Add your own music

HoweyLad

Obviously in the previous PC versions in the series you have been able to add your own music into the game. I think it would be great to add this aspect into the new GTA on X360 and PS3. Thoughts?

Very few games do this properly, but the Add it as Radio Station style IS possible (and was done on the Original Xbox Versions of GTA3 - San Andreas), as far as I can remember for now, the only games that use this method on the current gen of consoles is Gran Turismo 5 and the upcoming SSX, both of those have you put music on your consoles Hard Drive under a Playlist, which you then select in the game itself and the game would then mix it in as normal music, this could easily be applied to GTA.

Very few games do this properly, but the Add it as Radio Station style IS possible (and was done on the Original Xbox Versions of GTA3 - San Andreas), as far as I can remember for now, the only games that use this method on the current gen of consoles is Gran Turismo 5 and the upcoming SSX, both of those have you put music on your consoles Hard Drive under a Playlist, which you then select in the game itself and the game would then mix it in as normal music, this could easily be applied to GTA.

THEN THEY SHOULD DO IT!

i never understand why games dont do this, unless modern music players are likely to listen to contradicts or conflicts with the period / atmosphere / vibe of the game... like playing heavy metal on RDR

but 4 GTA this is an obvious feature that SHOULD be in the game

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit had the option to do this

Hell Yeah! I was so pissed when this feature didn't return in IV

You can already play music through your Xbox's guide button. I don't know about the PS3.

But in terms of something like Independence FM on the PC, I would really like.

You can already play music through your Xbox's guide button. I don't know about the PS3.

I'm on a PS3 and it doesn't let you play music when you play games.

I'm on a PS3 and it doesn't let you play music when you play games.

It Does On MotorStorm Pacific Rift (Only Some PS3 Games Allow It)

On Pro Evolution Soccer you can create a playlist from music on your ps3 hard drive for menu music.

As for V, with V being set in modern times, there should be a smart phone with users music to be played on it. The smart phone is also a way to get around the area specific music limitations - like metal station in largely ghetto areas, you can just use your smart phone to access (in game) web radio stations.

I like the idea of being able to add your own music on the console versions of Grand Theft Auto V and I agree, Rockstar should do so! It is definitely possible as the current generation consoles all have hard-drives (with the exception of one model of the Xbox 360 - skips my mind what the specific name of it is though), so I don't see why they couldn't implement such a feature.

RE9mJnf.png

Itd have its pros and cons..... while it would save a TON on disc space.... it has just been so enjoyable listening to the soundtracks R* has selected in the past.... San Andreas sticks out for me...... Rollin down Grove Street in a lowrider while bumpin Dr Dre.... Roaming the countryside with CCR's Green River... Listening to All My Exes Live in Texas while ascending Mt. Chiliad on a dirt bike... The country station really shined that game for some reason... and I rather dislike country... haha.

Midnight Club Los Angeles had it but only offline mod allowed it on ps3. They should really add that option.

they could link it with one of these ps3 & x360 dashboard apps, like mubi & last fm to make a playlist. (Last fm was used for APB)

They definitely should. Only a handful of games that are actually fun allow you to play your own music on the PS3. GTA V should have a 'Custom Radio' or either allow you to play music directly from your PS3 while driving around.

Yes, definetly liked it in San Andreas really much. So i was very dissappointed that IV didn't had it.

I believe it was called ''User track player"

this has been posted before.

Well at this point, this supforum have been running for more than four years. And so EVERYTHING is a repost of something, no point in mentioning it every time.