backseat moderators..

Dourvas

this is a message to the REAL mods and admins

can you please do something about the backseat FAKE mods?

i see users that have 1.500 posts and their 1.000 is about ''use the seatch funtion '' or '' this is pointless''

if you are an admin SURE lock my topic

or warn me

but this is getting out of hand...

please consider some form of punishment to these people. i dont think i am the only one that agrees with that

No, it's not.

Mods and admins have lives too, they're not 24/7 on the forums.

There are members in the forum that are actually helpful, if someone has posted in the wrong section you should report and inform them, or let a staff member deal with it but you shouldn't just let it like that.

There is a difference between being helpful and being a backseat moderator.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

No, it's not.

Mods and admins have lives too, they're not 24/7 on the forums.

There are members in the forum that are actually helpful, if someone has posted in the wrong section you should report and inform them, or let a staff member deal with it but you shouldn't just let it like that.

There is a difference between being helpful and being a backseat moderator.

also there is a difference between the REPORT button and the typical '' use the search function'' post dont you agree?

leik oh em jeez!

The moderators have a hard enough time dealing with hundreds of reports a day. They don't have time to PM each member to tell them to use the search function next time, keep track of users repeatedly breaking rules, read through all of the reported topics and posts, and still enjoy the forum. Be considerate.

The problem is that some members seem to just sit in the V section padding their post count by posting "Use ----- thread", or "This has been posted a million times, use search function" et cetera, without actually contributing anything and/or reporting.

Some even get into huge spammy arguments about how they're helping, which is pretty hilariously stupid.

38773_s.gif

Backseat moderation is becoming a bit of an issue in the V forum. At the moment, we're swamped drowning, especially on weekends when the kids flood this place. While those who are doing it probably have good intentions in mind, it gets a bit annoying at times, especially when you see someone who is trying to help but they're pointing someone in the wrong direction for example. Users should always report a topic and let us (staff) deal with it rather then handling it themselves. That said though, if people know what they're talking about, I don't mind them trying to help out by simply posting a link.

Edited by Ryan

I almost agree with you.

Here's what you can do. If you see someone backseat modding in an extraordinarily rude manner or suspiciously often, report their post. The official GTANet policy on spam is "report it, and DON'T POST", so if they're just looking to postcount++, then we'll toss a reminder/warning their way.

oVAzxRq.png

My bad experience with moderators, just happened a minute ago. I tried to spread the word of some protest and get GTAFORUM.com join the protest by doing one simple thing. My topic got locked, the content removed and that's it. Seems like the moderator wasn't even bothered to click the link I gave but just locked it because it probaly "looked suspicious". whatsthat.gif

I think a member pointing out that the topic is already been covered, is in the wrong section, etc. is just being friendly and helpful. I've reported many posts but I've reported and posted in the thread informing the OP numerous times. Not because I want to be a 'backseat' mod. I was a mod on another forum and seeing how bad this place can get it's the last thing on my mind. I just hate pointless threads and like to help when I can.

I think people who do that are much more acceptable than the "inb4lock" crowd.

My bad experience with moderators, just happened a minute ago. I tried to spread the word of some protest and get GTAFORUM.com join the protest by doing one simple thing. My topic got locked, the content removed and that's it. Seems like the moderator wasn't even bothered to click the link I gave but just locked it because it probaly "looked suspicious". whatsthat.gif

You're advertising something, which is against the rules.

You must listen to the moderators and admins. There here for a reason. People can "backseat" mod, nothings gonna really stop em. You complaining does nothing and only a moderator/admin will do something. Ive seen what your talking about, it dont bug me. The people are just trying to help.

You must listen to the moderators and admins. There here for a reason. People can "backseat" mod, nothings gonna really stop em. You complaining does nothing and only a moderator/admin will do something. Ive seen what your talking about, it dont bug me. The people are just trying to help.

i admit i backseat mod, but i do it cause im tired of the newbies, trolls and people who post the SAME TOPIC OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It gets tiring, i feel bad for the moderators. There needs to be more. I think SLAMMAN should be a moderator...

Edited by ccrogers15
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Considering Slamman has hundreds of warnings and has already been banned once, his chances of becoming a mod are basically none.

I think SLAMMAN should be a moderator...

I think you need a brain scan to check for a tumor. Also, forced sterilization wouldn't hurt you either.

clEsyRO.gif

I think SLAMMAN should be a moderator...

PHCharls should be made a mod before Slamman.

i admit i backseat mod, but i do it cause im tired of the newbies, trolls and people who post the SAME TOPIC OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. It gets tiring, i feel bad for the moderators. There needs to be more. I think SLAMMAN should be a moderator...

That is a terrible suggestion. As stated before, the guy has received numerous warnings and temp bans. That sort of character is not ever going to become a moderator. Pretty much the opposite of that.

usZpdN9.png

You're a sh*t troll.

You're a sh*t troll.

not a troll actually lol. I was giving suggestions.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

You're a sh*t troll.

No really, stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Not an example, but a mistake. Telling people what to do and helping them to get to the correct topics it's fine to be done by regular members but not the way he did it - swearing and shouting.

Edited by miromiro

Dead (Retired)

grope_4_that_date

Slamman may not be an Admin or Moderator, but he is universally known. Plus, he has -7,750 posts (that's gotta be a forum record). Slamman

OT: I have no problem with 'backseat' moderators. Usually they have the right idea. However, they could be a little more respectful, but hey this is the internet. As long as they keep it 'G', that's fine by me.

grope_4_that_date
Plus, he has -7,750 posts (that's gotta be a forum record).

Na.

How does Jelly have -8,388,577 posts?

Plus, he has -7,750 posts (that's gotta be a forum record).

Na.

How does Jelly have -8,388,577 posts?

It's a miracle!

Just kidding, time-machine.

38773_s.gif

You're a sh*t troll.

BA. You know what/where it is.

On-topic: In some of the posts you're mistakening backseat moderating with a friendly warning. Saying "Please use the search button, there are more topics like this" (and actually link to them) isn't considered backseat moderating, at least in my opinion, just being helpful. Now "Use the f*cking search function!" (not only backseat moderating but also useless profanating) or "Locked!" said by a normal member, that's backseat moderating. These are my 2c though, it depends a lot.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

I agree that making a post saying "Locked" is garbage and post-whorish. It just adds to the mess.

usZpdN9.png

• 2 weeks later...

There's a difference between asking that someone use a search button rather than writing f*cking annoying topics that we see at least 3-4 times a day, and actually backseat moderating. Example of backseat moderating:

Me: I hate black people

Dickintheass1: WTF MAN U RACIST RACISM IS NOT WELCOME ON THIS FORUM THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED YOU ARE BANNED

Moderator: Dickintheass1 is banned for being a backseat moderating c*nt, and Irviding, I agree, I hate them too. We can't discuss this on the public forums though, let's take it to PM. White power, my brother.

^That, is backseat moderating. Get over yourself and stop bitching about your writing of retarded threads and getting yelled at by members who don't want to see them.