in my opinion asking too much for right now. The real question is when will we get more general information about GTA V?

all i know is it better come before a nex gen console comes. Im not and i repeat NOT buying another system again. Ive had 4 xbox 360`s from this gen and all got RROD, and i have 1 ps3 slim and its fine. The ps3 is better anyways, its got better reliability and it has the best storage (blu ray. It holds 50GB on disk, while 360 and wii use 9GB dvd).

Plus sony said there will be no ps4 till 2015 or 2016, but i guess microcrap is making a new xbox and its gonna be on shelves holiday 2012.

(no fan war starter attempts attended. Its just a plastic box with parts. Dont freak out)

After 4 RROD's you couldn't be criticized if you said you hated the Xbox 360 & Microsoft. Nobody could seriously call you a Sony fanboy.

I bought my Arcade about 4 months before the slim was released (dumb I know) & I do everything I can (from what I've read) to prevent the RROD.

As for the next trailer, I'd say 3-4 months. Then 2 more before its release in 8-9 months

Edited by jamieleng

After 4 RROD's you couldn't be criticized if you said you hated the Xbox 360 & Microsoft. Nobody could seriously call you a Sony fanboy.

I bought my Arcade about 4 months before the slim was released (dumb I know) & I do everything I can (from what I've read) to prevent the RROD.

As for the next trailer, I'd say 4 months. Then 2 more before its release in 8-9 months

I've had my Xbox since Christmas 2006. It was an August 2006 model and only needed the disc drive replaced once. It did RROD one time, but I literally just restarted it and it was fine. It's a great console and works like a charm, I even stored it away for almost an entire year (or was it actually a year?) under my bed, plugged it back up recently, and have had ZERO issues with it. Freezing in a game is nothing to me, especially when it only happens once in a blue moon.

The people who have RROD issues, I say you guys probably shove them into the bottom of an entertainment center, with no ventilation, and play it for hours on end. What do you think is going to happen? Lol.

Lol, I have 1 xbox, 4 years old and it's fine. I think it's your fault.

G1T

who is going to buy the next Xbox, when nobody can afford it straight away, and i hope R* doesn't delay GTA V until then

who is going to buy the next Xbox, when nobody can afford it straight away, and i hope R* doesn't delay GTA V until then

You'd be a sucker to pay full price for a brand new system. If you wait a bit for the upgrades/patches/updates to come out, you'd be better off buying it on sale.

Guessing - January or February....then we'll see another on in the spring / summer

with a release in October. Just basing it off of most GTA's comign out in October.

cool.gif

What do you guys think is the longest Rockstar might have us wait for the next trailer?

1 year 2 months from 1st trailer to release. if we were talkin' the same for GTA5 it would have a release date of 2nd january 2013 and if we consider the delay GTA4 had of 6 months we are looking at a June release??

*Edited

GTA IV was delayed.

'Nuff said.

Bare in mind that GTA IV was delayed, so it might be shorter. Then again, with it being the biggest game Rockstar has made, we'll see.

No clue. I'd say the next one will come out between December 28th and February 12th.

If R* follow the pattern they seem to be making (MP3 trailer, then V trailer two months after), then I agree with those who say early January. Any later and it'd be getting in the way of MP3's advertising.

How long was it between IV`s first trailer, and the website rockstar/iv with the interactive map of the city etc was live?

As for the next trailer, I'd say 4 months. Then 2 more before its release in 8-9 months

I've had my Xbox since Christmas 2006. It was an August 2006 model and only needed the disc drive replaced once. It did RROD one time, but I literally just restarted it and it was fine. It's a great console and works like a charm, I even stored it away for almost an entire year (or was it actually a year?) under my bed, plugged it back up recently, and have had ZERO issues with it. Freezing in a game is nothing to me, especially when it only happens once in a blue moon.

The people who have RROD issues, I say you guys probably shove them into the bottom of an entertainment center, with no ventilation, and play it for hours on end. What do you think is going to happen? Lol.

Never had an RROD, but my first 360 Elite (bought when GTA IV released in April 2008) ultimately died of the E74 error (video card malfunctioning) Luckily, it was still under warranty. This was around the time when Ballad of Gay Tony released, in October 2009. But in May, right around when LA Noire came out; my 360 started experiencing disc drive issues; and now my Xbox won't read any more games nor is under warranty anymore.

I'm obviously not going to buy another one, I rarely even play it. For V, I might shell out to buy a PS3, but I'm more inclined on getting back into PC gaming. Hopefully there's a simultaneous release for PC and consoles.

They said that the next Xbox will be smaller and cheaper than the 360 (not sure wheither they ment the original 360, $200 current, or the slim) but I would have to see what it's capable of before I buy it. If it has like 250gB hard drive, more disk room, better cooling system, and just overall better hardware, I'll prolly buy it.

On topic I think the next trailer will be around the holidays then the game will come out between March and June, because that's when their last 3 games came out.

Does anyone know about the trailers released for RDR and/or LAN? If they follow a similar pattern as the IV trailers or not?

As for the next trailer, I'd say 3-4 months. Then 2 more before its release in 8-9 months

I'm seriously considering getting a PS3 for my next console (my 360 got the RROD). Free online gaming, great support, blue ray, bigger hard drives, better performance* (in theory I guess). The ONLY downside is that I won't have my awesome triggers on the controller. After being a PS1/2 guy, I fell in love with the 360s controller.

*Edited

I trust that Rockstar have learned their lesson when it comes to setting & announcing the release dates for their flagship title. With this game they wanted to make sure they were far enough along in development, before announcing it to the world. That gives me hope that the game might be in the final stages of development.