Would you play as a homosexual main character?

BGModder

Would you play as a homosexual main character?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play as a homosexual main character?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

FlavouredMilk

I've got nothing against it, I voted not sure because I feel it may blunt some of the story.

I mean, from girlfriends to boyfriends? What about when they drop by for coffee?

I feel a homosexual lead would throw the whole game off.

Not to mention GTA tries to keep a badass image for it's Protags.

I just don't feel it.

Wouldn't matter to me. A homosexual character could still be a bad ass, I don't see why not. As for the dating mechanics - it's a game. I'll play it the way it was meant to be played smile.gif

It wouldn't stop me playing it, but I'd probably skip any romantic envolvement cutscenes or sex minigames!

Snake Without a Tongue

Of course not. That's what Saints Row is for! BOOYAH! Seriously, this is a dumb thread.

btw , wtf is this for topic XD

Someone has hidden desires?

And to the topic; Yeah, I would play.

As long as its not the stereotypical homosexual character, then I don't mind at all. Someone like Gay Tony for example. Aside from the nickname, you wouldn't realize hes gay just from looking at him or his mannerisms.

i would. Who cares. Alot of gay men act the same. So who cares...

i would also play as a female. I would love a female main lead for GTA 5. But it wont happen. I would love to explorer how rockstar would take it.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

btw , wtf is this for topic XD

Someone has hidden desires?

Whoa, don't get excited buddy. Just wanted to see what the general consensus was.

I don't see how that would work out, especially if they were going for the more serious approach (no offence to the gays, but if it suddenly turned out that someone like Niko preferred to date men, I would probably laugh my ass off), but I'm sure Rockstar could pull it off.

Of course...? Why should this be an issue to anyone? I really don't care either way as long as the issue isn't shoved down players' throats.

Of course I would, GTA is GTA

Wouldn't matter if he banged dudes through the story, I'd still play it, it's too great a game to pass up for some *puts on sunglasses* gay sh*t.

Sure, i don't care what the main character is, i'd just play it, i would be pissed off if the main character was a giant over the top gay guy who would hit on every man and act like a girl all the time. Like Bernie.

The fact that this poll has even been made goes to show why we're even still asking this question in 2011.

To be honest, as long as a drag queen knows how to handle a gun and can put a high heel to the pedal, I'm playing as them.

How about the protagonist isn't defined as gay or straight through the storyline, and whether we are gay or not is up to the person playing?

Male strippers, dating guys, it'd be pertty funny.

We have a protagonist topic, use your search function. Plus, I don't see this going on for long without remarks about homosexuals. Locked.