Special Treatmant

mrmojo_prime

Would you buy a specialedition of GTA V?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a specialedition of GTA V?

• YES, I like extra shiny stuff!
    • NO, the games enough for me!
    • CONTENT, depends on the goods in it.
    • PRICE, if it's cheap enough sure.

It seems every games developer worth their salt these days is releasing some sort of Special, Ultimate, Collectors, Editions, of their products. Is all this added fluff really worth the sometimes hefty price hikes over the standard game. If GTA V came in a Special Edition with art books, soundtracks, statuettes, what have you, would this make you more inclined to buy it or is the game the only content you'r after.

some examples

Including price differences(US) and content.

Skyrim:

Xbox360

Standard price: $59.99(Amazon)

Special edition: $149.99(Amazon)

Content: Map, Dragon Statuette, Art book, Making of DVD.

user posted image

With a price hike like that I'm surprised it's not gold plated!

Batman: Arkham City

PS3

Standard price: $51.99(Amazon)

Special edition: $99.99(Amazon)

Content:steelbox's, Exclusive DLC, A Batman Statuette, Art book, Soundtrack, Gothem Knight DVD.

user posted image

Good content good price, but unless Batman himself delivers it I would not buy it.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Xbox360

Standard price: $56.99(Amazon)

Special edition: $170.00(Amazon)

Content: Art disc, Ingame content, Steelbox, sketch book

user posted image

The price must include delivery by Seal team 6

Three games all kinds of content is that worth the sometime massive price increase. So would you buy a Spacial edition of GTA V what would it take to get you to buy it, Special content, Price, Exclusive DLC's. Discuss your Ideas, your ultimate GTA V Special edition, Content you think fits a GTA game, and so on.

Don't forget to vote

Edited by mrmojo_prime

This is definitely a game where I will be getting a special edition. Not only that I'll be getting the game on each platform day 1. So I plan to have every edition of the game.

leik oh em jeez!

Off topic: There was a thread about this a few days ago, but as I remember it wasn't organized worth sh*t, or well thought out. This one is both, so in my opinion, this should become the main topic. (I think the other one was locked, so it doesn't matter much anyways...)

On topic: I got GTA IV's PS3 Special Edition on release day, and then bought the PC copy a few weeks after it came out. After a while I eventually sold my PS3 and GTA IV with it, but kept all of the SE items that came with it. If V's release is also consoles first, I'll do the same thing except buy the 360 version instead.

Maybe PC will also get a special edition this go around?

Most special and limited editions are not worth it. It's a trick the developers and publishers use to sell the same product while enticing you with the promise of shiny irrelevant things. I would recommend on not buying into their ruse.

leik oh em jeez!

Nonsense. I still use my duffle bag, and I locked GTA IV in the lock box to stop my brother from playing it while I was working or off with my girlfriend. And I've still got my keys on the R* key chain.

Nonsense. I still use my duffle bag, and I locked GTA IV in the lock box to stop my brother from playing it while I was working or off with my girlfriend. And I've still got my keys on the R* key chain.

I said 'most', not 'all'. Case in point, the GTA IV limited edition was a pretty good one that actually was worth it.

leik oh em jeez!

Very much so. Even the box is still used to store old fans and Pentium III CPUs in my closet.

The game is certainly going to be enough for me. I don't generally like getting special editions of games as I would get a whole lot of other stuff that would really just be collecting dust under my bed as I don't simply have the space to put stuff, and I will probably only have enough money to buy the standard edition of the game anyway. If I do get the special edition of Grand Theft Auto V, it would be because of the art book as it would always interesting to look at - but it isn't anything I couldn't view online anyway. Just my opinion.

RE9mJnf.png

Zero Toler4nce

I'd say paying for a special edition is wayyyy worth it... For example Forza Motorsport 4... I spent the most money I have EVER spent buying that game... Almost 90 bucks American on it... Reason why was content... I wanted to be at the top of my game with all of the DLC and plus its a big name title... I didn't pay for it because of the metal case and the book... Just content... If R* decides to put out a special edition with extra DLC yeah I damn well sure am going to spend the extra money on it! Big titles these days to me having all of the content is important... I can't stand being without... Makes me jealous. So yeah... If they come out with one that has some type of gaming content on it or something yeah I'm buying it... If not and its just some dumb book or something else that doesn't have anything to do with the game play then NAY... I'll pass and just buy the regular...

Limited Edition for SURE!

Some games have crappy ones, but GTA IV was freaking awesome, still use the lock box etc, Art book was awesome, but the other stuff is being preserved! lol

Probably not. Unless by then I have excessive amounts of money to spend (Not going to happen...) Then I won't be getting it. I'll be lucky if I even have something to play the game on by then tounge.gif

any game manufacturer can f*ck off with these special editions. Holding stuff back from normal versions so people who pay more get more. Greedy greedy c**ts. I REALLY hope GTA doesn't go down this route. I'm looking at you Assassin's Creed.

The route of getting a little statue, or a flashdrive, or a hoody is fine. THATS a special edition.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

i really NEED every gta game for my collection. but i dont need extra stuff.

when ever i come across a cheep copy (new) after release i buy it so i can use the posters/maps for my office. officer tenpenny poster looks great.

i thought i was a proper gta fanboy but i am starting to realise i am barely a fan at all compared to what some other fans do.

Probably not. Unless by then I have excessive amounts of money to spend (Not going to happen...) Then I won't be getting it. I'll be lucky if I even have something to play the game on by then tounge.gif

Same here. I've started saving for an Xbox so hopefully I'll have one by the time GTA comes out. Unfortunately, this also means that I probably won't have the money for the special edition. Still, I'll be more than happy with the game itself biggrin.gif

Dudesig.png

Not for me. I don't want an Ezio or batman figure, and a shiny box for an extra £40 - 50. As for the IV S.E, I would not have payed extra for a bag, lock box and key chain, if it is something you need, then you will probably end up paying just a few £/$ more than you would have so IV's would not be too bad in that case.

Dijital Binali

It depends on the content. If they put a book, a real f*cking book that tells about Los Santos, the characters' background, the wapons, the radio stations, etc. and also a variety of posters that includes a huge map of the city in a shiny metal box; I will give up smoking to raise the money for that thing.

On the other hand, firms usually don't bring that kind of stuff to Turkey; since most of the people doesn't care about these features. And I can't order it from e-bay, since it will probably cost more than €75 without the taxes.

It depends on the content. If they put a book, a real f*cking book that tells about Los Santos, the characters' background, the wapons, the radio stations, etc. and also a variety of posters that includes a huge map of the city in a shiny metal box; I will give up smoking to raise the money for that thing.

On the other hand, firms usually don't bring that kind of stuff to Turkey; since most of the people doesn't care about these features. And I can't order it from e-bay, since it will probably cost more than €75 without the taxes.

I like the idea of a 'pseudo' short novel/story so-to-speak, potentially from the protagonists point of view (especially if he is an older/more experienced 'criminal) detailing some of his former acquaintances/activities. However, the usual things they include are menial items that I would never see fit to use or keep with me, so unless they try an 'out of the box' approach, no I wouldn't support nor buy a GTA V Special Edition set.

Depends on the content, really. And the price of course. No way I would buy a limited edition for $180, but $99 or lower seems reasonable to me, providing it contains more than just an artbook and a steel case.

the 3 examples of special edition the OP posted, are f*cking pathetic.....

whoever buys those seriously needs to look at their life and what it has become.

I only buy special editions for behind the scenes material.

Unfortunatly Rockstar is pretty much against showing it (IV artbook was a joke, 90% of it was promotional art and renders of in-game objects), so I won't buy it.

Some good points there.

Personally I tend to skip the special edition's of games becuase the price increase over the standard edition can be steep for the sometimes little extra content you get.

Although I do have a Master Chief head in my garage some where biggrin.gif

It really depends on what it comes with. I may have enough to buy the Special/Limited Edition (first SE/LE if I did) as it's normally around $149.99, but I need to know what it comes with. If it's going to come with a soundtrack filled with like 8 songs, that's probally +$5 (at best). Now you're gonna add a panorama of all of GTA V that I can hang on my wall. Cool, I'd pay about $10-20 (best-20). Oh, you're also going to add immediate access to all weapons from the start of the game. I don't want to spoil the game like that; I'll use it in a second or third playthrough to test though. I'd pay about $10 for that. I can think of a lot of other things but R* would seriously have to add a lot of things for me to pay this much.

Nonetheless, if it's good enough, I'll pay for a Special Edition of GTA V.

StellarFish20

I'd probably just buy the game, unless something really cool was included in the special edition.

Triple Penetration
the 3 examples of special edition the OP posted, are f*cking pathetic.....

whoever buys those seriously needs to look at their life and what it has become.

Those three games are pathetic.

Look how nowadays have degraded.

P.S. I'm wondering where the original stuff from CoD special editions went, I remember night vision googles and a rc buggy for past games, but MW3 (looks like a dyslexic BMW) doesn't have that.

user posted image

NO. the games more than enough 4 me. a keychain or s'thing small would be nice if included in the base game.

special edition games are usually geared 2ward collectors. america already has enough hoarders out there collecting useless memorabilia.

Vegetarian Piranha
The route of getting a little statue. THATS a special edition.

thats the sort of special edition i like, also wouldnt mind starting a collection of gaming statues they look awesome.