Return of the (R3) missions

bengeorge1992

bengeorge1992

Taxi

Police

Fire

Ambulance

More..

You should not have be press R3 to activate them like with the wanted list in GTA IV for the police missions (Just stop and access the police computer in the car to activate them).

Also to not get to a certain level in one go to get the reward.. e.g. just deliver 100 passengers but NOT in a row. Same with the other (R3) missions.

There should be good rewards for completing each one.. like in the old GTA's.. infinite sprint, more health and armour etc.

What do you think ?

King Of Monra

There is no R3 button.

Sounds like you are talking about the "tab" button.

Anyway, if any of those return, I want a price. Like the price vice city gave us with the taxi mission, and so on.

Taxi and Ambulance missions MUST return !!!

Its a good way to earn money and explore the map...

Firetruck missions i think its too much...

Maybe something new...Army? Drugs? etc...

I am sure R* will please us as usual in minigames...

The thing is we want MANY of them!

Taxi = GTA IV was awesome because your cousin owned a taxi service, which justified you driving cab. Perhaps if you had to go to the taxi company and apply for the job taxi missions would be cool, but just stealing a taxi and pushing R3 to start the mission is LAME.

Police = I never did any of the police missions, I'm playing Grand Theft Auto, the cops are the bad guys. Why the f*ck would I want to do police missions??? Hopefully R* figures out what side of the law we are supposed to be playing on and gets rid of the stupid police car missions.

Fire = What is this? Backdraft? f*ck no I don't want to fight fires, I want to LIGHT fires.

Ambulance = Again, LAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'm the reason the ambulance is coming, I'm not driving it.

More = Truck Driving missions were cool, I wouldn't mind them returning. Yaknow, hauling illegal cargo, something a criminal would do?? The drug dealing Ice Cream trucks from Vice City were cool, again, criminal activity. Maybe have a van that you could drive around and kidnap rich people in for ransom, that'd be a cool R3 mission, lol. Another good one was the home invasion missions from SA. I'm sure R* can come up with a whole bunch of other fun criminal activities to include as R3 missions and leave that police, fireman, ambulance driver bullsh*t for another game, like Goody Two Shoes Auto.

Edited by Trideez

I've completely forgotten about the Police side missions. It's a great idea but I don't think it fits in a game with a felony for a title. Same goes for the other 'noble' side missions. Drug dealing, pimping, contract killing, illegal cargo hauling, terrorism, bombing, liquor store robbery, bank heists, mugging, hijacking, etc; side missions are the way to go. smile.gif

I would have missed:

1. Pizza Boy missions - great fun. Last played this side mission in Vice City a long time ago. Don't know why it didn't feature in San Andreas and IV. Need to be back now.

2. Parachute base jump missions - just like in TBoGT. But you would jump from the planes, from very high heights (considering LA hasn't much as tall buildings like in NYC)

3. BMX missions - I never played them really. But I think it would be a nice thing.

4. Bringing the cars for Sunshine Autos kind of thing missions - I have some sentimental for these missions from Vice City. Good times. Heh, looking at the list and then going out to the city to spend whole 24h in-game to find one stupid car... Good times again...

5. Pimp missions - a bit boring side mission from San Andreas... But adds some good taste for the game.

6. Toys missions - should be fun in next-gen GTA. I never really liked them but maybe they would work in a next-gen GTA.

7. Drug delivery - just like in GTA IV.

8. Taxi driver - it was the best in GTA III and Vice City to be honest. Looking forward to it.

5 Protagonists Prove/Theory

"Guns don't kill people, death kills people! Ask a doctor, it's a medical fact, you can't die from a bullet." - Gun Advocate from Chatterbox FM.

The_Mario_Man

VIGILANTE - I really like how they expanded on Vigilante missions for GTA IV, actually accessing the computer and selecting targets was pretty fun. In V, I think they should probably make the radio report on actual crimes, similar to L.A. Noire. So you get a little "press R3 to answer call" promt, or something. If police helicopters, boats, trucks, and bikes are available, they should all have their own variations of Vigilante missions. Maybe even high-difficulty ones if military ground vehicles return.

PARAMEDIC - I'm not really sure how these can be improved from previous games, besides making the ambulance a bit more durable. Maybe have different types of injuries for patients. Light injuries can be fixed by doing some sort of 'simon' minigame, while people who are heavily injured must be returned to the hospital.

FIREFIGHTER - The inclusion of burning building and forests in addition to cars would be friggen sweet. Perhaps you can go inside of burning buildings to rescue the occupants. Hell since there are apparently animals, maybe you can even save a cat from a tree. By blasting it with the hose.

TAXI - Eh, I think this can work pretty much the same as it did in IV.

LIFEGUARD - Well, we know there's going to be a beach. Depending on how the protagonist handles swimming, going out into the water and bringing drowning people back to land would be a pretty fun activity.

TOWTRUCK - Pretty simple. Pick up wrecked vehicles and return them to garages for some cash.

TRUCKER - Same thing we see in San Andreas. You transport a trailer full of goods across the state by land. I think there should be 2 versions of this, though. a 'Legitimate' line of missions that doesn't score you a wanted level, but pays less. Perhaps the value of the cargo decreases if the trailer takes damage. Also have an illegal version where the cops come after you; but you get more cash at your destination.

HELITOURS - Taking helicopter tours was a good way to kill time in IV, perhaps actually being able to give such tours around V would be cool. Maybe you follow a specified route through the city/countryside, and damaging the helicopter/scaring the occupants will cause the cash you get at the end to decrease.

MR. WHOOPIE - It's friggen LA in the summer. Who wouldn't want some ice cream once in a while? Picking up a truck, and getting a small chunk of cash for every sale would be nice.

BUS DRIVER - Pretty simple. In addition to the ability to actually ride the bus as a passenger, stealing one should allow you to stop at marked bus stops to load/unload passengers.

PIZZA BOY - Classic. You get a Faggio, or maybe a car this time around, and deliver pizzas. Maybe there can be variations with Chinese food and whatnot.

VALET - Not really a vehicle sub-mission, but close enough. You simply park cars for people. The faster you can properly park the car without damaging it, the more cash you get. Easy way to score some extra bucks.

CROP-DUSTER - Well, it's right in the trailer, so I assume you get to fly it. Flying specified routes over farms and dropping fertilizer/insecticide/whatever on crops. You lose points/money for covering people with the stuff.

BROWN THUNDER - There's a friggen Hydra (or something that's close to the Hydra) in the trailer. So, I expect to blow some crap up from the skies. Hopefully the Hunter will also be back and/or the Annihilator isn't a piece of crap. Having a Police Maverick with machine guns you can actually control would be nice as well.

ROBBERY - Grabbing a large enough van should allow you to be able to break into homes and take goods. You can carry the goods back to a lockup for cash. Unlike San Andreas, though, I think you should have access to this mission 24/7. I also think you should have to pay closer attention to the places you pick out. If you go to a house during the day, and there's a car in the driveway, the occupants are likely home and may try to fight back, or call the police if you just waltz in. I also think jewelry/electronic stores should be able to get robbed in this manner as well. (We see this in the trailer)

TRAINS - Real easy, get to the next stop as quickly as possible without derailing the friggen train.

I'll think up some more later.

Dijital Binali

Police = I never did any of the police missions, I'm playing Grand Theft Auto, the cops are the bad guys. Why the f*ck would I want to do police missions??? Hopefully R* figures out what side of the law we are supposed to be playing on and gets rid of the stupid police car missions.

I totally agree with that.

I have another idea; how about bringing back the bounty hunter missions from RDR? We can access the list of the criminals who have bounties on their heads from our PC at home. We choose the criminal we want to catch and push, for example, Tab button to activate the mission. Being a bounty hunter is more badass than being a cop IMO.

Other than this, I like the ambulance missions because their reward is so valuable: 50% more health. Taxi missions are a good way to earn money for early stages of the game, and to explore the city.

Just include them all and let us do them with online co-op, that would be great in vigilante where your target is another player. A lot like IV's game modes, only with the level system.

iGrandTheftAuto

I would like to have the taxi and ambulance missions come back, and depending on the protagonist, maybe we could have a drug dealer type of R3 mission, along with the return of pizza delivery.

user posted image

VIGILANTE - I really like how they expanded on Vigilante missions for GTA IV, actually accessing the computer and selecting targets was pretty fun. In V, I think they should probably make the radio report on actual crimes, similar to L.A. Noire. So you get a little "press R3 to answer call" promt, or something. If police helicopters, boats, trucks, and bikes are available, they should all have their own variations of Vigilante missions. Maybe even high-difficulty ones if military ground vehicles return.

PARAMEDIC - I'm not really sure how these can be improved from previous games, besides making the ambulance a bit more durable. Maybe have different types of injuries for patients. Light injuries can be fixed by doing some sort of 'simon' minigame, while people who are heavily injured must be returned to the hospital.

FIREFIGHTER - The inclusion of burning building and forests in addition to cars would be friggen sweet. Perhaps you can go inside of burning buildings to rescue the occupants. Hell since there are apparently animals, maybe you can even save a cat from a tree. By blasting it with the hose.

TAXI - Eh, I think this can work pretty much the same as it did in IV.

LIFEGUARD - Well, we know there's going to be a beach. Depending on how the protagonist handles swimming, going out into the water and bringing drowning people back to land would be a pretty fun activity.

TOWTRUCK - Pretty simple. Pick up wrecked vehicles and return them to garages for some cash.

TRUCKER - Same thing we see in San Andreas. You transport a trailer full of goods across the state by land. I think there should be 2 versions of this, though. a 'Legitimate' line of missions that doesn't score you a wanted level, but pays less. Perhaps the value of the cargo decreases if the trailer takes damage. Also have an illegal version where the cops come after you; but you get more cash at your destination.

HELITOURS - Taking helicopter tours was a good way to kill time in IV, perhaps actually being able to give such tours around V would be cool. Maybe you follow a specified route through the city/countryside, and damaging the helicopter/scaring the occupants will cause the cash you get at the end to decrease.

MR. WHOOPIE - It's friggen LA in the summer. Who wouldn't want some ice cream once in a while? Picking up a truck, and getting a small chunk of cash for every sale would be nice.

BUS DRIVER - Pretty simple. In addition to the ability to actually ride the bus as a passenger, stealing one should allow you to stop at marked bus stops to load/unload passengers.

PIZZA BOY - Classic. You get a Faggio, or maybe a car this time around, and deliver pizzas. Maybe there can be variations with Chinese food and whatnot.

VALET - Not really a vehicle sub-mission, but close enough. You simply park cars for people. The faster you can properly park the car without damaging it, the more cash you get. Easy way to score some extra bucks.

CROP-DUSTER - Well, it's right in the trailer, so I assume you get to fly it. Flying specified routes over farms and dropping fertilizer/insecticide/whatever on crops. You lose points/money for covering people with the stuff.

BROWN THUNDER - There's a friggen Hydra (or something that's close to the Hydra) in the trailer. So, I expect to blow some crap up from the skies. Hopefully the Hunter will also be back and/or the Annihilator isn't a piece of crap. Having a Police Maverick with machine guns you can actually control would be nice as well.

ROBBERY - Grabbing a large enough van should allow you to be able to break into homes and take goods. You can carry the goods back to a lockup for cash. Unlike San Andreas, though, I think you should have access to this mission 24/7. I also think you should have to pay closer attention to the places you pick out. If you go to a house during the day, and there's a car in the driveway, the occupants are likely home and may try to fight back, or call the police if you just waltz in. I also think jewelry/electronic stores should be able to get robbed in this manner as well. (We see this in the trailer)

TRAINS - Real easy, get to the next stop as quickly as possible without derailing the friggen train.

I'll think up some more later.

Im loving these ideas, especially the lifeguard one.

i want these missions back... but isnt R3 look behind? (PS3) i want to look behind in any vehicle i happen to be in (common sense really) so they need to change the button that triggers these side missions.

The_Mario_Man

i want these missions back... but isnt R3 look behind? (PS3) i want to look behind in any vehicle i happen to be in (common sense really) so they need to change the button that triggers these side missions.

In the PS2 copies it was always R3. L2+R2 Looked behind back then. The PS3 controls switch it to the shoulder buttons.