Crash physics

Jeeebuuus

Traditionally the cars in the GTA series weren't designed to take realistic damage until the last installment, IV. And even then it took alot to make the car undrivable. I understand this is to make the playing experience more fast paced and I have enjoyed it. No doubt it will continue in V. But for variety I think the idea to toggle between "arcade" and "realistic" damage, perhaps changeable in the options menu, would be very exciting and would add to the difficulty level for more experienced players by forcing them to drive professionally. And the crashes would be spectacular colgate.gif . This is probably wishful thinking. Any thoughts.

I prefer the realistic one, I want my car to get messed up from one big crash like it would IRL. That's why i got damage mods and sh*te in my GTA IV aswell.

I'd like to have similar damage system in V than in IV, only it should do bit more damage.

I prefer the realistic one, I want my car to get messed up from one big crash like it would IRL. That's why i got damage mods and sh*te in my GTA IV aswell.

I'd like to have similar damage system in V than in IV, only it should do bit more damage.

Same here. Did they not use Euphoria?

StickyWickett

Euphoria only controls people, when they are hit by cars or shot etc.

I'd prefer to be driving where I know any hit would be fatal, so the driving would become so more exhilarating and risky biggrin.gif

Euphoria is not a physics engine (big misconception)

Euphoria is an animation engine, driven by physics. It's used for animating a character while reacting to its environment, in real time. The car crash physics is separately written and handled by a separate simulation engine. That would be what needs to be improved.

The more real the crash physics are the better in my opinion. Although in IV it was slightly glitchy sometimes, where the top of wheels would show through the bodywork if it was damaged badly. Hopefully thats fixed. Little things like that bug me.

Euphoria is not a physics engine (big misconception)

Euphoria is an animation engine, driven by physics. It's used for animating a character while reacting to its environment, in real time. The car crash physics is separately written and handled by a separate simulation engine. That would be what needs to be improved.

Yeah, the crash physics are handled by RAGE, and people's physics and animations by Euphoria.

I'd prefer to be driving where I know any hit would be fatal, so the driving would become so more exhilarating and risky biggrin.gif

My thoughts exactly.