Why do people think it's a new era already?

GTAWithStyle

The game is set in LS so even if no charatcers from IV return then it can still be the same universe. People who think it's a new era must think there's a whole new LC out there somewhere that's different to the one in IV. Also... what would've been the point in showing Packie taking a plane out of LC? It is 100% the same era as IV so no one say that it isn't ever again. Thanks

No. There's my answer. NO. You're wrong! WRONG I TELL YOU! Back from where you came, spammer!

New numbers typically mean new era.

agreed. And plus isn't there already a topic like this?

why does there have to be a new Liberty City in order for it to be a new era?

well what makes it a new era? better graphics? as I said even if no characters return you can still choose to believe that Niko Bellic is in LC and you're in LS

Just because it is a new Era, does not mean there won't be characters from the other eras. Very much possible, but not sure how likely it is.

Something tells me some of the IV characters will be in V, but characters from III? Chances are slim.

Just because it is a new Era, does not mean there won't be characters from the other eras. Very much possible, but not sure how likely it is.

Something tells me some of the IV characters will be in V, but characters from III? Chances are slim.

isn't the whole point of a new era to mean that everything from the past games doesn't exists in the new universe?? IV and V are in the same world, I'm sorry but that's just how it is.

In my opinion the only characters from past eras that would return to the V era (IDC what anyone says im calling it a new era) are people from the radio and on TV eg. Lazlow.

The game is set in LS so even if no charatcers from IV return then it can still be the same universe. People who think it's a new era must think there's a whole new LC out there somewhere that's different to the one in IV. Also... what would've been the point in showing Packie taking a plane out of LC? It is 100% the same era as IV so no one say that it isn't ever again. Thanks

New number, new cannon.

Get over it.

If there are chars from other GTAs then the makers have changed the way they treat numerals. It usually means a whole new canon. I personally believe that as creative people R* wont want to recycle chars but create new ones.

Considering we don't have any detail of who is in V it's only right to consider it a new canon

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

wtf people?

What? this is our opinions you have yours and others opinions may be diffrent and some the same. You can't expect everyone to have the same opinion as you.

Edited by thatguy23

New number, new cannon.

Get over it.

This icon14.gif. Here take a cookie.gif

A new era of gta comes every time a GTA title is released on newer gen consoles. As far as I'm concerned, V will be on this gen of consoles, not next gens. V can still take place in IV's era, despite having a different number in the title. When a GTA title is released on next gen consoles, a new era is upon us.

I'm pretty sure this game will have some connection to the last. I think it's safe to presume that Jerry Kapowitz will be present in this game.

I'd like to think it's a new era since the characters don't look goofy like they do in GTA IV. They look more realistic now.

A New Era =/= New Universe, it never has. It just means most of the characters (if not all) from the last Era won't be seen again because it's a new Era.

I think the only reason for calling it GTA "V" is for marketing purposes. Just sounds a lot more of an epic game than if it was called GTA Los Santos.

Or maybe because it was not the full San Andreas map, and only Los Santos, they couldn't call it anything else. Probably going to be other cities in the game and changing Los Santos into being from a different (part of the) state would cause confusion and not make sense.

Edited by GTAknowledge

Harwood Butch3r

New numbers as per GTA III and GTA IV also meant a new generation, but GTA V will be current gen, so???

As I've said a 1000 times before I don't believe R* follow any set formula. If it was called "GTA: Blah, Blah, Blah" would people question whether it's a new era, or not?

I think events/characters from GTA IV will pop up. I'll be surprised if they're not connected in someway.

not always.

GTA 1 had el burro and he returned in GTA 3.

People also say( but not confirmed) that claude from GTA 2 and claude from GTA 3 are the same people. But not confirmed!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

I see GTA V as the first true sequel to a GTA game, that being IV. GTA III never had a sequel. Only prequels. VC was the sequel to VCS, and San Andreas was the sequel to Vice City, then LCS was the sequel to San Andreas, then lastly GTA Advance was the sequel to LCS... then follows GTA III.

GTA V will be the first GTA to bring the series FORWARD instead of BACKWARDS. Not meaning its a start to a new "universe" as I like to call it.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

III's versions of VC and SA may have existed almost unchanged in IV, because the only thing we saw changed was LC. However as stuff from III's LV was seen on the TV in IV, its is highly unlikely that they are in the same universe/cannon/era as V.

It is 100% the same era as IV

It always amuses me when people think things they say are factual when there is no information whatsoever.

OP is a bloody moron, it says V so it's a new era. The whole era thing is just fanmade bullsh*t too, it was never said that someone that appeared in era IV can't be in V too.

It is 100% the same era as IV

It always amuses me when people think things they say are factual when there is no information whatsoever.

Like everyone in this thread is doing?

"This." "I agree" "Get over it" "have a cookie.gif" " icon14.gificon14.gif " blah blah blah

I just posted something similar in anotherthread.

But what if they want us to forget about era's now. Just focus on their stories.

It gives them freedom to move on from LC VC and all that, they could start giving us completely new cities and keep any returning characters they want. Infact i'd say thats the only way they can progress the series now.

They may just stick with sequals and corresponding DLC.

Lets face it, the graphics may be able to be polished up a bit on the next gen consoles, but they're pretty perfect as they are, you know?

There won't be a massive change like there was between III and IV.

I think we should stop complaining like we all know what we're talking about and just accept that it's R*'s rules and we just play by them.

Edited by Chukkles

Shayan Shaffey

New numbers=New era, new cannon.

It's not that hard to understand.

Also R* confirmed the Eras in an interview, the link is somewhere in GTW.

user posted image