GTA V for a PC

johnny_zoo

So Im a student at uni and Im looking to get a new laptop my current Toshiba satellite is 5 years old now and has passed the flower of its age.

I planned on buying one before the end of this year but now with the announcement of V I realize there are more important things in life now than college work. I NEED this game in my life. inlove.gif

I have a PC rig which can handle IV with settings at ultra(and icEnhancer on high) but my younger siblings usually hog that PC and I cant get nowhere near it until late at night and by then I will only stay on an hour or so. Any normal GTA fan would know that an hour playing GTA feels like 10 minutes and its not enough to satisfy my lust.

I want to be able to play on my laptop after a bout of work which laptop therefore do you guys recommend? We dont know the specs now but I assume it cant be that much higher than IV in the graphics department.

Alienware from dell?

Dell XPS15z?

HP pavillion dv6?

Help me out here peeps!

well, first i guess if you cant play it on pc, then its hard for you unless you have a PS3 or 360.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

So Im a student at uni and Im looking to get a new laptop my current Toshiba satellite is 5 years old now and has passed the flower of its age.

I planned on buying one before the end of this year but now with the announcement of V I realize there are more important things in life now than college work. I NEED this game in my life. inlove.gif

I have a PC rig which can handle IV with settings at ultra(and icEnhancer on high) but my younger siblings usually hog that PC and I cant get nowhere near it until late at night and by then I will only stay on an hour or so. Any normal GTA fan would know that an hour playing GTA feels like 10 minutes and its not enough to satisfy my lust.

I want to be able to play on my laptop after a bout of work which laptop therefore do you guys recommend? We dont know the specs now but I assume it cant be that much higher than IV in the graphics department.

Alienware from dell?

Dell XPS15z?

HP pavillion dv6?

Help me out here peeps!

EDIT:

My bad... laptop. Meh, build a desktop.

I think this topic should go to offtopic. THere is the tech place. I suppose if you want a gaming laptop, then Dell XPS isn't bad. But a desktop PC is more reasonable.

Original Light

I'm on a D6 right now, and it can barely play San Andreas. I recomend taking that off the list. Gaming Lap tops are very expensive, and you can get the same performance (cheaper) by buying a desktop computer. The performance will be even better, and cheaper. But of course, this does not apply to every computer.

I'll get a new high end laptop after when GTAV is released.

I like laptops so I'll stick to laptops.

I'll probably get:

i7 2670Q 2.2GHz

GTX580M 1,5GB or 3GB VRAM

16GB RAM 1333MHz

1TB HDD and 120GB SSD.

Well?

I know gaming laptops are expensive, but I'll get it anyway.

G1T

I'll probably get:

i7 2670Q 2.2GHz

16GB RAM 1333MHz

1TB HDD and 120GB SSD.

Well?

I believe there was a DV6 with similar specs. Only thing wrong with gaming laptops is overheating or high revs on the vent. I know that from my own hand. Thats why i want to buy a new desktop in near future.

Toshiba Sats are no good for gaming in most respects, unless you find a very spendy one, But again, best budget spending is for a gaming PC with multicore. My sister's husband spent $1250 on an Asus gaming laptop, that's sure to do pretty well with it I assume

I'll probably get:

i7 2670Q 2.2GHz

16GB RAM 1333MHz

1TB HDD and 120GB SSD.

Well?

I believe there was a DV6 with similar specs. Only thing wrong with gaming laptops is overheating or high revs on the vent. I know that from my own hand. Thats why i want to buy a new desktop in near future.

Yeah, I suspected they will produce heat.

Damn.

However, the mine I want to buy is from MSI.

G1T

Every laptop in the WORLD produces heat, I already replaced a Sony Vaio K23 motherboard from burning out and that's a single core from 2002 or something!! Get a USB heat pad and solve that issue, it's very inexpensive. AND YES, you CAN build a laptop, not many these days, but ASUS started with laptop kits, then made their own available

Yes that the best bet, building you own laptop, but not many reputable sites offer that service.

I know it seems unlogical to play V on a laptop why not get a PC after all? I already have one and I spend way more time on my laptop than my PC so I have to get it for this.

The only thing I can think of is to get Alienware but the depreciation is pretty steep I would think, not to mention the design is quite garish.

Did you customise your dv6 Original Light?

I hate that HP only let americans customise their laptops and noone else come on your a billion dollar company and you cant ship to the UK? f*cking rubbish. tounge2.gif

Finn 7 five 11

Did you customise your dv6 Original Light?

I can tell you for certain he did not.

I would recommend waiting until pc requirements are released so as to not waste money, if rockstar codes the game properly the requirements may be lower than iv.

I've only had one HP/Compaq, newer Core2Duo and I was able to upgrade the CPU, you can also upgrade the memory, but the video in that is integrated. I keep advising, if you want a laptop that allows video expansion, check eBay to see if the parts are there, or check a review site. If the video cards are avail, they will have them listed, if they don't exist, you won't find any record of them