Who would like to see politics play a part in V?

PHARKIN CHERKOV

PHARKIN CHERKOV

You align yourself with a Mexican drug cartel and by doing so, you are able to sell drugs with a system similar to Chinatown Wars. You oversee the drugs being sold and receive a steady flow of income or you could align yourself with a Russian syndicate and receive weapons instead though if you double-cross any said group, they'll come after you.

One scenario would be say you're working with a Russian criminal syndicate that supplies you with weapons and drugs, this contact makes it possible to get sh*t like RPGs, a sh*tload of Glocks and AK-47s to arm you or your crew with, a steady flow of income through a drug dealing system that is set up similar to Chinatown Wars' then out of nowhere, your hot-headed brother comes in and starts causing problems with your business.

He ends up killing an important member of said Russian syndicate so you have the options of sticking with your brother, losing your income and weapons or go along with the Russian organization by killing your brother in an emotional scene to keep the money, drugs and guns coming. I would love that so, so much.

If you kill your brother, you lose a sense of yourself in the process, your character starts regretting it, you gain the respect of your crew and the criminal world looks at you as someone who is ruthless and is not to be messed with. Going the other route and you essentially start a war with the Russian mob, you lose your guns, income and lose the respect of your crew and they leave you, forcing you to duke it out with the Ruskis with your brother by your side.

It would be great if you could do this, but I don't think it's possible. It would just be too complicated for the writers to make. Plus, I've noticed more flexible storylines are a little weak sometime.

When I first saw this thread, I thought you meant politics as in, with politicians. I would like to see a storyline with a corrupt politician working with companies for personal benefit. Maybe in the storyline, he f*cks with you, and so you spend a large amount of time taking down his empire piece by piece.

PHARKIN CHERKOV

Actually, the coding wouldn't be that difficult. There would be a set number of routes or paths for your character to choose. It's all about creating a dynamic environment to play in. IV had the exact same thing with Playboy X and Forge or the bit where you had to snipe one of the McReary brothers except it was on a smaller scale. I would like to see it done, just on a bigger canvas. You could have five different routes to choose from, each one ending in five different game endings. Giving further credence to the five inscribed over the V in the title. I would love to see two good endings, two bad endings and a neutral one. The bad endings could be choices you made like killing your own brother or a cousin, getting locked up in prison or even dying. If you would like to replay the game, you can do so but from scratch or if you're locked up in prison, you could choose to stay inside and try to survive by playing on the sides of various prison gangs giving a whole new element of game play. It would give the game so much depth and pretty much revolutionize the series in my opinion. It's definitely the "next step" in terms of open-world sandbox games.

Politics in terms of inter-gang politics would be pretty interesting for Grand Theft Auto V in my opinion. For example, you can ally the gang that you are a member of a gang, you can align your gang with other near-by gangs to aid you in gang wars (if they are implemented into Grand Theft Auto V), during missions and what not. Likewise, you would also be able go to war with other gangs. If done right, it could just work! Also, if an empire building system is implemented into Grand Theft Auto V - then allying yourself with other criminals empire could come to your benefit, giving you the ability to buy them out - or you can war with them and take them over the old fashioned way. It would add a whole new dimension to the game, in my opinion.

I also like the idea of hiring a drug cartel to sell drugs for you in while you are getting a steady income, same with aligning yourself with a Russian or similar syndicate to get weapons in exchange for selling your illegal goods through them. This could tie in with an empire system also, being able to use your allies for this purpose if you are the bigger member of an alliance, and taking the majority of the cut like any crook no doubt would. Of course, I would much prefer such a system to have as little management as possible on the player's end, and be able to have your crew or associates do your bidding for you.

RE9mJnf.png

PHARKIN CHERKOV

It would also be cool if you could develop relationships with certain members of criminal organizations. Say you're in good with a Russian mob, one of it's members has a dilemma and asks you to kill another member in the group who is believed to be a F.I.B. informant. If you do so, you gain alot of respect and the member of the mob you did the mission for will bless you with a safe house, a cache of specialized M16s buried out in a farm area and a gold-plated revolver.

Things could also get complicated too, you could get busted for a crime and be asked to turn informant on whoever you are working for, keeping out of prison in the process. So much scenarios could play out with a dynamic system like this. It would really push the boundaries of what a PS3/Xbox 360 can/could do with an open world crime-genre game.

Edited by PHARKIN CHERKOV

Zero Toler4nce

I say bring Mike Torino back... Wasn't he a political figure on SA??? I don't remember it was such a long time but damn he was awesome! James Woods ROCKS!

PHARKIN CHERKOV

Leave the III characters where they belong, somewhere in some dusty old PS2 but I think you're missing the point of the topic. We're not talking about actual politics in the game, we're talking about the political nature of criminal organizations and gangs. How they run things, who you can align with, who you can go against, pitting one side against another, et cetera.