Textures of Buildings?

pivke

Hello,

at leats I've programmed a ModelViewer for DFF-Files of GTA San Andreas. I've notices that car-textures are stored in the samenamend filenames, with the .txd-extension. So it was easy to find the right texture( for example bobcat.dff - and the matching texturefile bobcat.txd in the same folder ). But now I wanted to render buildings and objects, but there aren't that matching texturefiles. Where did they get store?

For example the first IPL-Entry of the LAe.ipl: "LODpmedhos2_LAe.dff", but where the hell is the matching texture?

Does there maybe exist a texturefile, like an archive with the one textures for a few buildings?

Where do I find the textures from the buildings?

Thanks for response and sorry for my english!

I am not sure but i think in map editor there is when you choosing model there is name of .dff and then name of .txd that means that should be written in .IDE.

I found out everytime txd name matching to some object which i wanted to modify by this method

I am not sure but i think in map editor there is when you choosing model there is name of .dff and then name of .txd that means that should be written in .IDE.

I found out everytime txd name matching to some object which i wanted to modify by this method

Hey you guys,

thank you for your response. I've noticed that there is no info about the texturefile, or where it's placed. The best thing you can do:

-Load all files standing in the IPL

-Load all files standing in the IDE

-Get all subtextures of a texturefile in one "folder"

-Search the textures by name in the folder

That's one crappy thing about the GTA San Andreas Engine. I think they just set the path as global variables, like this:

#define RW_MAPTEXTURES_LAe "data/maps/... /lodhousexyz.txd"

(Not exactly that, but something like this)

Hey Dude,

Yeah it looks like one possibility for it but did u found way how to fix it ? or do what u wanted ?