Should Rockstar sue for infringement?

Magic_Al

Should Rockstar sue BOLT Insurance Agency and Infographic World for using a copyrighted image from Grand Theft Auto IV on a sexual harassment flyer?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rockstar sue BOLT Insurance Agency and Infographic World for using a copyrighted image from Grand Theft Auto IV on a sexual harassment flyer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

If a company is going to market itself as a "Business Owners Liability Team" perhaps they shouldn't misappropriate a copyrighted image for their "What is Sexual Harassment?" brochure. As Kotaku wrote, "Look for Bolt's follow-up chart, 'Using Intellectual Property without Permission'."

user posted image

An Example of Sexual Harassment? Grand Theft Auto

Part of me thinks they should sue. Part of me thinks they should just parody them in V as an example of farcical laws and insurance.

Aside from the copyright issue, are they trying to define GTA IV as something that is definitely classified as sexual harrasment? They might be un-stuck on those grounds too, because I can't imagine there is a precedent (for a start, there won't be too many work PCs in the world. that can actually run IV).

EDIT - worth contacting R* to make sure they are aware of this, if you haven't already Magic_Al.

I think Rockstar should sue them, so many people have given Rockstar flack over the years for GTA and other games they've made so I think they should bite back.

Also to me that poster suggests that GTA IV is a sexually suggestive game, which it isn't. Violent, yes (if you make it so) but not sexually suggestive.

they should not sue. Think about that! They released the artwork and the artwork dont have trademark info on the picture. Meaning people can do what they want.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Part of me thinks they should just parody them in V

This.

Yeah, I mean just look at it. It practically looks like a satirised poster in a GTA franchise game anyway! If only the guys at BOLT could appreicate the irony.

Off topic: where do I get a mug like that on the left? Aside from the comedy value, I'd bet you could get at least three normal cups of tea in that bad boy. Possible Easter Egg contender for V?

they should not sue. Think about that! They released the artwork and the artwork dont have trademark info on the picture. Meaning people can do what they want.

No, if there is no info telling you that it isn't subject to copyright then you should always assume that it is.

BTW, I think they should sue, this is blatant plagiarism.

blowtorchrepair

i'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV or radio, so I'm not sure about the law suit.. However, I do like the other guy's big titty coffee mug. definitely need one of those here at the office!

The more and more I look at this the more it cracks me up. The visualisation is actually extremely simple, almost to the point where it is childish. The people who have drawn this up have come up with such a narrow stereo-typical view or what sexual harrasment looks like that it demeans genuine cases.

In reality, one of the guys on the right is saying: "nah mate, that's a lap-top. It won't run GTA IV, you'll get 5 fps, tops".

Edited by Jimbatron

EvilEmperorZoRG
The more and more I look at this the more it cracks me up. The visualisation is actually extremely simple, almost to the point where it is childish. The people who have drawn this up have come up with such a narrow stero-typical view or what sexual harrasment looks like that it demeans genuine cases.

In reality, one of the guys on the right is saying: "nah mate, that's a lap-top. It won't run GTA IV, you'll get 5 fps, tops".

ahahahahahaha. Yes that's true.

Rockstar should not sue them. Make a nice parody about it on GTA V radio or TV !