THE JETPACK THREAD

Wenis IV

Should the jetpack be in V?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Should the jetpack be in V?

• Yes
    • No

i say yes but only as a cheat and only really rare random places (eg. alleyways) in multiplayer.

This.

I hope R* make V as realistic as IV.

No.

Jetpack was great in San Andreas, but this is GTA V.

We want (and i am sure we ll see) new ideas of fun!

I would totally love a flying Delorean that can go back in time. ph34r.gif

Mainland Marauder

Yes, but only if I can use a flamethrower and the jetpack at the same time. Like "Fireball" from The Running Man or The Fury in MGS3.

BURN!

"You tell me exactly what you want, and I'll explain to you very carefully why it cannot be."

No.

Best idea ever. cookie.gif

UberChargedCJ
Please not that stupid thing...

i told you to not touch that f*cking thread if you hate the jetpack

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion. You didn't make the thread, so what authority do you have to tell him he can't post in here?

similiar to them i loved that jetpack to fly with it

FlavouredMilk

The only reason I really liked the jetpack was for it's exploration uses. It was one of those go-anywhere-any-direction-quickly things.

A jetpack in terms seems stupid and illogical... But it's useful...

I'm therefore unsure of this...

Though I voted yes. Because I'd rather it make it's place than for me to want it and fail to have the option.

No.

F yeah... One of my favourite movie cars. Why not a concept like car, first of it's kind. biggrin.gif

But to be realistic...no jetpack. Its not even realistic that you break into a military base...alone, shoot everybody down, take a jetpack and fly away. Even in a different scenario, it just wouldn't fit into LA or LS in this case.

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

No.

F yeah... One of my favourite movie cars. Why not a concept like car, first of it's kind. biggrin.gif

But to be realistic...no jetpack. Its not even realistic that you break into a military base...alone, shoot everybody down, take a jetpack and fly away. Even in a different scenario, it just wouldn't fit into LA or LS in this case.

Don't forget the upgraddable flux capacitor. biggrin.gif

Yeah I think that's why it should be a reward, or like most have said a cheat. One thing that killed me with SA's story was the special agent for hire part. It just felt so out of place. It made me forget I was playing a GTA game.

From the sense I get I think GTA V will be a hybrid of SA and GTA IV. Not too serious like GTA IV, but not as OTT as SA.

A jetpack IMO simply wouldn't fit within the story, but it should still be included in some fashion for those that really like it. smile.gif

Hell yeah.

OK, I will admit to being a HUGE San An fan, but even I can see that they wont ever hit those kind of crazy times again in a full blown GTA game (sadly).

Now here is the thing, I am seein the "as a cheat" answer popping up quite a bit now, and it makes perfect sense to me for R* to go back to the whacky cheats as it will be an ideal way to give the split fans what they want - a not TOO unrealistic game, fine, play as normal - want to fly jet packs and kill herds of zombies, we got something for you too, that way we all get to enjoy the game more - just dont depress us with the story.

Seriously though, elaborate cheat codes are a perfect compromise.

I dont see the problem with jetpack and realism, jetpack still exist in reality. It is not like if we were talking about a Laser Gun or a flying saucer..

I dont see the problem with jetpack and realism, jetpack still exist in reality. It is not like if we were talking about a Laser Gun or a flying saucer..

I would say it's just uncommon. It's not everyday you see someone flying around with a jetpack on. It primarily exists as military technology.

Then again it's not everyday you see someone blowing half a city up with a rocket launcher either, so yeah.

the nameless: I think R* will definitely come up with a compromise for everyone. I admit the jetpack isn't my favourite feature, but obviously people still like it enough, so it should be in the game.

Edited by Miamivicecity

I would say it's just uncommon. It's not everyday you see someone flying around with a jetpack on. It primarily exists as military technology.

Then again it's not everyday you see someone blowing half a city up with a rocket launcher either, so yeah.

the nameless: I think R* will definitely come up with a compromise for everyone. I admit the jetpack isn't my favourite feature, but obviously people still like it enough, so it should be in the game.

Everything a player can do in GTA is uncommon cool.gif

I want to see jetpack, flamethrower, chainsaw, rhino, etc... It is GTA.

When GTA V is on PC and people know how to mod that...... Then we'll see lasers and UFO's.

Yeah the jetpack was fun, but I would like to see a cheat or another mission like Black Project.

Jetpack should return because it appeared once and area 53 created a jetpack

G1T

Jetpack should return because it appeared once and area 53 created a jetpack

Area 53? You must mean the real life Area 51 or the fictional Area 69?

Anyways, forbidden area was near LV, in the desert. That isn't close to LA/LS. Also after seeing the trailer, i don't think something like that would appear. There could be a aviation museum or something where its displayed...who knows.

"Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather, or the....ah! i don't know. That thing, that magic!"

Of course! It was great to have it in GTA SA and was a lot of fun.I wouldn't mind if it was a cheat code in the game.It could even work for online say you have to reach the checkpoints before the other players do,but you're aloud to shoot to try and stop them.Just brainstorming ideas but they should certainly return to GTA V..

Good Topic icon14.gifcookie.gif .

Of course! It was great to have it in GTA SA and was a lot of fun.I wouldn't mind if it was a cheat code in the game.It could even work for online say you have to reach the checkpoints before the other players do,but you're aloud to shoot to try and stop them.Just brainstorming ideas but they should certainly return to GTA V..

Good Topic icon14.gifcookie.gif .

Agreed

G1T

Yeah its awesome especially when used with an smg. For those of you who are complaining that it's too unrealistic, screw it. Just make it non-mission related or something and make it a cheat or something.

I'm all for it. If R* feels it's a bit ridiculous to have it in a mission then they could have it as just a hidden thing you can find on your own, totally unrelated to the story.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a cheat code only thing, they could have it somewhere on the map, lets say a hidden hatch in some dusty location, you climb down a ladder and there it is, could be like an achievement for finding it as well to let people know it is in the game just not related to the story

i accidently clicked No -_-

i think the jetpack should make a return...... but there should only be 1, and it should be very hidden...... and maybe with limited fuel. it would be funny realizing your low on fuel way up in the air and then suddenly making a crash landing.

mods, mods, mods, mods, mods, THERE WILL BE MODS FOR THIS!! It doesnt need to be added into the real game!

Im the only one who thinks that the jetpack was incredibily overrated? it was fun for like 5 minutes suicidal.gif

Agree 100%, way too overrated. Never understood the enthusiasm for the jetpack

Breaking Bohan

I loved the jetpack. It was a lot of fun.

Also, jet packs are real. (maybe they don't work as well as in the game but they've been around for a long time - go look on youtube for videos).

Being able to fly jets and jetpacks and stuff was a lot of fun and I really missed them (and that sense of fun) in GTAIV.