Andy Rooney dies at age 92

Miamiguy

Well another TV celebrity has gone to a better place:

Rooney, the irascible, inimitable “60 Minutes” commentator, died Friday night after suffering complications from a minor surgery that had kept him hospitalized for several weeks. He was 92.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/...-complications/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/05/a..._n_1077574.html

Here is his last interview:

Edited by Miamiguy
"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

Guess nobody cares about this old man... bored.gif

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

Guess nobody cares about this old man... bored.gif

I do,

R.I.P. Andy Rooney!

We will miss you!

Had a feeling his health wasn't the greatest ever since he announced he was leaving 60 Minutes a little over a month ago. Shame to hear of his passing, but he definitely lived a long and admirable life.

Rest in peace, Andy.

7FTgFLB.png

OP, I beat you to the punch on this story (on our own forum) But in respects to the man, we (my whole family) grew up watching 60 Minutes at dinner. He truly did spend virtually his whole adult life doing the job he loved. We could only be as lucky!

SIGNING OFF....for the last time "Doesn't it Bother you?...." Andy, we love you! PEACE R.I.P.

oh no. Didint we see he just retired a few months back? He worked all those years and then wanted a peaceful retirement. RIP.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

According to the interviews, he would have wanted to work till the very end, it happened that way it seems. Essentially

OP, I beat you to the punch on this story (on our own forum) But in respects to the man, we (my whole family) grew up watching 60 Minutes at dinner. He truly did spend virtually his whole adult life doing the job he loved. We could only be as lucky!

SIGNING OFF....for the last time "Doesn't it Bother you?...." Andy, we love you! PEACE R.I.P.

Considering that Rooney's segment started around the early '80s, fair to say you.. oh, never mind. Beating a dead horse.

Rest in Peace, Andy Rooney. I too watched you on Sunday nights. With my grandfather. When I was 10.

518946f871d7d.preview-300.jpg

I too grew up watching ol Andy do his witty commentary on 60 minutes with my Mom. Truly sad to see him go.

He will truly be missed, but like Ska said, he lived a long accomplished life.

RIP Andy Rooney.

user posted image

Unique Curmudgeon, the one guy who never stopped complainin' bout sumpthin', but he amused us without question

sad.gif why lawd why?!?! Old grumpy people shouldn't die... they always have something amusing to say, even if it's from a cynical point of view... R.I.P.

this news really grinds my gears...