SOTW #22

UNRATED69

user posted image

Hey y'all, and welcome to the official GTAForums Signature of the Week competition!

Congratulations to last week's winner, VideoPoker, who created this AMAZING signature.

user posted image

The top 3 results were:

1. VideoPoker 25 pts

2. ska 17 pts

3. Rokas. 15 pts

For those that haven't heard, SOTW is a weekly competition where GTAF artists create signatures following a specific theme, and then the community votes on the winner.

The victor receives bragging rights for that week, and a bowl of Lucky Charms.

The theme this week is:

Animals

The deadline for entry is Friday, November 11th.

user posted image

ManDog, your signature is oversized. And if you don't mind me asking, what the f*ck is that?

IDK, i was sooo bored, and sooo tired, i'm also sh*t at making .gifs.

Most of us won't be wearing them, so what's the problem?

I kind of defeats the purpose of having a Signature of the Week competition if it can't be worn as a signature, regardless of whether or not it is. The dimensions rule is enforced, so why not the file size one as well?

user posted image

Voting time? tounge.gif

And i think we should only stick with the signature size, since many others in the past didn't put it to 80 kb to be exact.

sh*t, guys, sorry I'm so late!

user posted image

Made from scratch. No mouth whatsoever because I couldn't make it right.

Sorry, it's fine if you don't want to add it into the voting thread. confused.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

blitz, because I'm nice I'll accept you into the voting thread this time. smile.gif

No more entries will be accepted.

And i think we should only stick with the signature size, since many others in the past didn't put it to 80 kb to be exact.

Well then we should change the title to "under 500x150 pixel image of the week", because they aren't actually signatures anymore.

38773_s.gif

I've always thought the 80kb limit was part of the rules anyway. I disqualified my own entry in #20 because it was about 160kb.

user posted image

I've always thought the 80kb limit was part of the rules anyway. I disqualified my own entry in #20 because it was about 160kb.

It's a great competition, but it just seems to defeat its own purpose. confused.gif

In my opinion, it should be an actual signature of the week competition, as in "you can wear it".

Not trying to knock anyones work, they all did a great, if not fantastic job, but I think the signature rules force you to think more creatively.

38773_s.gif

I'm fine with being disqualified this time around considering my signature is well over the size limit. I know there have already been votes cast, but I'm sure we can figure something else out.

7FTgFLB.png

I'm fine with being disqualified this time around considering my signature is well over the size limit. I know there have already been votes cast, but I'm sure we can figure something else out.

I almost hate to bring up the whole rules factor simply because of some of the awesome sh*t you guys have come up with (seriously, yours was especially badass, if that sh*t was within forum rules, I'd want to rock that), but I just think it should be legit sigs, since it is a sig comp after all.

Actually, I think it could work, if it's part of the theme, for example: Theme = Lasers (no file size restrictions)

That way, if the creator wants, they can enforce a limit, such as the forum rules, but if they want it more open, they can have it that way.

I figure if it's done right, it will allow more freedom while still keeping things competitive.

Just thinking out loud.

38773_s.gif