Needs some Advice

gtamodder121

GUYS I HAVE A LAPTOP FROM ASUS WHICH IS K52F AND I NEED SOME ADVICE FOR THE POSSIBILITY TO IF I UPGRADE THE CPU FROM I3 TO I7 (THE LIMIT IS I5) IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IT'S STILL GOING TO WORK?

BTW CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME TIPS ON HOW TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE FOR GTA IV (OPTIONAL)

AND I WILL BUY A PC (PART BY PART SPECIFICALLY) WHAT PARTS CAN YOU TELL ME THAT WORKS AWESOME AND PLAY GTA IV MEDIUM TO HIGH (NOT HIGHEST) THAT WILL COST LESS THAN $700-LESS

Back off the Caps-Lock, it means you're shouting...for no reason, I might add.

As for Asus, more flexibility then most laptops or computers since they build boards for people like HP/Compaq.

I would personally look at CPUs available on eBay listed with tags to your system, use your model number to see what people are experienced with and reporting on, prior to you, they may document in that fashion

The socket type, chipset and Front Side Bus is something taken into account. I've tried matching PGA/LGA with upgrades and the machine will simply not boot if it's the wrong CPU, no damage will occur, You will need to obtain the CPU you want to swap and disassemble it to the CPU socket of course

Assuming you could upgrade it at all, I'd find it doubtful that you can use an i7. The specs at ASUS's website only list a set few CPUs that they offer in that laptop.

Intel® Core™ i5 430M/450M/520M/540M Processor

Intel® Core™ i3 330M/350M/370M Processor

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core P6000 Processor

Source: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Pe...#specifications

Keep in mind this isn't like replacing a desktop's CPU where you can easily open the case and jump straight in. For this type of project you'll be seriously opening up the case, taking out a lot of screws and you need to make sure you know where every screw came from so you can put them back correctly. Then there is the heatsink itself. It's possible that the heatsink included was meant for that CPU, so putting a CPU that naturally runs hotter can cause issues.

Frankly unless you know what you're doing I wouldn't try this.

Also keep in mind the warranty; if it's still under warranty then this will certainly void it.