Take-Two can't commit....

Bitches_Brew

Remember this game called GTA IV? They committed to the original release date only to have it delayed and create a massive amount of disappointment. They won't make that mistake again. T2 is a corporation who is going to be very careful about what they promise their shareholders.

There's still an overwhelming chance it's coming out in 2012 but Rockstar just isn't comfortable giving an exact release date to them yet.

The employee who posted on 4chan mentioned that they weren't going to announce a release date until they were damn well sure they could commit to it...

user posted image

Snake Without a Tongue
They seem to miss the all-important word: "fiscal."

^This. It's definitely not coming out until at least fiscal 2013. Fiscal.

The employee who posted on 4chan mentioned that they weren't going to announce a release date until they were damn well sure they could commit to it...

That "employee" was a troll! tounge.gif

There's still an overwhelming chance it's coming out in 2012 but Rockstar just isn't comfortable giving an exact release date to them yet.

agreed. i just wish they would have at least mentioned the possibility of a 2012 release. them not commenting on the game at all makes me think it's going to be a long wait. sad.gif

agreed. i just wish they would have at least mentioned the possibility of a 2012 release. them not commenting on the game at all makes me think it's going to be a long wait. sad.gif

The longer we will be forced to wait, the better the game will be. It's as simple as that. Give them time to create a masterpiece, don't force them into releasing an unfinished product. It's going to be a masterpiece, after all. Have some patience. And it seems that Take Two has learned from its mistakes, good for them smile.gif

That "employee" was a troll! tounge.gif

I honestly don't think that guy was trolling ,but that's my opinion alien.gif

user posted image

They're less likely to have problems with the PS3 version of the game this time, after all the experience they have. What could be a new wrinkle would be a desire to do a simultaneous PC release like Max Payne 3 is doing. IF they want to do that, they probably don't know if they can yet, and they don't want to announce it one way and then change it.

Oh man you're right. The word 'fiscal' is something they really missed. As soon as I read what you said, I went right back in and CTRL-F'ed "fiscal 2012." This means that guys, T2 is only not committing to before April 2012.

Fiscal 2012:

April 2011-March 2012

Fiscal 2013:

April 2012-March 2013

All this article REALLY says is they're not doing Fiscal 2012/before April 2012. Calm your horses guys. False alarm.

Oh man you're right. The word 'fiscal' is something they really missed. As soon as I read what you said, I went right back in and CTRL-F'ed "fiscal 2012." This means that guys, T2 is only not committing to before April 2012.

Fiscal 2012:

April 2011-March 2012

Fiscal 2013:

April 2012-March 2013

All this article REALLY says is they're not doing Fiscal 2012/before April 2012. Calm your horses guys. False alarm.

I'm a bit confused. This means the game won't be out until sometime after April 2012 right?

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

StickyWickett
I'm a bit confused. This means the game won't be out until sometime after April 2012 right?

Yes. I was listening to the conference yesterday and they were saying how Max Payne 3 is their most anticipated game for fiscal 2012, and will round the end out nicely. MP3 is scheduled to be released in March which means that the fiscal period of April to March is correct. We'll be getting GTA V any time after that, so, if their predicted massive increase in revenue is anything to go by, we can expect it between April 2012 and March 2013.

I'm hoping May 24th still.

"fiscal year" is still pretty vague......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

The U.S. government's fiscal year begins on October 1 of the previous calendar year and ends on September 30 of the year with which it is numbered. Prior to 1976, the fiscal year began on July 1 and ended on June 30. The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 stipulated the change to allow Congress more time to arrive at a budget each year, and provided for what is known as the "transitional quarter" from July 1, 1976 to September 30, 1976. As stated above, the tax year for a business is governed by the fiscal year it chooses.

For example, the United States government fiscal year for 2012 ("FY 2012" or "FY12") is as follows:

1st Quarter: October 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011

2nd Quarter: January 1, 2012 - March 31, 2012

3rd Quarter: April 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012

4th Quarter: July 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012

StickyWickett

"fiscal year" is still pretty vague......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year

The U.S. government's fiscal year begins on October 1 of the previous calendar year and ends on September 30 of the year with which it is numbered. Prior to 1976, the fiscal year began on July 1 and ended on June 30. The Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 stipulated the change to allow Congress more time to arrive at a budget each year, and provided for what is known as the "transitional quarter" from July 1, 1976 to September 30, 1976. As stated above, the tax year for a business is governed by the fiscal year it chooses.

For example, the United States government fiscal year for 2012 ("FY 2012" or "FY12") is as follows:

1st Quarter: October 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011

2nd Quarter: January 1, 2012 - March 31, 2012

3rd Quarter: April 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012

4th Quarter: July 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012

But T2 stated their fiscal year begins in April and ends in March. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=8...8022&highlight=

NEW YORK, Nov 08, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter of its fiscal year 2012, ended September 30, 2011. In addition, the Company reiterated its financial outlook for the fiscal year 2012, ending March 31, 2012, and provided its initial financial outlook for the third quarter ending December 31, 2011.
Edited by StickyWickett

The author of that article, Ben Parfitt is a liar. He makes up some articles that arnt true. He made another article before the trailer was released about interviewing some weird dude in a basement and the interviewee was talking about strange things such as DLCs and other sh*t.

tl;dr

The author of that Ben Parfitt is a bullsh*t artist.

Edited by Dr. Zoidberg

yeah people need to be aware that all this is saying is that they are not gonna be releasing it prior to 31st march 12, which I'm sure noone really expected anyway.

yeah people need to be aware that all this is saying is that they are not gonna be releasing it prior to 31st march 12, which I'm sure noone really expected anyway.

WHAT! i was holding my breath for X-mas. biggrin.gif

at least acording to the link SW provided we can positively expect it by march 2013

With our diverse lineup of industry-leading franchises and focus on operational excellence, we continue to expect fiscal 2012 to be another profitable year for Take-Two on a Non-GAAP basis and fiscal 2013 to be one of our best years ever

there is only one way to have the "best year ever"....... that's with the best game ever.

at least acording to the link SW provided we can positively expect it by march 2013

Yet again, I'm waiting the game to be released in October 2012 since the GTA franchise has always had October as release month.

Beg2Live4Life

And that's why I'm suggesting again that we tie those motherf*cken programmers to their desks until they finish gta v. If I have to wait until 2013 for gta v, I will start a relationship with saints row.

user posted image

I still have a feeling it will be released some time next year. It would make sense to show a trailer and then release the game in over a year. I mean I'm sure that's been done. But not a game in a franchise as popular as GTA.

There is not a single quote in that article. All they've done is taken the Take-two conference information and noticed that they didn't mention anything about the release date (Obviously..) and they've made this stupid article. Ignore it.

If I have to wait until 2013 for gta v, I will start a relationship with saints row.

So what? Nobody loses anything. Especially not R*, who doesn't exactly care about a guy who buys a game made by another company.